The new snapshot, an important change 🚨

The new Snapshot is coming and with it new possibilities!

Many have already noticed, as @giv had already mentioned it here on Harmony Snapshot: Official Migration to Snapshot.org

He has also written a very good tutorial on how to set it up:

Now every DAO is the admin of the snapshot, which also means responsibility!

First of all, a strategy has to be developed - here are two examples

• Number of Staked ONE & ONE in the Wallet as votes (1.xx)
  • 1 Wallet with 100 ONE equals 1 vote (2.xx)

The possibilities here would be endless to try out the strategy there is the Playground.

After that there are different Voting Types:

• Approval Voting (x.01)
  • Quadratric Voting (x.02)
  • Ranked choice voting (x.03)
  • Weighted voting (x.04)
  • Single Choice Voting (x.05)

There are also new plugins like POAP (let’s hope they come to Harmony soon) and a Aragon Plugin is in development.

Also, with this new change, we need to think about a quorum and whether to open proposals to all?

As this innovation affects all of us, it is important to take a look at it in advance and form an opinion and define a future strategy and voting type. That is why I have set up the two strategies and five voting types mentioned here as a test. You can find them at: Snapshot

11 Likes

I am excited for these new tools and working with the community to find out there perspectives on the questions raised. Please participate and give us as much feedback as possible everyONE!

3 Likes

thank you very much!!

1 Like

Hi @ben2k_Stakeridoo

Thanks for the instruction and helping choosing the strategy in TG.

Every time I create a proper full proposal (example: Snapshot), when I try to vote on it, I get an error: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

At the same time, 3 out of 5 times I created a test proposal (exactly the same way as the proper one, with one exception: in title and description I have “test” instead of the actual text), I had the same error and 2 times - didn’t have that error. The first 2 tests I created didn’t have the error (already deleted these proposals) and the last 3 - had (you can see them here: https://snapshot.org/#/onerudao.eth).

Any idea what could be wrong?

1 Like

Hey Tony
can you may explain what strategy you try to use? I see you try ERC20 which would translated to HRC20 so you using a special token with a smart contract?

Here the two above mentioned strategies I tested so far:

• Number of Staked ONE & ONE in the Wallet as votes

• 1 Wallet with 100 ONE equals 1 vote

1 Like

I also tried the ERC20 strategy. I made a custom token on Aragon which is not transferable. I made a STAKE token so 1 Token = 1 Vote. Can also called RuDAO token :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Ben

Thanks for taking the time to help me :slight_smile:

The weird thing is that today (without making any changes of the settings) I created a few more test proposals and all of the worked fine…

And extra kudos for the 100+ ONE strategy, that is exactly what we needed!

1 Like

The only thing I was not able to create is a strategy with balance for staked ONE

1 Like

Yeah, we may need this. Any idea what’s wrong?

I need some inputs from @giv for this, can not read the new smart contract. Also I saw Smartstake will not show those data of events anymore if the new smart contract is used :confused:

2 Likes

The German DAO has used some plug-ins like comment box, POAP, quorum and hal notifications you can see it here: Snapshot

1 Like