University of Denver Web3 Hackathon

We have a time sensitive opportunity for Harmony to sponsor our multi college hackathon in Denver starting next week. In-person days are May 20th and 21st, but we are releasing hackathon information starting Monday the 16th.

We are a group of students from The University of Denver, and the leaders of web3 @ DU. We are expecting about 40-60 students, technical and non-technical from several Colorado universities. The hackathon is focused on how DAOs can benefit universities.

Our highest level of sponsorship is $5000.

We are requesting funding for $5000 for this event (although, more funding is accepted for long-term partnerships and club operations).

We know web3 is awesome. Bring visibility to your products and services to the attendees, judges, students, professors, school faculty, and Web3 community.
:rocket: Gain student awareness of your brand.
There will be students from all walks of life at this event. Many majors from several different colleges around Colorado (and possibly beyond)
:mortar_board: Recruit students.
If any talented student catches your eye, feel free to recruit them for internships or full-time!
:hammer_and_wrench: Host bounties.
Host as many bounties as you want! This will allow students to start using and testing your technology, and once again, further bringing awareness around your awesome brand.

Here is our pitch book:

@frwrdslosh @lij

1 Like

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

2 Likes

Very exciting. Really looking forward to this hackathon! Great things to see.
@giv @Sam

I met with Petras and his partner last week and they have a super cool event planned. I think is a win win for Harmony.

This is a perfect opportunity for Harmony to be visible in front of 40-60 students who are all interested in web3, many will be computer science students.

But time sensitive, starts in 8 days.

I’m willing to represent Harmony at the event, take swag, answer questions, place signage.

@frwrdslosh @lij @giv @Sam

2 Likes

Targeting young gen z talent and the overall young audience is a great plan.

The more events and visibility the better.

Competition, rewards, celebration. This is the crux of our societies ability to enjoy life and move forward.

Also the ability to utilize talent that is emerging.

I would love to see this event and others like it.

2 Likes

Wow you man never run out of great ideas I fully support this

2 Likes

Hey so a few locals here in CO have reached out to me about this event now, and given my connection to a few of these schools I would be happy to contribute some of my time along with @Suede0619 during the event.

If this hackathon is funded at the requested level, I could potentially help with the table , workshop, future workshop, judging, or even keynote.

Also DU web3 keep me in mind for future events/panels as well! Happy to support the students!

2 Likes

I am very excited for this event and I love that our youth is engaged and can see what daos can do for the future.

Touching on what @Suede0619 and @Ru-MADNFT said, I am willing to be right beside them in representing Harmony.
I agree on the short timeline but it is definitely doable if we all put our minds together.

1 Like

@Mattyontap the deadline for this is passing…Possible to get these guys funded?

1 Like

I have a small box of Harmony swag from ADAO that didn’t get used this month. Just saying.

1 Like

Hello,

Would we be able to get an update on the status of this? @Mattyontap @jbeltran Looking forward to hearing back.

All the best.

Hi @petras, I want to apologize for the lack of response on my end. I intend on managing our communications much more effectively as we grow this relationship. I understand the event has now passed, but I would love for you to connect with me on Telegram so that when a new opportunity arises, we can discuss more effectively. Additionally, our regional events are being held in collaboration with Ambassador DAO, perhaps there is an opportunity for you to partner with them on a regional event as well.

Thank you again, and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Matty