Validator DAO Council Candidate: HoundOne

Hello EveryONE!

While many of you refer to me as “Hound”, (I hope not the GOT Character), my name is Héctor and here is my candidacy for the Validator DAO and to replace our friend Abraham.

The 3 mandates of the validator DAO are :

-Decentralization: bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles.

-Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling.

-Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements

Decentralization:

There is still so much that can be done in this topic. We fully advocate to the DAO’s goal of having 200 Validator Nodes before year. This means to support and advice to anyone who is interested in becoming a Validator, but also to help them by promoting their node. I may not be an IT expert, but we can figure out together how to solve any doubt they could have.

Security:

The best way to make sure Harmony Network is by increasing the number of elected validators. While this happen we want to improve Harmony Docs in terms of increasing security, I think to make an easier guide, step by step would help the whole Validators and Harmony Network safety.

Participation:

More than a mandate I think as our Delegator’s voice, we must be active participants of the Network, and I will encourage everyONE to vote, most of new Validators (I was included) don’t know they can vote even if unelected, every vote matters!

I’ll be always open to anyONE who want to reach me, and will happily receive their concerns, feedback, or whatever they want to talk about. As a member of the DAO we would be their voice too.

About me:

I have a Business Administration Degree and in my last role, I worked as a Marketing & Communications Professional for Latinamerica, in an IT company.

Thank you for reading my candidacy and please VOTE!!

6 Likes

Awesome! Really happy you are applying! :grin:

1 Like

Great to see you participating!!

1 Like

I’m really happy to have the chance to be more helpful to both Harmony and the DAO

1 Like

Thanks a lot!! Really glad to be here!!

1 Like

Q&A from the VDAO AMA:

1. What can you contribute to the Validator DAO?
    -In my professional career I’ve been working with multidisciplinary teams scattered around the world which means I’m used to work at different times and under pressure if needed. I believe I can contribute by sharing my expertise in Project Management.

2. what does “DAO” means to you and why is participating in governance of Creative DAO important to you?
    -A DAO is a group of people who works towards a common objective.
    To me, participate in the VDAO is pretty important because as I said in my nomination, we are the voice of the Validators, who at the same time are the voice of their Delegators… It’s a great power the one that the VDAO has and within, like Ben Parker (Uncle Ben) says… Great responsibility. I’d work towards increasing the security of the network and also to achieve the main goals of have more than 200 validators elected before Year End.

3. The Validator DAO is in the moment working on a program to boot strap validators. What do you believe would be the best certification of a prospective recipient of the VDAO boot strap funds?
    I love the VDAO bootstrap program, with the telegram, Twitter, weekly spotlight and other stuff you do.

If a program like that goes live, the least I’d expect from a validator to commit fully with the community, (other validators and Delegators) and help anyone who needs help.

4 Likes