Validator DAO Council Candidate: Titus.ONE

Hello, Harmony holders, delegators, validators, enthusiasts et al! My name is Titus and with this I’m announcing my candidacy for the Validator DAO Council.

I’m a relatively new validator in the community. I learned about Harmony One in early April this year, and after doing some research on the project and its team I decided to invest in it. Although it was hard for me not to be bullish on a protocol like Harmony since the very beginning, what precipitated me into getting more involved and start running a validator node in July was not the project, but the community itself. So far I haven’t been able to find another crypto-community as helpful, as lively, as inclusive and as determined as the Harmony community. The overabundance of assistance I got from other established validators when I started my node was spectacular if not lofty. That stamina to help other Harmonauts get started, whether it be with a validating node, delegating, creating, minting and promoting NFTs, or helping others understand what Harmony One is all about is constantly seen in every social media outlet, and it is one that I want to continue to be part of. Serving as a member of the Validator DAO will enable me to fulfill this desire to aid in the growth of Harmony.

As mentioned above, I’m a relatively new validator (my first election was in Epoch 671), so if I get elected this will be a new and enormous learning experience for me. Nevertheless, I intend to seek the guidance and advice of those with better experience in order to contribute to the DAO using the best of my abilities. To this effect, the three mandates of the Validator DAO - decentralization, security and participation - will the couriers of my actions, as they have been during my short time as an elected validator. I will promote decentralization by helping new validators get started into the ecosystem and the community. I will spread information about proper security practices (BLS key management, seed phrase use, possible scamming scenarios, etc) to new validators and delegators. And finally, I will encourage participation, both by example and by reaching-out, in all aspects of governance by releasing information pertinent to proposals and other community-driven activities including, but not limited, to AMAs, Twitter Spaces, group chats and campaigns.

I encourage all validators holder to vote in the Validator DAO Council Election, either for me or for any of the other amazing candidates. The validator community is full outrageously smart and skillful individuals who are ready to make Harmony a more secure and fairer ecosystem. Thank you very much for your attention.

Very Respectfully,
Titus

9 Likes

Another great fit. Great seeing this post.

1 Like

Happy to see your announcement! Can’t wait to see the elections

1 Like

Thank you, Jimbo! Ready to work with everybody if elected!

1 Like

Thank you! Same when I saw yours! Like you, this would be a first time for me if elected, so this promises to be exciting.

1 Like

So elated to see your nomination. You have all it takes to get the job done.

2 Likes

Now we can work together instead of racing :rofl:

2 Likes

Go Titus! :innocent: wishing you good luck in your bid!

1 Like

Thank you, HeavenOne!

Well, this is exactly what I wanted to see! I know first hand what you’ve done to help fellow validators, so seeing your candidacy for the VDAO Council feels like a natural and logical step to me. I’m sure you’ll do great!

1 Like

Appreciate it, Rutilant! Hopefully I’ll be able to help much more in the council.

Good luck and glad to have you around!