Validator DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: BrotherOne

Good evening my fellow Validators and Harmonauts.

It has been an absolute pleasure to have worked for the VDAO in Q4 of 2021 and I wish to announce my Candidacy to continue to serve once again for Q1 of 2022. I would as like to give my gratitude to the Q4 VDA Governors @frwrdslosh, @HankTheCrank, @Symphony.One, @Abraham, @Maffaz, @RhythmValidator, @ONE4All, @ben2k_Stakeridoo, and @Altocryptotitus whom were very nice and a joy to work with. We had our fun but when it came down to getting things done I could count on them! I could not be happier to have served with these members. I wish to see them participate again. I believe our work together has only just begun.

Working on the current council has taught me the importance of the work we do and how it will help many new and seasoned validators in our ecosystem. As a Validator DAO Governor I promise to continue upholding the Mandates and searching for more opportunities to help. I may not be a developer but I am hungry to learn and willing to implement those skills to support my fellow governors and validators.

Decentralization: It is a concept that the more I learn about the more I begin to understand how complex it really is. Harmony is not there yet but what I admire the most is our community striving to get there. The Validator Initiative is a project that we wish to improve on that helps recognize new or upcoming Validators. I promise to continue to improve on these matters and support initiative like this. I would like to quote myself here because I still believe in this statement. [quote=“BrotherOne, post:1, topic:4030”]
I want to ensure that new validators know how to create, promote, and share their knowledge to teach others how to do the same. We are not gate keepers but couches/mentors to those who are willing to learn and grow.
[/quote]

Security: As a governor I promise to continue to support the improvement and security of our network. I wish to help share my knowledge on security with you all. In my first term as a governor I learned something new about security. Just having a few firewalls on our nodes and ssh keys were not enough. Diversifying our node service providers and locations is also a good example of good security and decentralization of our network. Cool right? Learning things like this and teaching it to our validators is key to securing our ecosystem. I will continue to encourage our validators to practice on testnet and to familiarize themselves with how to secure their node and servers.

Participation: This has easily become my favorite mandate. Ideas are born because we chose to have an open dialogue. Discussing HIP proposals on Talk.Harmony.One and on twitter has been a joy. As a governor I promise to continue to encourage everyone to join in on our discussions. This is how we can come together and find solutions to the problems we face for the Validator ecosystem. Exploring different ideas and encouraging validators to vote on HIP proposals is our duty.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read through my nomination. I hope you consider BrotherONE for a 2nd Term on the Validator DAO Q1 2022. It was an honor to server my fellow validators and community members. I am excided to see what Harmony will do for 2022 and with that I wish you all a Happy New Year! If you have any questions or concerns please comment or DM me. You can also reach me on Twitter @OniiiONE :smile:

15 Likes

An absolute pleasure working with you and I hope to do the same this term!

1 Like

It was great working with you last term! Best wishes on the next election.

2 Likes

Working with you has been worth every second of it. Glad to see you apply again. Wishing you the very best and looking forward to greater exploits this coming term Gods willing.

1 Like

AMA Questions and Answers

1. Give those listening a brief overview of the VDAO mandates and what each one means for the network.

The VDAO mandates are Decentralization, Security, and Participation. Decentralization focuses on allowing more validators joining the network, low entry levels, and supporting initiatives that encourage these ideas. Validator Initiative is an example of an Initiative with that in mind. Security is also scaling more validators to help secure the network. Validators securing their nodes from unwanted 3rd party interference. Diversifying the locations and service provides of the nodes. Participation is encouraging delegators to inform validators to vote on HIP proposals. Having validators join in the discussions to help guide our network to a better future.

2. As a repeating candidate, please tell those listening, how do you feel you contributed the most and, if elected, what are you looking forward to most.

I participated in launching the Validator Initiative Spotlight Project along with HankTheCrank and Titus. I wrote the Medium articles for week 1 - 9 and I hope to continue to support new and upcoming validators with the Initiative. I also contributed in Treasury work on payroll for our governors. I believe it’s important to be flexible in a DAO to help the team where ever it needed. I look forward to improving the quality for of the work that the VDAO provides. There is a lot of work left in regards to Bootstrapping Initiative and I hope to find new ways to help our ecosystem.

3. What does DAO’s mean to you and why is participating in governance of the validator community important to you.

DAO is an organization that can help facilitate decisions for the organization that they are involved with. It does not allow 1 single entity to make decisions on behalf of the organization. As a VDAO governor we speak to the other 8 members and we share our ideas on what is best for the network. Not every person has ideas we all can agree with but learning about these ideas are helpful to understand that there is a middle place where we can all agree on to best help in process decisions for the network. Listening to our delegators and validator community is how we can keep in touch with the community and support HIP proposals that will benefit the network.

1 Like