Validator DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: CoinChowder

Well hello there. What a pleasant surprise to see you drop by and show interest in some CoinChowder.

I ran for Term 3 under the premise that I would be a supporting character wherever the DAO/Community needed me. I believe I did just that (if I may say so myself), and hopefully, the other governors felt that I was able to add value with my ideas and suggestions.

For Term 3, I was involved in:

1. The elected validator series
  2. Being one of the primary payroll officers
  3. Discussions on Master Classes with @BrotherOne @HoundOne_Validator @PeaceLoveHarmony.
  4. Working closely with @ben2k_Stakeridoo to initiate the discussion about Quadratic voting.
  5. Landing page for the VDAO

Currently, I am also laying some groundwork to streamline the DAO operations. This goes from writing guides for DAO processes such as payroll, to creating a checklist for onboarding new governors, with the aim to get them up to speed as quickly as possible. The motivation comes from my experience as a Governor, where I felt the first few weeks could have been more productive if there were some guidelines to help first-timers.

I like to use the analogy that a DAO governor is similar to the Mayor of a town. The Mayor’s job is to identify areas of improvement and implement processes to address those problems and to benefit the community (you guys). For example, if the town has a particular pedestrian crossing that has a high rate of accidents, the Mayor shouldn’t be waiting to perform CPR on each victim but should be considering implementing traffic lights there. We should always ask ‘Can it scale?’. There are always ways to scale, we just need to Open the DAO up to contributors and compensate for their work.

Anyways, I’d be happy to serve the VDAO again if the community wants, and if not, I would not be discouraged as we have a solid set of candidates this term as well.

Chowder Out

8 Likes

I really enjoyed working with you my friend! Glad to finally see your name in here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome to see you put your name out there again!

3 Likes

Hey you applied! Awesome! Hope to be able to work with you again in Term4!

3 Likes

100% support for you! You did an amazing job and have a great understanding of DAOs :blue_heart:

3 Likes

As a prospective candidate, I am very grateful you are writing procedures for streamlining the onboarding process. I know how tedious it is because I write up procedures at my job too.

(I was also really hoping there to be some type of document like that in place)

I’m more of a “hit the ground running” type of person so your skillset is definitely an asset!

Good luck on the election!

2 Likes

likewise Rob! You’re the most mellow chilled-out guy I know.

2 Likes

Thanks mate! It would be great to serve alongside you if the chance presents itself.

1 Like

Yes! Thank you for reminding me, sir. I got off the plane and with a few hours left, I put this together and submitted it.

Again, it’s a shame we can’t use gifs here.

1 Like

Thank you @ben2k_Stakeridoo

I learned a lot from you and I hope I can guide any newcomers like the way you guided us. It’s VDAOs loss that you aren’t running again but I hope CDAO knows how lucky they are to have taken you away from us! hahaha

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! It’ll serve as another source of motivation :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey guys, with only 2 days to go, I have decided, after much consideration, to concede my candidacy in the Term 4 election. To be very real here, I feel really honored to have 15 votes out of the 24 who have voted so far. The reason I have decided this is because I recently formed a new DAO (which I am determined to bring across what I’ve learned from Term 3 VDAO and apply it there). It’s still in its infancy so it requires a lot of tender love and care. As such, I feel that I won’t be able to deliver the quality of work that a Core DAO deserves moving forward if I were to be elected.

To my fellow running candidates @PeaceLoveHarmony @HoundOne_Validator @AffinityShard @PiStake @CryptoTech @StakeIt.ONE @ONEBullValidator @QuickOne_Validator @Symphony.One @Altocryptotitus and xLabGuyx (sorry I can only tag 10 people per post)

I wish you the best of luck in the rest of the election. With a mixture of new and existing, I foresee a powerful cocktail of new insights and experiences. I have confidence that any combination of you will be able to bring the validator community to new heights.

Thank you again to everyone who considered me as a VDAO signatory, and all the best to the remaining candidates. I will definitely run again in the future, hopefully after I help make the other DAO self-sustainable.

Much love, CoinChowder.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re conceding! I completely understand though and know that the new DAO that requires your full attention will do great! It’s been a pleasure serving term 3 with you.

2 Likes

My friend, it was a pleasure serving during term3 with you, may you suceed in your new adventure

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see you drop your candidacy for the VDAO @realcoinchowder but I understand and I wish you all the best and wish you much success in all of your future endeavors!

1 Like