Validator DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: QuickOne_Validator

Hello Everybody,

I would like to propose QuickOne_Validator for a VDAO position.

My main goals for VDAO are:

1- Increase decentralization

2- Promotion of security

3- Increase participation.

1- Increase decentralization

I believe Decentralization is one of the key factors of the blockchain technology and of harmony one as well. Decentralization includes all of us, validators and delegators as well. I will do my best to support this cause and help new validators and delegators with the best of my knowledge and experience.

2- Promote security.

Security is very important to Harmony One protocol, as a VDAO I will help the community to increase security awareness for both delegators and Validators. Promote and help system hardening for validators nodes and help with education for the community in general.

3- Increase participation

As VDAO one of my main goals will be to increase participation to Harmony protocol for both new validators and delegators. To help increase participation I plan to increase the community awareness and make it easer for new validators, with node setup and helping them with promotions.

Additional remarks
I want to add that I will make efforts as well to improve documentation of Harmony one and invest in automatization procedures and monitoring that can be useful for Validator.

About me:

I have a Ph.D. in IT Monitoring and Anomaly detection and currently I work as Technical Manager and IT Architect. I have experience with various flavors of Linux OS, Automatization, Networking, Scripting, ASP.NET and Python.

Summary of AMA.
Q1 - A brief overview of the VDAO mandates and what each ones means for the network?

A1 - The three mandates in brief are 1 - Decentralization, 2 - Security and 3 - Participation, I see them as interconnected with each other, more decentralization would require more participation which in its own would bring a higher staking rate for better security. The mandates involves both validators and delegators as well, each can and should contribute to each of them.

Q2 - As a first time candidate please tell us, what do you feel will be your greatest contribution to VDAO and if elected what are you looking most in Term3?

A2 - As a new validator I had some struggles with setting up the new node and documentation, I would like to contribute more into this point to make it easer for new validators to participate and setup their node. I want add more automatization and monitoring to make the job of new and existing validator easier. Improvement in documentation as well as helping new validators and delegators.

Q3 - What does the VDAO means to you and why participation is important to you ?

A3 - VDAO to me is like a central point for go to for validators, they are the representatives of us validators and a central point to find help with various issues related to protocol or the systems. It is important to me that everyone participates and everyone gives their opinion as I see it a crucial part to keep and respect the three mandates.

Thank you for your support and happy new year!!

9 Likes

Awesome to have you! All the best for us! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Great to see your candidacy… Good luck in the election!

2 Likes

Good Luck Bro! You can DO IT! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you guys for your support, but I am not sure if it will be considered, since i have summited it at Jan 6, 9:01 AM, so 1 minute after the deadline I think.

I requested confirmation if it will be considered, if yes, I will modify this post a little bit with more information and better formatting.

2 Likes

Guys looks like I made it in time.

2 Likes

Awesome, hope we get you elected as a validator in the next epoch or two also so my ONE can start earning rewards. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks Kenny, the main delegations of Harmoforce should start on epoch 826/827, from there I have a better chance at getting elected.

2 Likes

Think we don’t need to discuss about 60 seconds :wink: but you have written your application in the wrong direction :sweat_smile:
Wish you good luck for the election :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Nice to see you apply mate! Good luck buddy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Glad to see you apply!

Best wishes on the election.

2 Likes