Validator DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: PeaceLoveHarmony.ONE

Hello everyone !

My name is Rob ( PeaceLoveHarmony.ONE ) and I decided to nominate myself a 2nd time for Validator DAO. I’m a elected validator that has been in the community since Feb. 2021. Ever since I joined the community, I have taken a passion in helping out new users. I really enjoy being part of the community and want to contribute more.

VDAO Mandates

1. Decentralization
    Helping to reach 1,000 diverse validators is the long term goal. Diverse means having validators from across the globe, also making sure cloud servers are spread out with the different host and locations. This increases security of the network and helps onboard more users. We’re still working on our goal to reach 200 validators at the moment. We’ll be happy to get past that and keep moving forward with the momentum.
  2. Security
    Support high staking rates by encouraging delegates to delegate to community validators. Promote security practices to validators, make sure everyone keeps their nodes secure, updated and shards in sync. Delegators should be encouraged to delegate to a few different validators per harmony’s recommendations to protect against slashing. They also need to be aware of secure staking methods and protecting seed phrases.
  3. Participation
    Finally, it’s our job to facilitate/write proposals. To encourage discussion and participation in governance. The more participation we get the easier it is to think 10 steps ahead from collective thoughts from different perspectives to cover all the bases, also to get something passed.

If elected
First thing is first! We need to get HIP-21 passed so we can get the Bootstrap Program passed!

I want to continue doing the Elected Validator Series videos and Spotlight videos. YouTube presence is beneficial to reaching more people. I also believe that new validators can learn a lot from other validators experiences. The Master Classes are another big initiative that I see being very beneficial to gaining more validators and increasing security.

I would add diversity to the DAO because I’m not a computer programmer, I’ve learned how to manage my node from reading and instruction from the help of fellow validators. I’ve been staking ONE for quite some time and have watched validators go from not-elected to some of the most successful validators. I feel like I have a good understanding of what it takes. When you’re new, it’s easy to look at the big validators and get discouraged but when you go behind the scenes you find that most of them are very helpful and want to help you succeed. Success comes from hard work and dedication. You really have to put yourself out there to help and educate people, don’t just expect people to delegate to you because of your name or numbers. There is a lot of helpful spotlights and advantages for the new validators like 0% commission for 100 epochs. If you’re not out there making relationships with your delegators, you’re more likely to lose them when you go to 5%.

I understand the value of starting out on testnet. There is so many moving pieces to keep up with to understand that I’ve seen people with a lot of computer knowledge struggle if they don’t stay informed on updates and what’s happening. It’s important to stay informed from all channels, which requires a lot of time and effort that a lot of new validators aren’t aware of. I want to help promote security and make it easier for someone to become a validator. I believe it’s important to teach new validators on how to understand the harmony network so they can answer potential questions that they would get from new delegates.

I’ve always been easy to get along with and easy going. I work well in a team to add my strengths and listen to ideas to collaborate on solutions. I’ve always been available to help anyone out in any way I can and will continue to do so. I may not know all of the answers, but I know where to find most of them.

I believe I’d be good at getting more participation from my social media presence. I’m the Admin of a Facebook group with over 15K harmonauts from over 100 countries. Facebook automatically translates posts and comments so it’s easier to get a wider reach. As a governor you don’t have power but you represent harmony and are considered an ambassador. As my group grew, I realized that I became an ambassador as members pointed it out to me. I know the importance of always being respectful, truthful, and sincere.

What does DAO’s mean to me, and why is participating in governance of the validator community important to me
DAO’s are decentralized autonomous organizations. It allows the community/holders to shape the future of the organization instead of a CEO. Smart contracts allow harmony to be trustless, self-sustainable and autonomous. It’s the DAO’s duty to serve the community.
Participating in the VDAO is important to me because I’m a community member and an elected validator. Harmony Protocol is my passion. I enjoy communicating with people and helping in any way that I can. I really love the community a lot.

Please reach out if you have any questions

Website- Harmony (peaceloveharmony.one)

Facebook Group- Harmony One Crypto

Facebook Page- [Peaceloveharmony.one | Facebook]
(Peaceloveharmony.one)

Telegram Chat- Telegram: Join Group Chat

Twitter- @PeaceLoveONE1

Discord- OR1ON :milky_way:

Thank you for reading and considering voting for me. I wish the best of luck to all candidates!

5 Likes

Now we’re talking! Good to see your candidacy.

1 Like

Thanks for your application Rob! Great to see your hardworking bearing fruits. I hope that you can be onboard again, your experience will be more than welcome!

2 Likes

Glad you’re running again my friend, I loved working with you! Hope to see you there in term4!

1 Like

So happy to see your candidacy my friend!

Lets get it done.

1 Like

Gonernor no more! :rofl: Good luck Rob!

1 Like

Thank you everyone, much appreciated!