VietStaking [VN/EN/FR] - new validator since epoch 757 self intro

Validator Name

VietStaking [VN/EN/FR]

Staking Profile

https://staking.harmony.one/validators/mainnet/one13kyypuaczvz7jdl64lht99m0xfqekxd3fcu2pm

Commission %

0% currently, will be incremented 1% for every 5 million extra stake, capped at 5% maximum

Infrastructure Setup

As of now our validator node is hosted on a single dedicated server in Singapore, with a Service Level Aggrement of 99.95% from OVH, specifications: Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/ 12 t - 3.3GHz / 4.5GHz, 32 GB DDR4, 2 x 512 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID, bandwidth 1Gbps. We track important metrics like signing-percent, sync progress & send notifications using Telegram bots should anything go wrong. As our total staked grows in the future, we will add an extra backup server to guarantee availability & extra BLS keys to bid for extra seats.

About Us

At the moment the team consist of Pham Ho Bao An (PHBA, myself), my full profile can be found at www.linkedin.com/in/bao-an-pham-ho-b04814a3 , in short I am an electronics engineer who self-taught basic web development, SysAdmin skills, had experiences in running blockchain nodes before (I have acquired 3 AWS Associate Certificates: Solution Architect, Developer & SysOp Admin, which you can verify on my LinkedIn profile).

I was looking for a project that tried to solve the scaling issue of Ethereum & focus on interoperability between blockchains, & after doing some research on Harmony, I decided to become a validator. Later on, I found out & impressed by how low tx fee & how fast finality are, which is essential for adoption, the incoming Bitcoin bridge, which will tap into the massive liquidity on BTC.

Our validator only start running recently since epoch 757 (Nov 7th 2021), we were only elected once so far but we already started helping those who have questions about setting up validators nodes on testnet, we also already participated in governance by casting our votes on HIP-14 & HIP-15, we promise to actively participate in governance & cast votes in place of our delegators in a responsible manner. Based in Viet Nam, one of the leading countries in terms of cryptos adoption, the Harmony community in Viet Nam is still quite small compared to other projects, we see this as an opportunity to rise Harmony awareness in our country & grow Harmony community. (ofc we also welcome English/French speaking people).

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I/We have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking