Black Girl Magik DAO

Name of Project

Black Girl Magik DAO

Proposal overview

Growing up, I longed for community, sisterhood and healing. Between the ages of ten and eighteen I attended nine different schools. The consistent themes I experienced were loneliness, lack of identity, and longing for community care. I started Black Girl Magik as I became increasingly aware of the unmet needs of Black women.

Inspired by my experience, I began to build a community centered around healing and sisterhood. In 2015, Black Girl Magik was created and that longing was fulfilled. Black Girl Magik is a wellness brand connecting Black women to their roots through education, wellness, and spirituality. This sisterhood cultivated from early tours, conferences, and virtual gatherings strengthened vulnerability, healing and lasting friendships. Partnerships, collaborations, and support systems have been built for creatives across the African diaspora from our meetups and events.

Black Girl Magik’s Sanctuary School membership platform creates moments of connection through courses on mental health, holistic health, ancestral traditions, and energy work. Our platform is a virtual community of Black women reclaiming interest in their wellbeing. It is through our integration of educational, wellness, and healing that 10,000+ Black women have gathered together over six years for a nationwide tour, twenty-plus speaking engagements, and virtual events. Our work has been celebrated by Oprah Winfrey Network, Teen Vogue, Refinery29, NBC News and Vice.

BGM DAO

Black Girl Magik is building a future where wellness and technology merge. The metaverse is a leading trend in the Global Wellness Trends Report:The Future of Wellness 2022 including sectors of Traditional & Complementary Medicine, ​Public Health, Prevention & Personalized Medicine, and Mental wellness is set to innovate in WEB3.

Black Girl Magik is a crypto supported wellness community. A place where change-makers and wellness enthusiasts in culture gather with purpose. BGM is beyond a social network, it is a birthplace for change. This is a lineage centered on the values of education, empowerment, ancestral tradition and healing.

While attending EthDenver 2022 I met a Harmony Team member who approved my proposal for phase 1 of building and establishing BGM DAO. BGM DAO will bring a voice and advocacy for wellness in Tech as we create action through wellness activations, services, and talks around wellness.

Proposal ask

Metrics for success

March

• Establishing Advisors
  • Launching NFT (Social Token) Crowdfund on to provide 25 full year scholarships to Black women at Sanctuary School via Mirror.xyz

April

• Sanctuary School Launch Celebration event which would be promoting culture and WEb3 by providing a social token to all in attendance (Social token used for physical and digital events up into lead of DAO launch)

May

• Presale and Marketing for School Semester Signup
  • Sanctuary School Launch

External links

Teen Vogue Article: Santucary School
Oprah Winfrey Network Article: Shydeia Caldwell
Girl Boss: BGM Nationwide Tour 2019

8 Likes

Love the proposal! Thank you the work you do!

2 Likes

This is an amazing proposal . Excited to see this come to fruition!

1 Like

Congratulations !! Incredible work

1 Like

Great Cause! Love what you are doing!

1 Like

Thank you so much Robin, I really appreciate it!

Thank you Jamee, I appreciate your support!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your sentiments.

Thanks so much Daze! I really appreciate your support!

the work you are doing is so needed in the world, thank you :pray:t4: excited to see this come into fruition :star:

1 Like

Thank you so much Lei, I appreciate your support!

1 Like

Hello, @Shydeia! And thank you so much for bringing this to Harmony. I would love to know who you met in EthDenver to get more context from them!

Also, our guidelines regarding the minimal considerations and amounts for DAO grants are explained in the DAO Funding Guidelines. Please refer to those when submitting a Grant request.

Please note that we are currently revising the Harmony DAO Bootstrap program. We believe that a “Minimally Viable DAO” is one that has accomplished, at least, the following three items:

1. Established a multisig wall with a 5 out of 9 signature requirement.
  2. Held an election for those 9 signatories that includes at least 12 candidates and over 100 voters.
  3. Has issued an “Membership Token” of some sort (a DAO NFT, for example)

When preparing your revised submission, please take these guidelines into account.

Let me know if you have any questions! :blue_heart:

Following up with this @Shydeia

Who was it you spoke with in Denver?

3 Likes

This was a project X funding by @Boris_Polania , not a DAO grant request.

Boris, can you please approve and authorize funding?

3 Likes

Hi! It was Boris, thanks for following up.

2 Likes

Ah okay, thanks so much for clarifying. I was told I could put it in this category by Boris. So should I move it?

2 Likes

Wallet Address: blackgirlmagik.eth

2 Likes

As a part of Harmony X I approve this proposal

funded: 0xff6642baadc1a5af22f9b7db0ccf4441b22eb4098cc269f3081b7ce1d4521341

1 Like

Great job as always @Boris_Polania , I’m proud and honoured to be an investor of an L1 that is involved with such amazing and useful products

1 Like