Community DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: Al Pal Crypto Gal aka Alyson

Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor? This amount of time is not a requirement, but an inability to commit time by some members has been an obstacle for the current DAO council in progressing objectives.

I don’t see any issues with committing to 10 hours a week! I work 40 hours a week at my job but have a lot of downtime and I’m a total night owl.

What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

I do not pretend to be the most skilled or knowledgeable about blockchain technology. I’m always learning though and okay with trying and making mistakes. I know people though and communication skills. I like engaging with people that are excited about things that I enjoy as well. My job as a psychotherapist is all about listening and learning before reacting. I never assume as a therapist that I know best or have all of the answers, I would treat my role as a governor the same way.

How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

Time flies when you are having fun! I purchased my first ONE tokens approximately a year ago in April 2021 and started staking them and haven’t stopped! I believe in the project long-term and feel like things are just getting started. The expansion and growth in the last year has been incredible to see and be a part of in the community. I enjoy so many people in the community and everything I have learned over the last year has been because of the kind and helpful people in the Harmony community. I would love to engage with more people and meet people I haven’t yet connected with! I participate as much as I can in the community and I would like to take a step to see more about the DAO process and how the community can become more engaged, energized and grow even more.

What time zone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

I live in Central Standard Time/CST.

10 Likes

Love to see you go on CDAO candidacy Q2! Your dedication will be Great for the Harmony $ONE community members :blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I support this candidacy. What Al pal stands for is much needed in our community and she will be a true asset to the council.

Best of luck Al pal

2 Likes

Yesssss! I fully support you and have been waiting to see this nomination package! You will make an excellent governor! LETS GO!

1 Like

Of course you have my support. There is no doubt in my mind you are a person of integrity and would be a great addition to the DAO. The community would be lucky to have your service.

2 Likes

Let’s go Alyson! Would love to see you elected.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! :blush:

Thanks! I wish you the best as well! :blush:

Thanks for your encouragement and leadership in the community! :slightly_smiling_face:

YAY! I got Kentucky Kyle’s support :partying_face:! Best of luck to you too :grinning:

Thanks Jim! You have been kind to me since literally my first day here and you continue to answer my silly questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Let’s go! I support you!

2 Likes

Woo hoo! Thanks buddy! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

@Alpal2202 has my full support!
For many reasons she is a great person to serve the needs of the community DAO.
From a point of needing more human focused leadership from the DAO Governors and looking at how the Harmony Ecosystem can grow to serve the needs of the people in the Harmony Ecosystem and not merely attempting to bring everything into a smart contract!

I would definitely like to see @Alpal2202 push into some more technical training to make sure they’re up to speed on what all is technically possible but their approach of being a student of the subject is ideal.
Ultimately the largest group of new users to Crypto/blockchain are one’s which are coming at from a non-technical perspective and her insights can be extremely helpful to make sure we’re growing the community as best we can!

Good luck Alyson!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I honestly couldn’t pronounce Etherium a year ago and thought crypto was just different Bitcoins haha :rofl:.

I’ve come a long way but still have so much to learn! I try and absorb information as much as I can. If you have specific resources for me to dig into, let me know!

1 Like

Totally support this. LFG :tada:

1 Like

You have my support!

1 Like

Thank you much!! :blush::star_struck::slightly_smiling_face:

You’re awesome! Thank you! :grinning::partying_face::sunglasses:

Fully supportive. You will make a great governor :clap: