Community DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: Benjamin Stakeridoo

Hej hej Harmony Family I’m Benjamin from Stakeridoo and with this post I announce my candidacy for a position on the Community DAO Council of Governors for the Q2 2022 term.

I am currently proudly serving as a governor on the council and have enjoyed it so far and hopefully I can continue.

1. Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor? This amount of time is not a requirement, but an inability to commit time by some members has been an obstacle for the current DAO council in progressing objectives.

I can definitely find 10 hours per week. So far, I have also been able to spend a lot of time, even if not all of it has been written down.

2. What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

I am a very creative person and have gained various experiences in my life. Be it project management, accounting, writing contracts, social media management, audio editing, image editing, organising events, sponsor acquisition, and more recently Web3

3. How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

I have been around for a year now and started as a validator directly at that time.

Why? A good question you have to decide, but let’s talk about the things I had implemented so far:

• Creating the accounting and payout system
  • Contribute to the DAO Charter
  • Partial automation of social media
  • Created basic structures like folders & documents like meeting agenda, feedback & contributor form, set up social media (Discord, Telegram, Reddit)
  • Exploring DAO tools like Aragon, Cordinape, the new Snapshot.

And which ones I would like to implement next term:

• Finalising a community landing page
  • more automation of social media and get moderators on board
  • Open up the DAO through tooling and thus reward supporter & contributor for their involvement and commitment.

4. What timezone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

Central European Time CET

Twitter: https://twitter.com/stakeridoo
Telegram: Telegram: Contact @ben2k_Stakeridoo
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Stakeridoo
Medium: stakeridoo – Medium
Discord: ben2k_Stakeridoo#9671

6 Likes

Ben has been so integral to the CDAO and is a truly great mind and good person. I consider him a friend even if he has to tell me ‘I told you so’ quite often. :joy: But seriously, he has my utmost respect and I absolutely support his candidacy.

2 Likes

I had chance and I was lucky to meet Benjamin through his passion, involvement and well doing on his representation and duties as a member of DAOs and he was kind enough to educate and gift me about the system and it’s functions with patience, care and respect. Because of these reason among many others, like his long list of abilities and skills I am only glad of having the chance to display my full support for his candidacy

1 Like

I’ve served a term with Benjamin and cannot stress the value he brings to a DAO, or any group/collaboration for that matter.

He is organised. He has passion to spend his own time exploring new tools. He is patient to teach people and guide them. He is not afraid to lead by example.

To hear that he will not be running for VDAO anymore but will be focusing his efforts on CDAO, I can only feel that it’s bittersweet. It’s a loss to the validator community but I’m glad he’s still running as a governor for a DAO within the Harmony ecosystem.

I won’t ramble on, because I can go on and on about how great this guy is.

All you need to know is that his heart is in the right place, and he wants the best for all of us.

I have the pleasure of serving with Ben on the VDAO. He’s a highly valued governor that puts in a lot of effort. He’s a great asset to the community and to any DAO. :blue_heart:

I support Stakeridoo’s candidacy for CDAO.

JOSE