Community DAO Council Q3 2022 Candidate: sick_of_this!

Well hello there! With this post I am announcing my candidacy as a governor for the Community DAO’s upcoming term.

I am sure you have some questions. Some of you might be pleasantly surprised and others, not very pleasantly so (:joy:). To everyone regardless, I’d recommend reading on!

First to knock the basic questions out-
1. Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor? This amount of time is not a requirement, but an inability to commit time by some members has been an obstacle for the current DAO council in progressing objectives.

I have been spending way over 10hrs/week in the community trying to make a positive impact for over a month for free. Will happily put in 30hrs+/week without asking for anything extra.

2. What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

I consider myself a very strongly logic-driven person. I am also a Data Analyst and worked on creating a comprehensive Sentiment Report for highlighting the Community’s voice- A Harmony Community Sentiment Report- May’22

I have also spent 12hrs+ attending Meetings, Working Sessions, AMAs with the CDAO to familiarize myself with its workings, helped create the CDAO Onboarding Documentation and put forth several suggestions that are now action items.

3. How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

Been around for about 1 year but really been very actively involved just these past 2 months or so.

Why do I want to run for a position?

Because goddammit I frickin like this community and I want to do something constructive to make sure we come out on the other side of the storm together and stronger.

4. What timezone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

Indian Standard Time (IST / UTC +5:30hrs). Been attending the CDAO Townhalls from 12:30am - 3am my time so don’t worry I can handle some odd timings lol

Now for some points that I personally consider important adddressing-
I have demonstrated a pretty negative outlook on DAOs in the past, so why join one?
Because if there’s one thing I truly believe in- it’s the community of Harmony. Right now the CDAO is in a prime spot to position itself as an important hub for the Community to come discuss, contribute meaningfully and help the cause of the community itself.

What do I plan to do in this DAO exactly?

• Make sure we actually reach out to the community. I feel the Harmony community at large currently isn’t even aware what the CDAO does so this is a major area of opportunity
  • Help the community contribute in a meaningful way and get paid for it via bounties, etc on DeWork
  • Operationalize and improve the efficiency of work done
  • Use my professional skills to up the ante in terms of our deliverables

I have straight up been in awe at the work some people do here and I believe the CDAO can support them and help them have a tangible impact.

Now, everything’s not sunshine and roses of course. What’s the catch?

• Well, the CDAO fails at (like some other Core DAOs too) self-sustenance. There are several upcoming measures which I feel will help with this but I don’t see it becoming completely self sustained very soon.
    That said I think CDAO should be seen, for the time being, less as a full fledged DAO and more as an extension of Harmony Core Operations because of how essential a role it can play.
  • Following up from above, I think the work efficiency needs a serious boost. There are governors who never show up to meetings and some who just disappear for long periods of time with no communication and screw up operations. If the DAO deserves to be funded, it also needs to hold itself to very high standards including holding sitting governors accountable.
  • The DAO currently feels like a tiny sub-section of the community and really needs to expand to truly capture the Community’s pulse.

So, if you are reading this and care for the community, would highly recommend joining the CDAO and contributing. If you feel you are the right person, even apply for candidacy! The community together can bring about wonderful change and I genuinely believe that.

Oh and I just remembered this is my candidacy post and not an opinion post so I guess show some support lol
P.S- I will continue calling people out, be it outside the DAO or inside, whether I get elected on not.

9 Likes

I see I bugged you enough lol you got my support friend!!

3 Likes

Haha indeed. I have been influenced :joy:

Jokes aside thanks for the support!

1 Like

I’m so happy to see your candidacy! You have my support :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Rob! Been a pleasure learning the ins and outs of the DAO with y’all so far!

Excited to see this, you have my support for sure :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks James! Looking forward to work with you regardless of whether I’m elected or not

Glad to hear you’re running. Thank you for your service :pray:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the support @BobDonut ! Would be difficult for me to try my best if I didn’t know there were like-minded people like you who also want the best for the community around!

I just wanted to add my support to this application. Here is someone with honor and integrity, who is not scared to say what needs to be said, and will robustly defend their decision making process. Harmony will be all the better for having this person involved!

1 Like

I strongly support @sick_of_this on this adventure. Sure, he didn’t party with Stephen and got 60k to save dogs in Ecuador or met @Boris_Polania and bought a MacBook Pro with 10k of grant for a non-existing DAO, but he’s a great guy and made an amazing community sentiment report.

All the best!

5 Likes

I absolutely support this candidate! @sick_of_this is already doing a TON of work for the community and it only makes sense.

1 Like

Thanks @RufasBotsmel ! You are awesome and building a product with a lot of passion. Following Speedstar for a while now and love seeing it develop!

Thanks @Point7C !

And yes those are certainly 2 (of many) things that you’ll probably not find me doing anytime ever :laughing:

Thanks @ILL_DIE_TRYING ! Gonna continue doing all i can like always!

This wins Best comment hands down!!

1 Like

Harmony is lucky to have you mate! Passion is what a lot of this is about! Keep up the great work :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks @M87 ! Just doing my best

full support on this one @sick_of_this is a great contributor to the ecosystem :blue_heart:

1 Like

Shots fired :joy: On a serious note, I really don’t know a lot about you YET, but the few times that I’ve been in a work session or AMA I could tell that you would be a very valuable asset. I think you and @ben2k_Stakeridoo will work very well together. Glad to see you step up :clap:t2: You have my support!

1 Like