Community DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: Christian Press, (aka the xLabGuyx Validator Node Operator)

1. Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor?

As a validator node operator, I easily spend greater than 10 hours per week interacting with the Harmony Protocol community via social media. The ability to connect with the community and impact them in positive ways is the only way you can successfully reach and maintain an elected status.

I also believe that achieving and keeping elected status within a few months of starting my node is a strong indicator that I continuously put a great effort into facilitating positive relationships to receive delegations.

2. What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

Anonymity is not compatible with my career path. So I have taken the liberty to create a Linktree that reveals my identity. You can see the recently popular crowdfunding video that has inspired me to give back so much to the Harmony ecosystem.

As for my education, my medical license can be verified via my LinkedIn profile. I put the link to verify my license in its respective location on my LinkedIn profile. Since the internet is full of strangers, I strive to be transparent to foster genuine relationships with the people I talk to in our community, it’s great!

Thanks to my effort so far to gain your trust we know that at the bare minimum I hold a Bachelor’s degree (baccalaureate) with specific course requirements outlined here:

I’ve also been working on my business foundation this past year. I began my Master’s in Business Administration at California State University, Channel Islands. Two days ago, I applied for my business license, bought a domain, designed it for desktop and mobile. I am so excited to be an entrepreneur and put to use the skills I have been sharpening over my many years of academics. Here’s my website!

consultations.one

Pretty cool, huh? It’s just a bare-bones site for now until my license comes through.

I don’t code, but I understand medicine, finance, risk, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting, my interpersonal communication is great, I mean I’m also a licensed medical scientist here in California. Not sure if I need to finish my business degree, I’ve learned so much and with my recent medical issues I think I can take off from here and never touch the ground again!

Just peek at my linktree and you’ll be able to verify me, I want you all to trust that I have your best interest in mind so I am not hiding anything.

Please don’t take this as bragging or anything. I’m just very thorough. I always try to do things right the first time, every time.

I’m shooting for transparency when it comes to my presence in the ecosystem because I want Harmony to absolutely explode. And I want you to be educated on the type of skills I have so you all can benefit from me being around if you need anything from me.

3. How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

I have been in the Harmony Community since February 2021. I started out on Reddit.
I am inspired to run for a position on the council because you guys changed my life! Check out the Economic Impact Report on my linktree. I made it as a thank you and you can edit it as the price of Harmony goes back up so you can see the impact if you donated to me. All the data on that sheet is verifiable from the Harmony Explorer and its only from the first 5 days after SMH tweeted about my unfortunate medical condition. Seriously, thank you guys!

I also genuinely enjoy giving back to the Harmony Community because investing in Harmony has added so much freedom to my life, I really want to just give back. It’s a passion project for me. I am so very grateful for my new freedom given by the Harmony Protocol DeFi projects, I want to help others to be free also! It’s the coolest feeling when you DYOR and find amazing projects like Tranquil Finance, DFK, Cosmic Guild, Tin, Loot, Viper…too many to list!

4. What timezone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

I live near Los Angeles, CA. PST

4 Likes

Great write up! I support your candidacy for sure!

1 Like

Thank you for running. I support this candidate.

Jose

1 Like

I think Christian would be a valuable addition to the Community DAO, and I support his candidacy.

1 Like

Fully support your candidacy :blue_heart: Thanks for running!

1 Like

Absolutely support you in this endeavor!

1 Like

AMA QUESTIONS
1. How long have you been in Harmony and why do you want to be on the CDAO?

I have been involved in Harmony Protocol since February 2021. I have devoted much time to understanding the steep learning curve of understanding the fundamentals of blockchain technology, cryptography, and digital finance. Over this past year, I now understand the true potential of Harmony Protocol.

Because of the Harmony Ecosystem’s technology, DeFi, Dapps, and community, I have been shielded from the full impact of recent hardships in my life. I want to give back to the ecosystem so that other people might also experience something similar.

I cannot sit by and keep Harmony Protocol to myself. I want us all to grow with the ecosystem and see/experience a brighter future for all of us! I chose CDAO after explaining what I wanted to a few people involved in other DAOs. They recommended my impact would be best if I applied for a CDAO role. So here I am :slight_smile:

2. What skills abilities do you have that you benefit the DAO?

I’m excited to get more involved in the ecosystem, and the recent crowdfund campaign set in motion by SMH really inspired me to get things rolling. I got so dang fired up, and am taking advantage of the momentum!

I asked around for opinions where the maximum benefit would be for me and Harmony Protocol’s ecosystem and was guided here.

I don’t code, but I understand finance, and risk, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting, interpersonal communication is great, I mean I’m also a licensed medical scientist here in California.

Take a look at my link tree on my twitter profile and you’ll be able to verify my medical license using the CDPH links I’ve provided in my LinkedIn profile’s license section. I’m not trying to brag or anything to you, I’m just shooting for transparency when it comes to my presence in the ecosystem. And I want you to be educated on the type skills I have so you can best guide me.

Do you think there is more benefit if I just focus on promoting my validator privately because I don’t code? I can learn all the jargon, but I will never be a coder. I’ve already decided what my strong skills are and have been sharpening those
Please know that I truly solid appreciation for the immense skill and knowledge required of web3 developers, cryptography experts, and tokenomics designers

I’ve put my foot down at not learning to code beyond the scope of operating a node, it’s not for me because I’m focusing on other skills to help my own family and the family businesses thrive.

I feel happy with simply giving back to Harmony on a part-time basis, for the rest of my life. You guys have earned that spot in my heart after what you did a few weeks ago. And others need to know how we are all in this together to make a better future for all

Helping consult and market the family business is my other part time job for now while I recover from therapy. Working for Harmony isn’t about money for me, its about passion. I make plenty of money at my day job and with DeFi/Staking. I set up the charity drive to stake with small validators and as my medical bills pile up, the staking rewards will go to them. I’m constantly paying hundreds every month, really thank you all. I was very broke and heavily medicated that charity drive saved my butt.

Okay this long spiel is almost over!

I love harmony and can give it 5-10 hours per week because what I do with my brothers business is very minimal for now, (like also 10 hours per week)

So please lmk what you think is a smart choice for all of us on my next steps! I appreciate you reading this and value your opinion because you guys are so active in influencing the community that has literally shielded me from the greatest hardship I have faced to date!

3. Which of the 3 mandates do you like the best and why?

Growth, Engagement, and Diversity.

All important, but for me #ONE stands high above the others: Growth

It’s not about growth in the sense of Harmony’s asset price in USD. It’s about the growth of the users, missions, culture, and all of us who are in this journey together. And all of us who have yet to join the movement. Like I’ve said before, me being involved in this ecosystem and community has literally set me up with financial security in multiple ways that I never thought were possible.

Aside from financial security, I have adopted a completely new view of how I understand the benefit of erasing the ideas of blockchain being some multi-chain race to be the best and first to get publicity. There is simply no sense in thinking of it as a competition. Paraphrasing Stse, ‘There is no point in thinking that only one chain is going to make it. There is plenty of room for us all in this journey, so let’s grow together!’

Blockchain technology is changing the world around us and it is a movement that has positively impacted my life, so yes, growth is in my humble experience, the most important mandate.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk everyone!

Let me know if you have any other questions or just say hi!

p.s. sorry for all the edits. I catered this response using pieces of the many conversations i’ve had with all of you which is why there’s so much good stuff to read.

:slight_smile:

1 Like