Harmural is a 1000x1000 pixels decentralised board on Harmony that act as a medium for anyone to:
- Draw pixels to create and share their own art.
- Upload any image to share.
- Own parts of the board as pixels, in which, when others try to draw or place an image that overlaps those pixels, the owner directly before is paid the initial pixel price + a ~18% increase.
With the surge of projects and NFTs in the Harmony blockchain, our aim is to set up a ‘museum’ where anyone can submit a piece of their own art they own; be it the logo of a popular token, memes, fanart, NFTs, etc. In an ultimate showcase of different projects, Harmural can also act as an introductory hub to the plethora of branches creators have taken.
Harmural has been live for a little more than 3 weeks now (launched on 03/09/2021) and already has more than 10% (100k of 1mil) of pixels already been painted. The current team consists of two people; Tailchakra and I. Part of the grant is to ensure that there are enough funds for both of us to work on the project long-term as after the initial 1 million pixels have been painted, the subsequent flow of ONE will be between pixel owners.
Breakdown of how part of the grant will be spent:
- Tailchakra; the lead developer is working on revamping the frontend of the website, allowing for a more user-friendly experience whilst also upgrading the current image upload system to allow for a much smoother and efficient process.
- I on the other hand, have and will continue to work with other distinguished communities within the Harmony ecosystem to spread Harmural’s name further such as through crypto youtubers, influencers and the like. Currently works with Freyala and DefiKingdoms have been achieved.
- Maintaining server and expanding team members.
- 10% pixels painted (achieved 22/09/2021)
- 50% pixels painted
- 100% pixels painted
- Steady influx of new faces and new owners of pixels.
- Steady competition between owners for the right of pixels.
- Implementation of new frontend design.
- Implementation of URL incorporation into images.
- Implementation of GIFs.