Grants: Harmural

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Harmural

Application type

Grant

Proposal overview

Harmural is a 1000x1000 pixels decentralised board on Harmony that act as a medium for anyone to:

• Draw pixels to create and share their own art.
  • Upload any image to share.
  • Own parts of the board as pixels, in which, when others try to draw or place an image that overlaps those pixels, the owner directly before is paid the initial pixel price + a ~18% increase.
    With the surge of projects and NFTs in the Harmony blockchain, our aim is to set up a ‘museum’ where anyone can submit a piece of their own art they own; be it the logo of a popular token, memes, fanart, NFTs, etc. In an ultimate showcase of different projects, Harmural can also act as an introductory hub to the plethora of branches creators have taken.

Harmural has been live for a little more than 3 weeks now (launched on 03/09/2021) and already has more than 10% (100k of 1mil) of pixels already been painted. The current team consists of two people; Tailchakra and I. Part of the grant is to ensure that there are enough funds for both of us to work on the project long-term as after the initial 1 million pixels have been painted, the subsequent flow of ONE will be between pixel owners.

Breakdown of how part of the grant will be spent:

• Tailchakra; the lead developer is working on revamping the frontend of the website, allowing for a more user-friendly experience whilst also upgrading the current image upload system to allow for a much smoother and efficient process.
  • I on the other hand, have and will continue to work with other distinguished communities within the Harmony ecosystem to spread Harmural’s name further such as through crypto youtubers, influencers and the like. Currently works with Freyala and DefiKingdoms have been achieved.
  • Maintaining server and expanding team members.

Proposal ask

$50K

Metrics for success

• 10% pixels painted (achieved 22/09/2021)
  • 50% pixels painted
  • 100% pixels painted
  • Steady influx of new faces and new owners of pixels.
  • Steady competition between owners for the right of pixels.
  • Implementation of new frontend design.
  • Implementation of URL incorporation into images.
  • Implementation of GIFs.

External links

https://www.harmural.one/

3 Likes

This is awesome. Harmural is great for community fun, collaboration and even a little chaos.

I love both Prozex and Tail. I can personally advocate for them as hardworking individuals that’ll get the job done.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal. We are approving this under the $50k “Launches” track. Congrats!

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

• $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet,
  • $10K after mainnet launch,
  • $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and
  • $20K for after 10K users.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Prozex Checkout the expanded details on Harmony Grants and Investments (Paused)

For projects already live on Harmony Mainnet, Harmony’s Launch Grant can boost tractions with $50K retroactive funding: $10K forming a DAO like above, then four additional $10K grants each to double the key user metrics

Looking forward to hearing more about the DAO setup

We recommend a 5-out-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO

@Prozex can you post the links for testnet and mainnet launch milestones publicly here. and then we’ll fund those milestones.

@lij Apologies for the delay, for some reason any email notification of the forums under the harmony1@discoursemail.com email head straight to my spam folder.

Source for testnet:

API for testnet:
http://165.22.199.153:8081/dataURL.txt

Deployed contract for testnet:
0xd70169cCE562Cd53F557D2332B923EC7faE7C63A

Mainnet:
https://www.harmural.one/

Testing in progress.

Open doors to anyone as well who’d like to test and take a peak:
https://long-forest-1228.on.fleek.co/

Remember to be on Metamask connected to Harmony Testnet!

Hi there
I’ve colored two pixels in mainnet but I can’t see it and I can’t see message confirming that it has been done. Althoug the transactions in mainnet has been gon through.

Can you give us more info about the steps in the project and about the above issue, please?

Thanks

" This site can’t be reached" took money and ran?