Harmony Education DAO

Ok I’m editing my post to appease the offended. Either that or people can’t handle a different view or opinion. Supressing opposition to an issue isn’t a good look, this isn’t a true talk forum if that’s the case. Its just an echo chamber at that point.

This proposal has all the appearance of a cash grab. Instead of milking Harmony for more money, this can be wrapped up into the existing daos that are relative to the issue. The one community is tired of cash grab daos. Most of the comments on here are first time posters; when that’s the case its usually accounts created to hype a post. Sentiment cannot be measured by a bunch of new accounts - anyone can make as many accounts as they want. If any of the accounts are actually new people then I suggest they read the dao funding proposals for the herdao and blu3dao. It will be quickly evident that this exclusive type dao has already been funded by harmony at least twice. Enough is enough.

If you think the community is happy about the dao funding of social stuff then i suggest people go look at Reddit. Web3 needs more developers sure. Then create a education path for anyone to jump in. The community can get behind that as long as Harmony benefits. I really hope harmony is paying attention to the overall community thoughts on this dao funding issue, we are tired of social stuff being more important than the tech. Tech brought a vast majority here to Harmony, and now many of us with substantial one investments are really questioning Harmony’s direction, fiscal responsibility and focus.

Other L1s are forging ahead with tech and staying relevant in the space. I and many others fear Harmony has lost its way and is alienating many users by throwing money at issues that do NOT resound with a vast majority of its base. I believe a lot of the community is ready to take their investment elsewhere if Harmony doesn’t refocus on what brought investors to it in the first place. Quick finality, cheap fees, reliable RPCs. If those don’t appear to be Harmony’s focus then it will not survive. Gender, sexual preference, color, political leanings, etc aren’t what a blockchain should focus on because those things don’t keep it alive. Sure they are important to segments of the user base but not important to everyone. TECH IS. There are many watching to see what harmony does next. I hope its the smart thing that all users can rally behind, and not the present path that is dividing the community.

If these social issues are so important to some people they can create a dao w/o funding and see just how passionate others are for their cause. Build your community first with no cash promises. Prove you have enough users who care. Come up with ideas on how you can give back to harmony in ways that are tangible and measured. So far the majority of these social daos just appear to blow funding on sending people to cool locations where they do a lot of partying. Not a good look. Again go read Reddit, especially the dao sentiment post. Now lets see if people can handle a view in opposition or feel the need to supress others.

6 Likes

YES - this is 100% needed. I’m currently doing a web3 accelerator programme and out of 10 projects - I am the only female founder!!! I’m always the least technical in the room, so would love to do some of these bootcamps myself. And I’d love even more - to be able to hire the women coming out of the other bootcamps :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Fantastic initiative! Thank you for all your supportive and innovative ways of helping this world be better, Bridget!

2 Likes

This is so needed! I love this and can’t wait to refer people I know to the bootcamps and programs. As a non-technical person, I think this will help a lot of women feel more comfortable transitioning to web3.

1 Like

Zero to CMO is such an amazing initiative for CMO’s entering into web 3.

Such a strong team. Would like to participate. Good luck to the team!

The best of the best proposal I have seen so far. This is really amazing Bridget. This will onboard a lot of women into tech.

Thank you to everyone so far who has taken the time to give their comments and feedback on our proposal. It’s great to see so many people recognising the value of the education we’re looking to provide in this ecosystem.

For those of you who are upset that it’s a women (and gender minority) program please DYOR into why this is needed. In simple terms women make up 50% of the population but the representation of women in web 3 is significantly lower than this. And sadly the problem isn’t improving.

“From 2018 to 2021, 70% of new crypto hires were men and 30% were women, according to the data. Last year, women’s share dipped to 26.5%. It’s a marked difference from finance industries like banking and investment management, where women have held steady at roughly 43% of net new hires over the same time period.” Inside crypto’s hiring spree: A ‘Wild West’ search for talent with one big problem

3 Books I highly recommend to understand why this is important to rectify:
*Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado-Perez
*The Authority Gap: Why Women are Still Taken Less Seriously Than Men, and what We Can Do about it by Mary Ann Sieghart
*What Works: Gender Equality by Design by Iris Bohnet

We are a team with decades of award-winning experience behind us in building communities and educating in tech. The purpose of our proposal is to address the talent gap and the lack of women in Web 3. We’re thrilled so many new members have joined the Harmony forum as a result of the proposal, we can’t wait to see many more join and be upskilled to build in Web 3 and on Harmony when we receive the funding.

2 Likes

Gyan and the team are doing a tremendous work for educating, supporting women in web3, experienced this first hand being a part of the TPG group.

2 Likes

It’s incredible to see how many new members joined the Harmony forums in the last 24hrs just to comment on this post! Absolutely amazing! /s

For real though, can the team take posts like this down so others don’t try to get these brilliant ideas for cash grabs?

8 Likes

Love this program! Have been a member of The Bigger Pie community since when my blockchain mentor added me there two years ago :slight_smile: A very supportive place to be with a community that is stacked with expert blockchain mentors that can lead the next batch of women into the space.

The niche that I see of this education program is that it is not just for women who are new to the workforce or strictly tech oriented. It focuses on experienced women that can transition strait on into leadership positions like in Zero to CMO :sparkles: or through entrepreneurship :rocket:

1 Like

hey , i usually love your comments , i have been trying to build a kind of business platform where all harmony projects can pass through and get funding from the community. here is the link VC launchPad

your insights will be highly appreciated

2 Likes

I thought we were never supposed to be Male or Females in Web 3.0 instead we all were DEGENS.

2 Likes

Thank you Charlotte, we appreciate your comments and I’m glad you recognise what we’re offering.

You misunderstood. I meant you can join HER DAO and work towards your goals, which are similar, under their banner, especially seeing that their proposal has already been approved rather than asking for whooping 600k for yourself

2 Likes

Red flag, red flag. And obviously, no answer. The team does not feel like addressing this, but if you write a message in support it’s “thank you for seeing what we are trying to do here”.

This thread is filled with comments “great project” by people making their first comment right here. This does feel somehow similar to when I join telegram group for yet another meme coin with template graphics and tokenomics full of bots and paid accounts praising “great project” exactly the same.

2 Likes

Ask them what happens when you identify as a woman, @ben2k_Stakeridoo maybe you still can attend.

We have broken down each boot camp by budget, given clear outcomes and numbers. So very transparent on what we’re delivering for each portion of the fund. We believe the costs to be reasonable.

HER DAO have already allocated their budget. These are additional offerings.

And I believe you’re missing the point if you think we’re asking for the funds for ourselves. It’s for 100’s of women.

2 Likes

Feel free to check our profiles and see the years of work we have already put in.