Harmony German DAO

Hi Bricktop,

I am truly very sorry, it wasn’t my intention to have the comment perceived like that, that was insensitive of me and I am very truly sorry.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I also have German and non-German friends whose families went through the war. My grandmother herself is half-German, and she went through the war and the atrocities. There are no winners in such events, but much suffering and pain. Please know that I was not making a joke with the comment, and it was not made light-hearted, so please do not misunderstand. This is a topic that is also sensitive to me, and I think we should all choose to work together so that we don’t sow seeds discord. Again, I am truly sorry for my comment, I should have thought harder that it would be taken differently than what I intended. So I am very sorry.

At the same time, I come with a lot of good spirit to build something in Harmony, and we excitedly put together a proposal for review and feedback from the community. It was a contribution that I hoped would be useful, and we were happy to take feedback and make changes. This is what I understood to be the spirit of this forum and the open discussion here.

But the feedback we got offline the forum, on Telegram, was actually harsh and unwelcoming. Right after our first post, we got accused offline of being money-grabbers, that we are in it for the money, and also other not so nice stuff. So that was quite disappointing to me.

Personally, I actually just quit my job last week because I realise that I really do want to build something meaningful in the web3.0 space, and that I truly believe in the idea that we should create the world we want to live in. So I decided to go all in. I’ve saved up enough money to cover myself for at least 18 months, so that I can focus on making a contribution in this space. For me, money is not the point. I want to do something meaningful. The last two years with Covid, and seeing family and friends impacted, including some that lost their lives, was one of the reasons why I felt that we don’t have as much time as we thought. So instead of being afraid and playing it safe doing Enterprise blockchain stuff (which i really think is the wrong way to go!), I would take the step and try to build something meaningful in web3.0. So being accused of being money-minded and a money-grabber and just in it for the money was really disappointing thing to hear. At the same time I still wanted to be positive despite this, and I wanted to brainstorm some solutions with you all in good spirit. To be honest, I feel bullied and attacked.

Really we just wanted to contribute something and offer ourselves and our efforts to the community. If this is not something that’s welcomed, then that’s okay, we can retract the proposal. It’s not my intention here to create any drama, only to offer some ideas and contribute to how Harmony can grow in Germany.

Best wishes,
Adi