Harmony London International event

This is Mimm collective in Nottingham

Mimm & OnPoint Presents Maribou State on Vimeo

I have worked with them and hosted 6 events for them at The Workshop (the collective space I set up as an NPO is still active just looking for a new building)

These guys are Traditional digital graffiti and music artists. I had a chat recently and are very keen to know about NFTs and WEB. They can pull 2000 + crowds easily. In our vents at The Workshop, we had to control how many could come in LOL!
If we can create something serious I will invite them. They also know some big music industry names and connections in London.

These are the crowds that we can work with however they usually have a few seconds attention span hence as mentioned above 1wallet and 1-2 dAps must be intuitive and very user friendly.

This event is not to have fun (well the whole achieving great things is fun by default) but to push ourselves, the core team and dApps developers a bit to a specific deadline. Also, create a focus for all the community and a marketing target.
This event will enable Harmony to be ahead of the game and a tent setter the UK and internationally.

The word is out so let’s see what other non-Harmony people think I will keep you informed.

Regards to the LDF event I am not sure if anyone understands how high profile and hi-end this will be. Harmony could be presented to internationally renowned designers and artists at the V&A museum and other conferences. However, the same applies we must have some basic utility so people can be hooked.
People follow what they learn first works and keep them interested. Let’s make Harmony be that otherwise someone else will and it is more difficult to change some once mind once they used an alternative chain or dApp.
Don’t be afraid this thing can happen this September it is not talking n the clouds al just recurred future communications and good planning with some fundamental tech that can be used by crypto caution, crypto sceptics and of course otherWeb3 crowds.

Experienced people and people with cool contacts please come forwards let’s make this happen for Harmony.

I also ask successful and previously funded projects to share some of their profits to bring this to London.
For any day to day chats for convenience only for now please use the UKDAO Telegram channel. For ideas and proposals please use this forum or DM me if you have questions.

Let’s Surprise everyone - Harmony London - Day ONE

1 Like

Hello Harmonauts and Harmony team

On the 30th of June is the Final brief of the London Design Festival to finalise partnerships.

This day also is the last chance to be part in the printed distribution of material and included as a destination location or event in the printed literature and magazines that will be sent out to clients I as a representative of Harmony am invited to attend.

However, this is embarrassing. I should be there with confidence and a marketing event delivery plan.

I don’t know what to say to them. This thread is supposed to be a discussion over the last few months to achieve what is best for Harmony in the UK and beyond.

If the discussion led to a go project fine but there was no dialogue at all. And by dialogue, I mean for all the community to participate not just the Harmony core team.

Anyway, on the 15th of July is the last participation date but with only digital content for marketing.

We of course do not have to be partners with LDF to do an event however they are a great launchpad and will put Harmony in the spotlight faster and easier.

Yes, there is next year but next year is another time. My Grandpa told me never to postpone something for tomorrow that you can do today!

Next year there will be different parameters and I am very sure the barrier to entry will be higher and more expensive

Let me tell you a personal story.

I was there when the LED light just became functional and had some potential utilisation as the tech eventually had caught up. I show massive potential. I created the emergency services flashing lights, and the dentists’ blue light prototypes Also the surgery table lights and car lights concept ideas were on my list next. I also saw the commercial potential that all housed in 10ys will be using LED lights.

I spent 2 years doing odd jobs just to survive so I can try to convince people to partner and fund my prototypes.

All were asking for proof of concept and massive long Business plans of which I didn’t a few. But no answer from anyone (though some nicked my ideas from those plans).

I decided to become a direct salesperson. No one wanted to use LED lights as they were relatively expensive and no one could see how energy efficient are. One even told me if I want to save energy I turn off the switch (LOL and what happens when the switch is on?).

Anyway, nearly lost my house at that point so I decided to diversify to make the money and reinvest in my ideas since there were no competitors and the growth was steady and slow. So, I went into architectural lighting and public regeneration projects.

Don’t get me wrong made good money. However, every time I was making money and tied to reinvest in my concept ideas someone else had thought of it and already secured public funding.

The burier to entry was bigger and bigger to launch and more expensive and even more competitive.

So, I was doing more architectural work to make more money but every time 2ys passed and the LED lighting sector was growing and I could not get in.

Fast forward to now and there is no way without a $5mil and a lot of work investment to set up a company which has 50-50 chances to survive.

Yes, I did make some money and made a design practice but I didn’t make a company with big turnovers and profits I was envisaged.

:blue_heart: :blue_heart:

What I am saying is the barrier to entry will go higher and higher in WEB3 those that establish their names and receive wider adoption will have the best chance of surviving the downturn and achieve exponential growth soon after.

We as Harmony have this opportunity now despite the downturn and the Horizon bridge problem. This is not the time to curl in a ball but time to think and act big in a professional strategic way.

For some reason, the UK DAO project-based proposal was turned down without dialogue (this no dialogue doing my heading).

No dialogue and no action have only one outcome Nothing Happens and no progress.

Anyway, that is another analysis that I will send on another thread.

Solana and AAVE are full-on at the moment. They are slowly creeping into mass adoption most likely unintentionally as they offer solutions to “everyday people”. At some point they will “sniff” the UK potential market and most likely by the next 1-2 years will be the go-to networks. Let’s make Harmony another better solution by utilising early adoption in the UK and internationally.

Let’s Surprise everyone - Harmony London - Day ONE
(action and participation required T&Cs apply :grin: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:).

How did this work out ?

Hi Matthew

Thanks for asking for an update. I am extremely busy with a construction project at the moment and planning to come back to Harmony and read/ write a bit in 10 days when i am in Greece.

In short this is not working out. There is no communication. All deadlines for official participation have passed.

Still ther is 6-7 weeks to plan and do something but that requires constructive conversation and planning at all levels.

Still asking (open channel for conversation) the core team to participate.
In UK the crypto/ NFT scene is well set up and growing underground and starts surfacing main stream and Harmony is missing out. There are also a few uk people that want to participate and do something
given the opportunity.

If you are interested personally we can chat.