Harmony meetup Events

Name of Event/Project

Harmony comes to UNEC

Proposal overview

Africa remains a vital space in blockchain and distributed ledger technology space with great market potential.
i and my team will be running series of meetup events across Africa with a focus in Nigeria and Ghana. we already have the infrastructure, contacts and access across many institutions and technology hubs in the continent, we strongly believe that the time of harmony has come and we will be throwing our hath in to the ring to raise awareness and bring positive vibes to the project through community building
Venue- the university of Nigeria Enugu campus.
Target audience - Students from different departments
Expected number of participants- 60+
Proposed date - 15th February 2022, 2 pm

Proposal ask

up to $4500 this funds will take care of
Venue space
Equipment
Logistics
Refreshments
Merch ( T-shirts )
internal adverts
compensation for the team and organisational expenses

Metrics for success

Raise awareness across the institutions and among students about Harmony
identify young talents that will be beneficial to the project
onboard more community members
60+ attendees

TEAM

chidi lisa ( Team leader) Business consultant, Brand ambassador, Data analyst,
Project manager. mail.- info@cryptoafric.com, Telegram- @olisadon
Innocent Asonye - Instructor, investor , Research and development
Martins ozo- engineer, Business developer
michael ene- Brand Ambassador , coach
some of our past activity can be found Gallery

External links

https://cryptoafric.com/Gallery.aspx

1 Like

hey , any updates yet ?
from experience early preparations usually leads to a successful project
Also a few other breakdown of cost that could help accelerate things
Venue space - $ 300
Equipment- 150 Refreshments - 500
Merch - 800 ( we are looking at producing 60 t-shirts cost is for both the shirts and printing) Internal adverts - 1000 ( adverts through the internal channels by which the institutions reach out to their students and if funds remain it will be used for external adverts)
Logistics - $150
Team compensation - $1500
Total- $4400

Hey there @cryptoafric. Thanks for sharing the gallery; it seems you folks have a passion for teaching and it shows. I would like to ask that you work with the Africa DAO and Nigeria regional DAO who are coordinating regional meet-ups. I think by connecting and working together, you can possibly expand your reach and make some great connections along the way.

Tagging @ep2338

Tagging @Symphony.One

3 Likes

Thanks @dpagan-harmony for making the connection!

@cryptoafric welcome to our DAO! Please apply for a meet-up. We are currently reviewing proposals, and both Ghana and Nigeria are important countries! We would very much like to explore the possibility of organising a meet-up together :). As for Nigeria, please talk to @Symphony.One who is a Harmony rockstar. We are looking into things together, and I am sure we could all collaborate there.

Talk soon hopefully. In the meantime, please join our telegram group: Telegram: Contact @harmony_africa_dao

Wow! Glad to see a fellow Nigerian taking the lead. @cryptoafric

We would be most happy to work with you on this. Thankfully, the Africa DAO c/o @ep2338 is granting 1500 usd for meetups like this in any part of Africa.

The Nigeria DAO will be rolling out her campus initiative in universities from May 2022. I’m confident your school UNEC will benefit from this.

That said, it will be good if you join the community. Create impact, become an active member and gain the trust of the community. Remember, blockchain and Harmony rewards active participation.

We are also organizing general blockchain training and grant proposal training sessions for entrepreneurs to seek funding from Harmony for their blockchain products built on harmony protocol. I do believe you would benefit greatly from this training.

Once again, join us on Telegram: Contact @harmonynaijadao, let’s reason together and work together in harmony and use Tech for social change.

4 Likes

Equally, extend this initiative to Ghana, as you Nigeria cannot leave Ghana behind, they go together as neighbors, we need your mentorship and experiences to leverage on the opportunities in harnessing Harmony blockchain’s potential for development and growth.

1 Like

Following up on our Telegram chat @cryptoafric. I would love to work together on getting more meetup events, though 60+ in attendance is definitely larger than a typical meetup. We have two avenues to hold events which are best suited for 10 to 40 attendees:

a. Work with the Africa DAO
b. Work with the Ambassador DAO

The budgets and process for each are different, but neither one is funding enough to reach your proposal ask of $4,500. For example, the Ambassador DAO is currently budgeting $2,000 for a meetup event, a cost which does not include merchandise. The DAOs are also not spending $1,000 on ads.

Over 60 in attendance exceeds typical meetup size.

Two things:

1. Can you tell me why $1,000 is needed for internal advertisements? Where are these ads placed?
  2. Let me consult with a colleague on this.
1 Like

thanks a lot for the feedbacks. i would definitely love to have a close working relationship with the ambassador dao as this is one of their cardinal focus. i and my team can also organise events that have lesser than 60+ people attending and within the funding cap of the ambassador dao,
for the internal adverts its up to 1000 usd because we want to ensure at least 60+ people attend , for smaller events its usually a smaller amount .
from there we print and distribute fliers,
from there we will pay student union and a few other people that will go in to the institutions and invite people to the event using word of mouth , typically 9 people if we are working towards an event of that size. these 9 people will collect lead / attendants and also call those interested attendants few days to the events , this people do this work daily for atleast one to 2 weeks before the event, they are all paid from that funds for internal adverts .

2 Likes

Hello @cryptoafric, it’s great this initiative you are putting together. The Naija (Nigeria) DAO just had our first successful meet up in Benin, Southern Nigeria, and are gearing up to touch all the regions in the country. We even have some UNEC students very active in our Community. Our next meet up is coming up in Lagos roughly a month from now, and we are super gassed up about it!

Please, join the Naija DAO so we can properly coordinate these meetups across the country. Having community members in these locations helped us save cost and achieve great success in Benin! The passion enthusiasm in the community is unmatched, please join in, participate, and contribute :blue_heart:

2 Likes

@dpagan-harmony have you taken a look at my response yet ?

Thanks for the reply @cryptoafric. For next steps, if you’re interested in working with the Ambassador DAO for local meet-ups, feel free to apply here at Ambassador Application. One of the governors will get back to you for a quick interview and to move forward.

Note that our budget per meet-up currently is max $2,000 USD.

For now I’ll decline this proposal but please check out the Ambassador DAO, Nigeria DAO, or Africa DAO for help and funding with meet-ups. Thanks!

have filled in the form
thanks