HER DAO: Women Developer DAO

@dhernz Sounds good! Please let Tracey and Shai and everyone else making centralized decisions about this approach.

2 Likes

Some suggestions for the next mandate:

a) After the first very active months, during which a lot of valuable attention was created, it might be a good time to take a step back and focus more on governance structures. Selection procedures for new governors, transparent budgeting, strategic decisions… all of this can be opened to the community, and thus a decentralization process started.

b) One of the first activities could be to delegate a treasury manager. Governors triggering their own transactions might lead to complications, especially when mandates end and hand-overs are due. This new treasury management should have clear rules on when it is allowed to delay or even deny to trigger a transaction. The same counts for multisigners. Payment rules are at the very core of every DAO and therefore very crucial to write in the organizational code.

c) Perhaps a governor’s vote can change the composition of the salary, e.g., 50% fixed dollar rate and 50% fixed token rate. This will help limit losses to the DAO treasury in the event of a prolonged bear market. Additional (low-risk) yield generation strategies for holdings could also help counteract token devaluation.

8 Likes

Hi Tracey, hope this message finds your well. I’m hearing the women working on this project haven’t been paid for their work and the agreement was for all governors to be paid $75 a hour. My sister worked hard on the project : here are the products produced Moving forward let’s set up clear scope of work and payment terms so that this can be avoided
in the future. It really a puts bad taste in your mouth when you have to worry about whether or not you will get paid for quality work. @violetsummerzine has promoted HER DAO and was a real partner so she she get paid immediately. A a woman community our passion is in our work everyday so let’s not be disorganized with professional business! Let’s make the templates , update the shared files so we can keep track of the budget and quality work. Thanks ladies, have a nice day

2 Likes

I agree with the suggestions of @dhernz and @Kathleen, especially in terms of focusing more on the structure as well as voting a treasury manager, who makes the financial situation transparent. This could prevent many of the current or upcoming issues.

4 Likes

STATUS UPDATE

The transition of signatures for the multisig wallet is underway. The transactions are awaiting signatories from the old governors to complete these requests.

One Governor is in charge of coordination between all parties to complete in a timely fashion.

It’s noted due to holidays this may take a little longer than usual

New governors will take custody of the wallet after removing the previous governor addresses, and initiate all payment requests after each new Governor has completed a test transaction.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Sherbetdlc… However, there are still questions that need answers. Also, I’m being side -messaged by @Oyinkansola_Adebayo which is nice, but doesn’t help with transparent communication. Of course, I want to get paid, ASAP, all I need is 2 signatures to sign my transaction. However, another “plan” has been set forth.

We still need to come to consensus about the following:

• How will old governors be paid and how much?

• Who are the new governors and their associated wallet addresses that will replace the new governors?

• What is the plan moving forward to ensure that everyone who participates will at least have the option to be compensated for their engagement?

2 Likes

Hi Shai!
For the record, I submitted my timesheet on March 8, the original deadline was March 14 as per Sue. So please don’t tell me that’s not the reason I didn’t get paid in the first place. See screenshots below!

@frwrdslosh @lij

2 Likes

I want to reflect and apologize for the harsh tone of my previous comment.

I’m still hopeful that @violetsummerzine gets paid as soon as possible, which she still hasn’t.

My comment isn’t a representation of any organization, but my own personal concerns as someone involved in the HER DAO community and Telegram since February 2022, looking for accountability from the leadership.

3 Likes

What a shit show this is…
DAO not paying a woman they ‘claim’ to want to empower lol
Not just any worker…
A Black female worker…

Harmony CORE team look at what you created.

Majority of these DAOs are power hungry for the MONEY.

They dont care about non-binary or the less fortunate minority.

8 Likes

UPDATE

There is an issue with the wallet.
All transactions have been signed, awaiting execution.

However executions are being held up because there is a prior transaction that hasn’t been signed - we didn’t realise this was holding up the transaction. This is waiting to be rejected (i.e cancelled). We need to have 5 rejections for this to happen - we are awaiting this. Once this has been done, we will be able to continue.

This is where we are at the moment. Further updates to come.

1 Like

Interested in connecting, the telegram link/@ doesn’t seem to be working?

Will try one of the governors on LinkedIn.

Awesome initiative!

-Lisa

2 Likes

To the Community of HER DAO:

I enjoyed meeting the new scholars in Amsterdam this past week and still hopeful for the future of this DAO. Sadly, I did not get to meet with Tracey or Shai, even though I was open to having tea in Amsterdam in a group chat. Thank you to @oyinadebayo , Thuy, Mabel, Shantelle, Becky and most importantly @sunny4earth for supporting me IRL. It is truly appreciated. We are all building in this space so to feel included is super important, especially if we know the odds are already against us.

Overall, there needs to be accountability and organization. A DAO is not a buzzword in Web3 to get funding, it’s about decentralized governance. As a community builder, welcoming women into the space does not mean giving them scholarships and then demanding they show up to events with no intention. As a political scientist, there is a big opportunity to prioritized decentralization. I was baffled to hear some of the DAO community say " it should be centralized first before decentralized." This is not true and I am strongly against this. What are we doing if we are repeating the mistakes of web2?

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! Do I need to reject (cancel) the transaction I made?

1 Like

It’s a terrific project. You girls are super! You are doing a very useful job for all the women in the world.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need Multisig DAO to help you guys out with efficient navigation through web3 multisig wallet. Multisig DAO has a mandate that will def come handy in your situation.

Check them out:

And don’t be afraid to reach out, we’ll very gladly help (also our telegram group has 4 members already, and we need 5 to fill our KPI so if you join our telegram we’ll be set for first month’s success metric) hurrah :blue_heart:

2 Likes

To the core team , Harmony’s money is not to be given away to charities , hopefully this is all I have to say.

Harmony’s money is to be spent funding things that will bring volume and TVL to the chain.

And to all of these money grabbers , do better.

5 Likes

H.E.R. DAO has been one of the most impressive groups I have encountered.

The amazing discussions and shared experiences with these highly successful scholars gave me pause. Real change is happening. This is what human choices look like. What do you want your life to look like? Who do you want around you? What give you the best experience, fulfillment and chance of success?

I highly encourage you to check out this segment with @maiazennie and the Chorus One representatives Jennifer and Semone. H.E.R. CON in Amsterdam. Thank you H.E.R. DAO and thank you to everyone involved. Do not get me started about Chorus One and how amazing Jen and Semone are!

4 Likes

UPDATE

The multi sig signee transition has been completed.

All first term governors have been paid.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the governors who waited patiently and generously offered to defer payment to help the DAO in this bear market - your commitment to serving the community is greatly appreciated.

TX IDs can be viewed here:

Governor Profiles can be viewed here:

Governor Meeting Minutes can be viewed here:

As mentioned in the governor’s chat on March 1st and again on April 11th a temporary route exists to deal with expedited payments efficiently whilst in DAO formation phase.

If any member is in need of an expedited payment please make a direct representation to our authorised agent - providing wallet address or bank account details and currency.

You can send direct representations here: her.dao1010@gmail.com

The authorised agent will then pay from private funds and take on the responsibility of justifying the payment to claim back from the DAO.

We kindly ask anyone who is in need of an urgent payment to follow these instructions to avoid delays.

The expedited pathway has been in place since the start of DAO formation and open to any member or governor. Several members & governors have benefited from this responsive facility.

This facility was set up to respond to member’s urgent needs as we take looking after our community very seriously.

Please always work with us and follow instructions to ensure matters are dealt with as quickly as possible.

We very much look forward to implementing an automated decentralised solution with our DAO partners STP & PRIME DAO in the coming months.

5 Likes

DEV CONNECT AMSTERDAM

It was so lovely being able to meet some of you for the first time in Amsterdam at H.E.R. CON - we hope to meet more of you in Berlin this week :slight_smile:

We thank the community for all your continuing support! Many of you realise the extraordinary amount of work and commitment involved in building a DAO and it’s infrastructure, whilst constantly delivering the road map and supporting programs - and for that we are truly humbled.

Members of the community have been working largely in stealth mode on projects and products to launch via the DAO, including customised DAO tooling.

We look forward to sharing these developments and working with the wider community.

5 Likes

THE ROAD TO DECENTRALISATION

Our road to full decentralisation has been well thought out and considered. We have to create solutions which protect the space and voices of womxn. Researching, building and implementing these systems will take time.

We are building a sustainable community and we will give this phase the time and attention it needs.

Within the next few weeks we will have published our impact report for our radical inclusion event in ETH DENVER, published interim accounts and confirmed dates and method of our next governor election.

There are some very big things on the horizon for H.E.R. DAO - and we encourage all positive, energetic people to work with us to co create a decentralised equitable future for all!

Please join our Telegram (Telegram: Contact @herdao) and Discord (H.E.R. DAO's server) and complete a contributors form (https://forms.gle/U4Tq1MAd6LQ3wwE29)

Keep checking on our bounty board to see ways in which you can engage and be rewarded! H.E.R. DAO | Dework

Our next COMMUNITY CALL is on Wednesday 11th May (https://twitter.com/_HerDAO/status/1523730757247971328?s=20&t=zDGf2JZvbhyxEUDkmoKrgw) before our FIRST VC twitter spaces with huge VC firms such as TRGC, Shima Capitol & Bblos https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1lPKqmkgeMdKb

@lij @Sam @frwrdslosh

5 Likes