Incubator DAO: mandates & deliverables

Traction: Drive dapps to reach 10K MAU. Target products that accelerate crypto adoption.
Talent: Identify & connect talent to projects. Support talented founders.
Treasury: Guide best practices in fundraising. Introduce projects to network of investors.

3 Likes

Current draft of the Incubator DAO mandate is:
Traction: Drive dapps to reach 10K MAU. Target products that accelerate crypto adoption.
Treasury: Guide best practices in fundraising. Introduce projects to network of investors.

Still a little bit of a work in progress - but we seem to be getting good feedback on it.

Hi @Sam I would like to contribute to Incubator DAO. What are the possibilities to contribute to it e.g., coding, documetation, tribute, governance etc.? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards, Sanjeev

For the Incubator DAO here is my proposal for Timeline + DAO-kickoff-elections:

Incubator DAO mandates:

Deliveries following mandates accordingly:

• Drive dapps to reach 10K MAU. Target products that accelerate crypto adoption
  • Introduce projects to network of investors, founders tracking and KYC in all projects supported
  • weekly posts with the dapps and works
  • Fundraising dapps status and support

to-do-List:
1 - Froze the Mandates
2 - Logo for the Incubator DAO (i will propose one ASAP)
3 - Incubator DAO snapshot slot for vote (I can do it after the logo ready)
4 - Incubator DAO Kickoff & Elections - similar what @giv have done with Developer DAO Developer DAO Kickoff & Elections
5 - Timeline announcement

Proposed Timeline:

Elections announced

• October 03, 2021 : The election date is announced.

• Candidates will have 2 weeks to introduce themselves and present their qualifications on Forum > Governance > Incubator DAO .

• Ideal candidates must demonstrate:

• Their familiarity with Harmony ecosystem and high communication skills.
    • Links to their contributions on Harmony where shows clear mindset to accelerate crypto adoption
    • Description of decentralized applications they have worked on (links, demos, videos).
    • Track record of experience with fundraising projects
    • Long record following Harmony values.
    • Investors network
  • Nice to have:

• Experience writing documentation.
    • Leading and managing project teams.
    • Experience running talks and events.
  • The community will have a chance to review and ask questions.

• AMA for all candidates on the second week of October (call).

Voting begins

• Oct 17, 2021, 9 am PT : Snapshot is created and announced across all channels.
  • Elections will be held for a period of 1 week.
  • Candidates are encouraged to promote themselves and share their Forum post across different channels.

DAO commencement

• Oct 24, 2021, 9 am PT : 9 governors will be elected for a 3-month term.
  • Multisig wallet creation and funding.
1 Like
  1. 500 Launches ($20M). Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each: $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet, $10K after mainnet launch, $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and $20K for after 10K users.

Will Incubator DAO manage these 500 releases? or will it be another demand?

@giv @Sam here is the logo proposal for the Incubator DAO by Ali Tuhin

2 Likes

Hello All,
Incubator DAO added to snapshot:
https://gov.harmony.one/#/harmony-incubator-dao

3 Likes

this is very very intresting :slight_smile:

hey

hope you are fine, can´t seem to be able to enter the link on the post saying " * Candidates will have 2 weeks to introduce themselves and present their qualifications on Forum > Governance > Incubator DAO ."

Thanks

1 Like

The proposed date for the elections has passed, I think we should have started by now.

1 Like

correct @Biosensei @Adonis , that was a “proposed” link and dates
“all dates and links were hypothetical to help the initial team to set up the Incubator DAO.”

let´s wait for feedback from the team involved in bootstrap the incubator DAO

2 Likes

Hi everyone, is the election close? Would like to add some flair from Asia.

There is currently a governance vote for the formation of candidates, the pool is closed at this time.

https://gov.harmony.one/#/harmony-incubator-dao/proposal/Qmecz37qP1BkgcBJGg4288zaBSx4472hVv4tZfXrK2jew3

Thanks @Krypto_Kakashi That’s awesome!

Few questions

1. how much funding does the Incubator DAO have?
  2. what is the primary tool for conversations? This forum? Discord?
  3. when will the DAO be on Aragon?
  4. how are tasks coordinated? Any tool?
  5. How are meeting scheduled? And when?
  6. What are roles and responsibilities (beyond “governor” or “advisor”)?

The Discord channel for the Incubator DAO within Harmony’s Discord is not active; nor is this subforum. Where can one get updates? Who should I be directly reaching out to just to get information?

2 Likes

They have a twitter account as well…

With only 1 tweet/tweet thread - from October 2021.

1 Like

this a good point, we must have an all DAO meeting and ensure that WE are utilizing funds accordingly and after all the purpose is to have a positive effect on Harmony Protocol, in a sense we have to police ourselves and back to your point @Candor i have been on a DAO for 3 months and have not heard or seen this group… @Maffaz @frwrdslosh

3 Likes

Similar tumbleweeds here Incubator DAO Formation

Strange thing is they have been paid for something completely unknown…

All I see is no replies and empty timesheets.

Also no reply to the offer of funding.

Anyhow, doesn’t look like this dao is involved in harmony anymore and from what I can see, apart from the 2 posts here and on twitter, never have been…