MetaintroDAO - Funding Request

Name of DAO: MetaintroDAO

Application Type - DAO formation, grant

Background

Making a career jump from one industry to another is difficult and daunting, let alone jumping from web2 to web3. When we set out to build Metaintro, we were eager to create a Discord community that helped ease the web3 transition. Through the collaborative work of our members, in just a few short months we’ve helped hundreds of individuals achieve just that. Our Discord community now serves as a central hub for web3 job opportunities, professional networking, and educational resources. However - a small group of community contributors got together and said “how do we help even more people make the jump into web3?” This was the genesis of MetaintroDAO.

Proposal overview

MetaintroDAO’s mission is to help job seekers make the career transition from web2 to web3.Through virtual hiring events, we believe that our DAO will help the next million job seekers find their dream job opportunity in web3.

Our three core mandates are:

1. Educate: Helping non-technical and technical job seekers learn more about the web3 space will empower them to apply and land their next role.
2. Earn: We believe web3 jobs can help individuals unlock financial freedom.
3. Inspire: MetaintroDAO wants to inspire as many people as possible to make the career jump from web2 to web3.

What we’ve seen in our Discord community is that when individuals become educated in the web3 space and begin earning crypto, they turn around and inspire their friends to do the same. In fact - a majority of the new users that come into our ecosystem are referred by current members. This cycle is what gave us the inspiration for our three core mandates.

We also believe that the combination of our three mandates will help create more web3 job opportunities, lowering the barrier to entry in web3 and increasing the accessibility of those opportunities to everyone.

The MetaintroDAO Plan

Our first big goal is to host web3’s largest virtual hiring event of the year. In order to achieve a goal of this magnitude, we’ve recruited a small group of individuals from the Metaintro ecosystem who we believe will help us bring this dream to life.

The KPI’s that we’ll track to deem this major event a success will be:

1. Number of employers attending - Goal: 100 web3 employers
  2. Number of job seekers attending - Goal: 2,000 job seekers
  3. Number and volume of sponsors - Goal: 10 major sponsors

In anticipation of the event being a success, Metaintro will be able to host multiple virtual hiring events throughout the year in subcategories such as DeFi, NFT’s, and so on. The ultimate goal for our events is to lower the barrier to entry into the web3 market, making job opportunities acceptable to everyone regardless of race, gender, or identity. The sky’s the limit!

Event Goer Acquisition Strategy

MetaintroDAO will use the current Metaintro ecosystem as a catalyst to acquiring event goers and hiring managers for our first web3 virtual hiring event.

Milestones

Q1: 2022

• Secure grant funding for DAO creation.
  • Create a multi-signature wallet for governors to act as treasury.
  • Setup DAO-exclusive channels within the Metaintro Discord.
  • Setup social token for DAO contributors.
  • Mint $INTRO token and airdrop first batch of tokens to initial group of contributors and governors.
  • Selection of virtual event venue (The Nemesis, MootUp, Decentraland, or Sandbox - TBD).

Q2: 2022

• Release marketing material for event announcements across all social platforms.
  • Secure web3 sponsors.
  • Lock in 100 web3 companies that will be hiring at our event.
  • Select speaker topics and coordinate speaking engagement schedules during the event.
  • Outline and create workshops/AMAs to be hosted at the event.
  • Begin building non-technical and technical career resources for new members in our ecosystem.
  • Tie in $INTRO token earnings into career resources.
  • MetaintroDAO event - launch date ETA: May 2022.

Q3: 2022

• Start planning for the next major virtual event (DeFi-focused?).
  • Establish bi-weekly AMA’s with web3 employers.
  • Release first cohort of non-technical and technical career resources to be released on MetaintroDAO website, also accessible from Discord.

Q4: 2022

• Establish and deploy the MetaintroDAO Fund - a small grants fund dedicated to helping other protocols in the web3 space build and hire talent. Our goal with this fund will be to generate more job opportunities within the web3 ecosystem.
  • Begin accepting applications for the MetaintroDAO fund.

Our Metric Goals for 2022

• Help 100,000 people find a job in web3
  • Assist 5,000 companies hire web3 talent
  • Launch 5,000 social tokens
  • Help increase the amount of web3 market role opportunities by 5%.

Board of Governors

1. Lacey Kaelani, Co-Founder of Metaintro, web3 entrepreneur, DAO contributor, semi-pro athlete
  2. Brian Clink - Tech Entrepreneur, Solidity enthusiast, protocol debugger, recruiter, NFT seller/collector, scrum master, team leader, swiss army knife
  3. Ismail Mert Tarihci - Web3 advocate and entrepreneur, game designer, story writer and community manager trying to build bluechip protocols.
  4. Matthew Ortiz - A purpose-driven crypto degenerate with a background in data privacy consulting, advertising and psychology. Currently a 3rd year law student in the Philippines who is highly engaged in the crypto space.
  5. Femi Oyebade - Web3 community moderator and economics student with a passion for breaking down barriers to entry within the ecosystem. Heavy experience in community building, social media engagement, and meme creation.
  6. Tapiwa Tarika - Beta tester, social media manager, and community mod with an ever growing passion for Web3 and DeFi. Additionally, Tapiwa strongly believes that DeFi has the potential to change current monetary systems and, instead, positively impact the global workforce.

The Proposal Ask

We are requesting a Harmony DAO bootstrap grant for $190K.

The grant funding will give the MetaintroDAO team 6 months of runway and the capital to stand up our first virtual web3 hiring event. This core team of 6 contributors paid at a $75-100 hourly rate will cover event planning, business development, sponsorships, and marketing. Payments will be released to the governors on a biweekly basis, paying out accordingly by roles and responsibilities. All governors will be given the opportunity to work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week.

Item Rate Budget
Virtual events platform Metaintro event $20,000
Salary 4 governors @ 20hrs/week / $100/hr., 3 governors paid @ $75/hr/20 hrs/week $150,000
Event marketing budget 240 hrs. $10,000
Safety fund $10,000
Total $INTRO token allocation for contributors TBD
Total funding ask: $190,000

Socials

Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/metaintro
Discord - https://discord.gg/UPU6kfnT6z
Koji App - https://bit.ly/metaintro_koji
Instagram: Login • Instagram

1 Like

We were incredibly excited while putting this proposal together. Thank you to the Harmony team in advance for taking the time to read it.

As you’ll see when reading our proposal, we have a goal to impact the web3 hiring market through events and education (something that we’re all very passionate about). Let me know if you have any questions - happy to answer! <3

P.S. - I’m a part of the BlueDAO! What an incredible group of ladies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to also thank Harmony team on giving people and us the opportunity and encouragement on forming DAOs and hopefully have a chance to onboard people to web3. As a builder on Harmony blockchain, I am so happy to be able to present such a cool project of ours to Harmony team. Thank you for your time and consideration!

2 Likes

The Harmony team are providing such an amazing opportunity here; a big thank you to them for empowering projects like this. Such an exciting project and I couldn’t be happier to be part of it, big things to come in the future! :slight_smile: Thank you for sparing your time

2 Likes

Web3 is challenging for newcomers - MetaIntro is there to hold our hand with educational resources, job search resources, and a community that gives off positive energy.
I’ve learned so much from Lacey and our team members, I’m proud to be a part of this proposal.

2 Likes

It was such an amazing pleasure meeting several of the ladies from BlueDAO!!

2 Likes

Hello, @laceyk! A virtual job-fair for Web3 is an inspired objective. :slight_smile:

:hourglass_flowing_sand: Your proposal is under review :slight_smile: Meanwhile, head over to our DAO Funding Guidelines

:heavy_check_mark: Please ensure that your proposal meets the criteria necessary to be considered for a Harmony DAO bootstrap grant.

Note, that even if your proposal meets certain criteria, it does not necessarily guarantee approval or funding :see_no_evil:

Thank you for your time and interest! :rocket:

1 Like

Yes!! I feel incredbly lucky to be a part of such a great movement. They brought me into the DAO to help out with the job listings :slight_smile: I’d love to get more women hired in web3!

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to review. It means a ton!

3 Likes

Hello MetaintroDAO and @laceyk

After a couple weeks I’d like to circle back and check on updates for the MetaintroDAO proposal! A reminder that the proposal needs to meet the necessary criteria in order to be considered for approval. You can find the guidelines linked above and linked, here.

Currently, there are 6 criteria that we call “The Mighty Six”

1. Mandates: 3 clear-and-concise mandates :white_check_mark:
  2. Deliverables: Looking forward for the next 3 months only, identify key deliverables directly tied to the mandates of your DAO that you will be focused on accomplishing. Be specific. Chart, in steps, how you will get from where you start to delivering your goal. :x:
  3. Metrics: I see there are some lovely 1 year stretch-goal metrics in this proposal. I would like for the MetaintroDAO to focus them into a 3 month horizon as well. :hourglass:
  4. 9 signatories: 1/3 of the way there :smile:
  5. Multisig Wallet: :x:
  6. Schedule the Next Community Vote: DAOs are not kingdoms. The initial signatories do not rule by divine right, nor are they supposed to be “Signatories-for-Life”. DAOism is about community. About passionate participation in projects. It is vital that we have a regular rotation of community members experiencing the responsibility of managing the DAOs treasury. :x:

I’m very much looking forward to the updates, and apologies for the delayed response. :blue_heart:

following up on this @laceyk

pinging again @laceyk

And also, a quick update:

The Harmony DAO Ops team will resume approvals and funding on May, 1st. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we learn best practices and navigate the proposal process. In the meantime, please take a look at the updated DAO Funding Guidelines.

note: this comment is not an approval of the proposal

Due to the lack of activity on this thread I am going to decline this proposal without prejudice.

Please feel free to resubmit a DAO bootstrap funding proposal.

Thank you for your time and interest.