One Mission?

Here my 5 cents on the Harmony Incubator DAO :slight_smile:

Due its culture and mission many things in the blockchain/crypto/web3 are very different from traditional industries and markets. However, one thing we have in common is people, dreams, visions and skills to change the status quo.

Building a successful Harmony Ecosystem and contributing to more decentralized future will require more than just ideas, a few brilliant individuals and a handful early adopters. It will require A-teams to evolve from the primordial blockchain soup. It has to be the mission of the DAO to facilitate and accelerate this evolution.

This can not be done by simply throwing tokens and zoom calls into it.

Harmony grant program (like other blockchain funding programs!) rival y-combinator, 500 or TC in size and magnitude. The program has to live up to the measurable impact these programs create. Given that some global acceleration programs like The Founder Institute have a tremendous impact without any funding this will be an epic challenge. It is exactly this challenge that will make a difference and likely allow Harmony to leave a lasting footprints beyond its own garden.

If elected will I propose to create a decentralized, systematic incubation program for startups that provides founding teams with the foundational skills to succeed in building meaningful, sustainable ventures. It’s my believe that this incubator has to be built on the shoulders successful programs. Furthermore DOAs could play an essential role to “gamify" the process using automated release of funding as a strong incentive mechanism for founder and mentors alike.

2 Likes

This is great:

It will require A-teams to evolve from the primordial blockchain soup.
This can not be done by simply throwing tokens and zoom calls into it.

2 Likes