Rising DAO - Spiritual Retreats

Morning Adam,
I would like to ask how does approvers ‘know’ what will benefit Harmony at this point?
What guidelines/metrics are being currently followed in order to approve of a project?

Personally, I don’t see how this particular DAO could have any impact on crypto in general.

It sounds great but doesn’t pass the eye test for me.

Needing a ton of money to purchase real estate? Who is going to buy these NFTs at this price?

Again just my opinion but I pay close attention to the hours worked being charged. They are only charging governors for 10 hours per month?? To me that makes it seem like they are never going to do anything after the funds have been dispersed.

Show me a business model that makes money with the owners/founders only put in 10 hours per month.

Cheers everyone!

2 Likes

I put my time on because I have spent endless hours on many projects/ work etc for the last 15ys and it seems people love to waste my or don’t appreciate it that I am giving it for free or reading what I write.
So, I put a timer on the truck first what I do and second to show it took me X time of thinking/ writing of which I could for example instead be making money or listening to music instead of being here.
In my writing, I mention I don’t work for this project so I am not get paid

1 Like

In an ecosystem where people can think critically and fast that system has greater success chances and also can become a decentralised ecosystem that functions.
It is not my project but if they can offer Harmony mind exercises I think there is something there that can help us think different or more creatively.
What price do we put on creativity and creative thinking?

Yes, I see what you are saying abut work time, that is one big problem for any DAO especially it required a lot of work and admin 10h a month is not enough.

Same problem trying to set up the UKDAO which with the current system it will require tones of work

I am not saying this project is good for approval. I found it interesting and possibly some RnD funding could go towards it.

Hey Adam,
I appreciate your time to respond on here.
However, you didn’t dive into any guidelines on approval metrics process.

How does a company put a dollar value to creative thinking?

Has this project been approved? If not, what status is it currently in?

I guess I don’t understand Harmony’s ultimate goal on these non core DAOs.

This particular project creates ZERO REVENUE. So what value does it offer to be self sustaining?

How can a project help you with creative and critical thinking when it is no longer in business because the funds have been depleted within a month?

I am aware this isn’t your project so please don’t take any of this personal.

As a long time holder and huge contributor to our reddit community, projects like this need to be denied immediately or they will keep coming in waves.

Last, let’s say this gets approved ok? How is it in the future, Harmony will ever be able to deny a ‘Yoga DAO’ that has the same copy and pasted metrics as the above?

Again thanks for all your time! This is good back and forth that the community needs to see at this time.

1 Like

Hi

For this particular project I removed my business hat. Not sure what stage they are.
Even traditional companies can not only think financial ROI they will fail.

Thinking of an organisation only in terms of revenue that is web2 thinking but we are in web3 improving upgrading and evolving

We need to be thinking of tokenisation of time like spent for example writing to each other, the energy used by our PCs the tokenisation of ideas exchanged, or tokenisation of satisfaction of achieving something. Tokenising listening to music for example so I am not anymore just the customer but a participant to the music creation.

Also treating an illness only by Chemical methods is not sufficient enough either .

I do don’t like pretentious greenwashing people (I did had a good go at some I have seen around) but some genuinely want to explore.

I don’t know what the outcome will be but if Harmony will not explore these some else will.

Main thing is don’t be reckless as long as there are other Web2 compatible sources of revenue and there is a balance as at the moment we are evolving.

This could be the same like the hadron collider or a PhD in Social economy, There is no revenue in either but Social economy creation and Web3 can create a token for it.

Let’s not take it too far. Just by writing to you or generally engaging with the Harmony community is not financially viable for me. In fact in some cases it is even frustrating. So the question that come to my mind is - why get frustrated for no payment rewards. But as I said above this is web2 thinking.

Coming to this project we don’t know the value that Shadow Works could bring to the ecosystem. To me that specific “treatment” sounds like it is what is going to the gym for exercising is for the macules.
What is the value of someone Health. Maybe instead of looking fiat financial viability it would it be better to create a tokenomics of social value of an activity in such a way that I can buy my food and pay for my heating, holidays, etc

1 Like

I think that is everyone’s frustration at the moment with these non core DAO approvals.
There is no business sense to anything.
Not even a sense of what would be a benefit for the Harmony ecosystem.

“Even traditional companies can not only think financial ROI they will fail”
Can you elaborate on this more?
I have never audited a company where return on investment was NOT the #1 goal of the entity.

If that is the logic being used towards these non core DAOs then Harmony has become a CHARITY organization.

1. Harmony is giving out grants in the form of ONE
  2. Harmony does not care if they get any monetary value in return (ROI)
  3. Harmony does not expect/demand the ecosystem to be benefitted.

So is Harmony looking to solve web3 or be a self sustaining blockchain?

If numbers 1,2,3 are correct above then Harmony ONE is no longer self sustaining.

3 Likes

"For this particular project I removed my business hat. Not sure what stage they are.
Even traditional companies can not only think financial ROI they will fail.

Thinking of an organisation only in terms of revenue that is web2 thinking but we are in web3 improving upgrading and evolving"

If you’re writing this, you never wore a business hat in your entire life or you have been extremely lucky in your journey.

Also treating an illness only by Chemical methods is not sufficient enough either .

This is not about treating an illness by chemical method, rather people asking for a grant with a terrible financial model (expensive NFTs, a non-existent business structure, etc)

I don’t know what the outcome will be but if Harmony will not explore these some else will.

All the best to them. In my opinion, Harmony already wasted enough money to house parties, bored apes and crappy woke ideas. It’s time to leave the lab and move to the workshop.

Let’s not take it too far. Just by writing to you or generally engaging with the Harmony community is not financially viable for me.
In fact in some cases it is even frustrating. So the question that come to my mind is - why get frustrated for no payment rewards. But as I said above this is web2 thinking.

I do it for fun and because I’m invested in Harmony and its ecosystem. I don’t have any DAO in the works neither I’m working with one. If writing on a forum whenever you want isn’t financially viable for you, you should definitely do something else :wink:

Coming to this project we don’t know the value that Shadow Works could bring to the ecosystem. To me that specific “treatment” sounds like it is what is going to the gym for exercising is for the macules.
What is the value of someone Health. Maybe instead of looking fiat financial viability it would it be better to create a tokenomics of social value of an activity in such a way that I can buy my food and pay for my heating, holidays, etc

Man, I don’t mind a pint or a joint sometimes too but I don’t get in business stuff right after that. Let’s keep it professional, shall we?

2 Likes

I have not been lucky at all and got bills to pay atm
So no i have not achieved financial freedom.

I have set up a lighting design company and delived high profile public works with plenty of £££ profit

I have written many busines plans
I had set up a high street shop and lost shed loads despide the best low risk plan no one could predict covid.

I know how to set up a company

I got an MBA and as for hobby study scocial sciences for years

I have worked as a consultant to advise local councils on regeneration not bussnes but art design and with a scocial impact

I have set up pop up shops and cleaned the mess afterwards

I have worked in construction from hand on tiling flooring woodworking to design kitchens and currently building a house extension

I have set up a community NGO and run it for 10y people faild it not financials it was making money it failed on the scocial economy side. I warned Harmony of how running the DAOs they way have so far most likely it will fail however I also said they are very important for the ecosystem but need refor and not alt to be treated the same.

I also am working to set up a fintech on Harmony to create utility. I work on that for free atm.

So i do know a thing or two about how things work at any level

And no it is not financially viable to keep writing or giving my advice for free here so other can make a profit
But i do it anyway because of ROI on personal suttisguction and because i am learning and also hope to meet like minded pople to build the fintech i mentioned.

Can I interest you in professional Multisig wallet signature lending services performed by our DAO? It’s our best one yet and we think you’ll love it.

2 Likes

Harmony in no way shape or form benefits from this .

Absolute NO from me , it will definitely question my investor position in Harmony if this DAO or the many that look alike get a single penny.

Go open your own spiritual centre , I’m sure it will work , just don’t ask us for money .

3 Likes

My general point is that problems will not go away if DAOs are gone they are still there.

What worries me is that the “common sentiment” exists because the price of ONE is falling towards fiat. But that will happen to all crypto until there is utility and we stop thinking Crypto <-> Fiat only and create community and community utility.

Yes I know
1wallet
RPC
Explorer
And inter shard comms
Are must essentials

But I have seen brilliant technology being shelved because no one can utilise it in a “sexy” way

My basic proposal
Be agile and adaptive
If we see a DAO that looks like a scam we constructively criticise it.
The same applies and we must do with a tech project.
Not forcing Harmony core team to make decisions without analysis.

Personally I would not go near a retreat that does not have wine, fresh fruits, bbq and swimming in the sea, actually I don’t like most organised retreats of any type.
I also disagree a lot as to how mindfulness is delivered but that is another subject.

However, here is very real example Steve Jobs was in into this mindfulness etc as many other top execs CEOs, VCs Crypto investors and so on. Can you image all those people and more being exposed to Harmony
If nothing else a great marketing tool

Not all is B&W
As long as the basic tech is constantly worked on and are some basic principals and ethics, I don’t care even if Harmony decides to fund spacesuits for unicorns. If they don’t someone else will an that network will be more successful with better financial ROI.

I am stop commenting in this post

Morning Adam,
Myself, couple of validators and a few others that are commenting on here have been in Harmony well over a year and still way up in profit.

You are ‘assuming’ it is price action!

You stated above that you take your ‘business hat off’ when it comes to proposals. Maybe that is why you are so confined to price action and not the big picture.

The reality here is that Harmony has a preset amount for the DAO grants. WE, the community, want to ensure it gets paid to proposers that are LEGIT!

I have found 3 projects so far that have ZERO Twitter page, discord, telegram. Funds are completely gone from the wallet. <— This is what is causing us to take action…

The Harmony team is only so big and not capable of handling the waves of DAO proposals coming in.
Hence, why we are here giving our personal opinion and asking legitimate questions.

Appreciate it!

5 Likes

also to further add to it, when it comes to proposals concerning BUSINESS, putting off the business hat during a moment that specifically requires it is a severe mistake

Hey I’m not taking my business hat off on all proposals. I’m taking it off momentarily for this project to see other angles of ROI and grow the ecosystem.
This June it will by 2ys in Harmony my self.

Also you should see my other comments on other projects that i am questioning them.
Some are tech based and more difficult to question especially if the devs are in for a quick buck and leave.
One project I really had a go at them because they where clearly a copycat scamm. It was deleted from this forum.

I am not saying not question projects what I’m saying is removing the scocial aspects and only focus on financial ROI it will harm Harmony as well.

I believe it will not harm harmony in anyway. Look at Luna, BSC, FTM, Avax etc. Tech and ecosystem is what matters.

1 Like

The key word is ecosystem
An ecosystem is a complex multi faceted.

These other networks have have some utility or hope to become the next banking system.

Nothing is stopping us to add payment utility
I’m trying to do that with Harmony Pay

Another utility ifor example s wine supply chain and distribution this was in the ct news today.
So if a group comes to Harmony to ask to set up a wine distribution dapp that will include a retreat , whar reseption will they receivr by the community?

I believe what we need to do as a community is to stop the scams but welcome all ideas and challenge them so they can bring utility, promotion, income, ideas, exploring spirit tech and much more to Harmony

The best ecosystem will be the $ONE with the most agile and adoptive framework of operations. Imo

1 Like

Hello, @Kennamykitty

I would like to provide a brief update from Harmony.

All approvals and proposals for DAO Bootstrap Funding are still paused. This is a temporary measure. Please do not let this dissuade you and your team from building. Stay tuned for another update regarding DAO Bootstrap Funding :soon:

I would also love it if the Rising DAO could provide updates on progress parallel to Harmony’s current Funding Guidelines :blue_heart:

note: this comment is not an approval of this proposal.

1 Like

I enjoy your input on topics and feel you are a very passionate about Harmony One and web3, so please don’t take the following as a critiscm:

The argument that market sentiment is what it is because of falling prices does not hold up I’m sorry and it is not just yourself who believes this, whilst SOME may be about this it is not the majority i feel, but how can we measure it right.
Criticism about DAOs and DAO funding was here when the market was up also. Market up Market down there are genuine concerns about Daos and which daos are being funded and also how those funds are used.

2 Likes

Is this a timeshare DAO? I’m being earnest here. It seems that you’re selling based on the timeshare model.

Hello @Kennamykitty

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal without prejudice. Please visit our Q3 and Q4 Execution Plan for more information.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAOs patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination. Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

1 Like