Social-Token Powered DAO Magazine by Violet Summer DAO

So excited to have you on board as our experiential designer for the platform. I’m hoping this could be a blueprint for other creators! See you at the Violet Verse / DAO Zine zoom meeting on sunday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so excited to see this come to life! Mel, you have an excellent history of executing on ideas that bring value to the community and Violet Summer DAO will be no different. I can’t wait to see what’s next :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

“EXECUTING” that’s the keyword.

1 Like

UPDATE!

Here’s my last newsletter as a governor for H.E.R. DAO.

I will be publishing a teaser of what content from the zine could look like on another platform.

We’re so happy to onboard you into Web3!

1 Like

This proposal looks great, Mel! Excited to follow the journey of DAO Magazine, as well as Violet Summer and Crypto in the City.

1 Like

Thank you Marina!
It was lovely speaking with you today! As discussed, we’ll be meeting on Sundays for the next month to create the token-gated zine! We’ll also onboard you into web3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, @violetsummerzine

Really enjoyed this proposal. As well as some of the past Violet Summer zines. Thank you so much for staying vigilante in this thread and apologies for the delayed response.

In order for a proposal to be approved for funding there is certain criteria that needs to be met. We call this “The Mighty Six”.

For the Bootstrap Grant, The minimal requirements for are:

1. Mandates: 3 mandates. Specific. Precise. Each mandate to have two sub-clauses to provide further clarification on these mandates. All three mandates and their sub-clauses should fit within a tweet.

2. Deliverables: Looking forward for the next 3 months only, identify key deliverables directly tied to the mandates of your DAO that you will be focused on accomplishing. Be specific. Chart, in steps, how you will get from where you start to delivering your goal.

3. Metrics: Quantifiable and verifiable. List the “stretch goal” metrics that you and your DAO will be using to measure your impact in furthering your mandate. Low bars of success indicate a certain level of disengagement, while high bars and stretch goals indicate confidence in yourself and your community to accomplish that about which you are passionate.

4. Governors: List the 9 governors that will start your DAO. NOTE: As we have said in the DAO Funding Guidelines (Guidelines for Harmony Grants) being a governor is not about having a part-time job. Think about your three mandates and try to find passionate individuals that have the skillset and expertise to help you accomplish those goals.

5. Gnosis Safe Multisig Wallet: Establish a multisig wallet that requires 5 out of the 9 governors to approve the disbursement of funds.

6. Schedule the Next Election: DAOs are not kingdoms. The initial signers of the multisig do not rule by divine right, nor are they supposed to be “Signers-for-Life”. DAOism is about community. About passionate participation in projects. It is vital that we have a regular rotation of community members experiencing the responsibility of managing the DAOs treasury.

This proposal has Mandates, Deliverables, Metrics, and 9 initial multisig signers. Please create a Harmony multisig wallet and schedule the next election. Harmony recommends 3 month terms to really strengthen the shared responsibility idea.

Looking forward to your updates! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @mreza It was lovely speaking with you on Friday about your creative writing pieces and career in the branding and marketing space. I’m so excited to onboard you into Web2! We will be meeting this Sunday! We can also discuss the updated proposal, multisig wallets and everything you need to know!

:two_hearts::two_hearts:

@frwrdslosh Thank you so much for reading Violet Summer Zine! I’ve already begun scoping the mandates and deliverables and will edit to align with the Mighty Six. Looking forward!

Hi @frwrdslosh! Here is the requested information! We are excited to get started!

1. Mandates:

a. Document Culture: The journey to documenting the next frontier in the creator economy on-chain is fundamental. Creators are the backbone of Web3 and DAOs are how they collaborate.
b. Decentralized Publishing: Through community governance, DAO magazine will publish content based on a community voting structure and $Read tokenomics.
c. Education: We’ll educate web2 writers and editors about web3 and the power of community on the Harmony blockchain.

1. Deliverables:

a. 1 DAO Magazine Zine ( 200+ pages, digital format and content tokens)
b. Token gated structure and community for bounties and contributor payments
c. $READ token powered by Coinvise and Harmony

April 2022: Governors will meet on April to discuss reserve, budget and establish Read token on coinvise.io
May 2022: Team Editorial Meetings will be held / recorded every Sunday 1pm EST and documented in Discord Channel. We will build VR and token gated site as a group and write in private. We can also share updates.
June 2022: Zine will debut during ETH Denver and NFT New York with special events and presentations.

1. Metrics:
  • 5,000 $READ Token Distribution For Engagement
  • 20 Bounties Completed For Editorial Contributions and Production Tasks
  • 10 Community Meetings Completed & Recorded
  • 2K VR Site Visitors / Impressions
  • 100 DAO Zine Content NFTs distributed
  1. Multisig Signers:

Israel Wilson
Melissa Henderson
Dani Spence
Camille
Van
Morgan
Ramona
Bellamy
Deanna

1. Gnosis Safe Multisig Wallet: Harmony Multisig Wallet
  2. Schedule the Next Election: The next election will be Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 1pm EST! We will vote via SnapShot.
1 Like

Quick update!

• I’ll be recording all DAO calls on my Substack column, crypto in the city .io … Once we figure out the platform we can always link them there, but for now they will be in the discord.
1 Like

Here’s this week’s meeting~ violetsummerzine's server

1 Like

Thank you for the updates @violetsummerzine :blue_heart:

Quick update from Harmony:

The Harmony DAO Ops team will resume approvals and funding on May, 1st. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we learn best practices and navigate the proposal process. In the meantime, please take a look at the updated DAO Funding Guidelines.

note: this comment is not an approval of the proposal

1 Like

Hello, @violetsummerzine, I would like to provide another brief update. . .

Unfortunately the approvals and funding from Harmony is still paused. This is only temporary.

note: this comment is not an approval of the proposal

:blue_heart:

1 Like

I see a clear lack of KPI / ROI in this project .

Harmony won’t benefit from funding this.

If you decide to move forward with the project even tho grant denial , I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

Hi @frwrdslosh I won’t be moving forward with this proposal on Harmony. There has been several harassing and mistreatment reports among womxn/LGBTQIA in the Harmony ecosystem. I cannot support or write about Harmony’s community on my platform when this is taking place and directly affecting myself and various members in my network. This is not Web3. I recommend evaluating the DAO leaders mission/operations and online safety of this governance forum. I appreciate your time and consideration. I wish you the best of the luck in building your community.

You obviously don’t know how intentional exposure and impactful storytelling provides invaluable capital to blockchains, which are powered by the community and conviction. Don’t worry, I’ll be taking this proposal elsewhere. Thanks for comments. It’s great fodder for my forthcoming reports on bullying and online harassing. :tipping_hand_woman:t4:

won’t be missed i’ll tell you that much

1 Like

I’ll be using you as a clear example of an idiotic attempt to cash grab on my forthcoming reports :wink:

Remember to close the door after you leave please…