The need for in-person events is growing as the popularity and adoption of Harmony continues to increase. In addition to events, our online communities lack cohesion, guidance and moderator compensation, and would greatly benefit from cross-community collaboration. The support needs of our community and its developers have grown over the past year, and our efforts to provide that assistance must grow with it while compensating those who lend their time and expertise to offer that support.
This DAO is a short-term task force focused on creating long-term and sustainable processes with the intent to transfer processes to existing DAOs. This proposal will allow us to begin executing on in-person events, establish collaboration between community channels, and assist our community and developers through the on-boarding, compensation, and management of ambassadors.
Governors will architect the framework meant to resolve the issues above, while our Ambassadors will help execute the mission with guidance and assistance from DAO governors.
Note: The Ambassador DAO is designed to fill the above needs for six months before scaling down and transitioning the online communities and technical support efforts to separate DAOs.
|Governors||Area of Focus|
|Paul (One United Power)||Online Communities|
|Jon (ONE Celestial)||Online Communities|
|Shawn (WellnessOne)||Online Communities|
|Sravam (The High Indian)||Meet-up Events|
|Kruger (CashCow)||Technical Support|
|Matt (HarmonyDragon)||Technical Support|
Daniel Pagan of Harmony core team will assist the DAO as a liaison / team lead, providing the governors with assistance and guidance as necessary.
Harmony employees will not be compensated for work as governors.
All nine governors are recruited and on-board with the mission. A number of our ambassadors are already recruited and performing duties as online community moderators. To ramp up our progress, the DAO will begin hand picking ambassadors based on existing community engagement and outreach efforts. All ambassadors selected for our six month period will be announced publicly.
Removal & Replacement of a Governor or Ambassador
The intent of this DAO is to execute on a number of tasks in a short period of time. With these efforts being time sensitive, it is imperative that all DAO governors and ambassadors perform their duties and contribute in a fair and equitable manner.
Should the panel of governors feel a fellow governor or ambassador is not contributing equally, a discussion will be had in a group session. If that governor or ambassador continues to fall behind in quality contributions, a vote will be taken to remove and replace said governor or ambassador. The vote will be done in a private chat with all governors present, and require at least a 60% vote in favor of removal. Votes and documentation can be made available to the public if requested.
Online Communities: Create the framework to manage our official online communities in a collaborative and structured manner. On-board community moderators as Ambassadors for Harmony, provide guidance, and compensate them for their work across the official Harmony communities. Define online events, their standards, and execute them with cross-community promotion. Measure the success of ambassadors and continue refining process and structure as needed.
General Technical Support: Create the framework to provide support in a structured and organized manner using a refined process, simple KPIs, and reliable systems. Recruit, on-board, compensate, and guide community members with proven wallet, bridge, and general front line / triage support experience as Ambassadors for Harmony
Meet-Up Events: Create a framework to host meet-up events around the globe using a reliable and repeatable process. Recruit, on-board, compensate, and guide community members with proven event hosting experience as Ambassadors for Harmony. Begin hosting in-person events in 5 major US cities, evaluate processes and learn before scaling efforts to 15 cities for months three and four, and 25 cities for months five and six. Prepare to identify and scale to additional cities at the conclusion of this effort with a strategic goal of 50 cities.
Clear & Concise Mandates:
- Standardize moderation of online social forums, bolster positive community management and engagement.
- Create a foundation to connect in-person communities around the world through educational and interactive meet-up events.
- Create and execute the framework to provide support for Harmony products in a structured manner utilizing systems and automation.
- Provide guidance and assistance to our moderators on creating online community initiatives.
- Create structure for online community management (moderator on-boarding, rules, AMA, etc.)
- Develop a feedback system between the online communities and the Harmony core team.
- Define KPIs to measure online community management and engagement.
Our recurring tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Governors to discuss online community sentiment and share with Harmony core:
- Specific community complaints.
- Sentiment / Suggestions for the Harmony team.
- Governors to meet w/ community moderators on:
- Notable tasks performed - Past & current week.
- Upcoming events to promote across online platforms.
- Suggestions & requests (how can Harmony help the community?)
- Governors and community moderators to discuss special topics:
- Brainstorm and execute on online community initiatives
- Provide feedback and community sentiment for the respective community channel
- Discuss how to improve community participation on talk.harmony.one, cross promote the official communities, and cross promote special events.
Governors to define the structure for providing support to the community and its developers using a sustainable process and systems. Define the methods to be used to provide support, the systems and its dependencies and components (e.g. ticket system, categories, methods of communication, etc.), the days/hours support will be available.
Identify and recruit ambassadors. On-board the ambassadors using a repeatable process and provide them with ongoing guidance through weekly meetings and general assistance.
Ambassadors to assist in tracking, triaging, and escalating backlog of GitHub issues
- Route issues to the Developer DAO or Harmony core, initiate initial point of contact with issue creator, and assist in issue reproduction and resolution where possible.
Provide best-effort support on wallet and bridge issues using a ticketing system (e.g. ZenDesk). Attempt first contact resolution through templates and common solutions. Help build an online technical FAQ / KB.
Ambassadors to help update stale technical documentation. Work with community moderators to identify top-10 technical issues. Create documentation to reduce redundant questions with the guidance and approval of DAO governors and the Developer DAO.
Note: Support will be provided at best-effort. No SLA or guaranteed resolution. KPIs will be tracked.
Governors to formalize a meet-up event agenda / lesson plans with interactive lessons.
- Incorporate event themes such as:
- Gaming: Blockchain Gaming, featuring games powered by Harmony.
- Education: Basics of DeFi: Learning & Hands-on with DeFi powered by Harmony.
- Consult with regional DAOs for translations and international locations to target.
- Incorporate event themes such as:
Governors to develop a method for measuring our meet-up events and begin trending these statistics to determine our level of success and areas for improvement.
Coordinate merchandise ordering and shipping, food, beverages, and A/V equipment for each in-person meet-up. Develop and document a repeatable method for these logistics.
Ambassadors to host events in 5 US cities for the first two months, 10 US and 5 International cities in months 3 and 4, an 15 US and 10 International cities in months 5 and 6.
- Remote guidance from DAO governors.
- Document lessons learned, unexpected costs, attendee counts, and feedback.
Note: If any regional DAO holds meet-up events in a local city, the Ambassador DAO will collaborate with their governors to avoid overlap and share our framework and content. With 10,000 cities worldwide, this overlap is not a great concern.
- Develop a method for community members to apply as ambassadors. Simplify the event hosting process, allowing governors to approve events and distribute funds using as much automation as possible.
- Moderator Flat Rate: $400/month per Ambassador
|Platform||Number of Moderators|
Flat Rate Moderator Compensation Funding Requested: $21,600
Bonus: Online Special Events Hosting Rate: $100/event (Limited to $400/month/host)
Special events include but are not limited to AMAs, Reddit live broadcasting (weekly recaps, dApp reviews), and Twitter spaces discussions. All special events will be planned and approved in advance. Online events are not restricted to community moderators. Limits below.
|Platform||Monthly Limits for Online Special Events|
- Online Special Events Funding Requested: $15,600
Total Funding Requested for Online Communities: $37,200
General Tech Support
Support Ambassador Flat Rate: $700/month per Ambassador | x3 Ambassadors
- Flat Rate Support Ambassador Funding Requested: $12,600
Updates to Existing Docs: Up to $30 per document. Max $150/mth per Ambassador
New Content: $.10 per word. Max $200/mth per Ambassador.
- Documentation Updates Funding Requested: $6,300
Incident Management System [ZenDesk]
- Licensed Agents: $59/month per Agent x3 Ambassadors + 1
- Incident Management System Funding Requested: $1,416
Total Funding Requested for General Support: $20,316
Event Host Compensation: $27 per attendee paid to Event Host (Limit $800/mth)
Target 50 attendees per city per month. AV equipment, merchandise, and venue costs will be operational expenses and special funding requests will be made as the need arises.
|Months||Cost||Scope||Total # of Events|
|Months 1 & 2||$28,000||5 US Cities, 2 Int’l Cities||14|
|Months 3 & 4||$60,000||10 US Cities, 5 Int’l Cities||30|
|Months 5 & 6||$100,000||15 US Cities, 10 Int’l Cities||50|
Some international events will be online to help increase our reach and # of events.
$2,000 = 1 In-Person Meet-Up at 50 Attendees or 4 Online Meet-Up Events.
Total Funding Requested for national & international Meet-up Events
Organizing 94 In-Person Events | Targeting 4,500+ Attendees Across 25+ cities: $188,000
$75/hr x 40 Hours/mth x 6 Months x 9 Paid Governors
Total Funding Requested for Governor Compensation: $162,000
Requested amount will fund a 6-month initiative for online communities, meet-ups in 25 cities with a target of 4,500 attendees, and general technical support.
Round-1 Prerequisites | Months 1-3
- Publish schedule and agenda for online community break-out meetings.
- Identify the online community moderators who will serve as ambassadors.
- Create a single Discord channel for online community Ambassadors to collaborate.
- Create separate Discord channels for Reddit, Telegram, and Discord Ambassadors.
- Document standards and requirements around online special events. Example: AMA requirements, Twitter Spaces agenda, etc.
- Develop a simple process to educate the community on contacting general support.
$45,600 | $10,800 [Amb. Pay] + $7,800 [Online Events] + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
Round-2 Prerequisites | Months 4-6
- Publish the first round of metrics including community growth and participation (where applicable), list of special events held, community issues and actions taken in response.
- Publish upcoming special events or initiatives planned for round-2.
- Document standards for online community management across official channels.
- Create and document a process for promoting Harmony meet-up events.
$45,600 | $10,800 [Amb. Pay] + $7,800 [Online Social Media Events] + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
#2-General Technical Support
Round-1 Prerequisites | Months 1-3
- Publish schedule and agenda for support-focused break-out meetings.
- Identify the recruited general support ambassadors.
- Provide pricing and feature information on the selected ticketing system.
- Document ticket categories
- Methods of communication
- Work with community moderators to identify top-10 redundant questions and issues and determine whether documentation is unavailable, available and updated, or available and out of date.
- Identify and provide a list of GitHub issues to escalate in the first three months.
- Create a Discord channel for support Ambassadors.
$27,966 | $5,400 [Amb. Pay] + $3,150 [Content] + $1,416 [ZenDesk] + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
Round-2 Prerequisites | Months 4-6
- Identify and provide a list of stale online documentation targeted for refresh
- Provide reports on ticket count by category providing the following metrics:
- Mean Time to Acknowledge, Recover, and Restore.
- Provide a list of KB articles (FAQ entries) created in months 1-3.
- Provide a list of any new educational content generated in months 1-3.
- Identify ways to further education in months 4-6.
$26,550 | $5,400 [Amb. Pay] + $3,150 [Content] + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
Round-1 Prerequisites | Months 1-2
- Publish schedule and agenda for meet-up-focused break-out meetings.
- Create and publish a standardized lesson plan to be used in meet-up events.
- Document a process for the purchasing and distribution of merch to ambassadors.
- Determine cities and recruit ambassadors for months 1-2.
$55,000 | Two months of meet-ups in 7 cities + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
Round-2 Prerequisites | Months 3-4
- Refine and publish standardized lesson plans to be used in meet-up events, including translated presentations for international cities included in months 3-4…
- Begin drafting a process to automate our on-boarding of new ambassadors and approval of meet-up events around the world, decreasing the workload for governors and allowing for easier scaling.
- Determine cities and recruit ambassadors for months 3-4.
$87,000 | Two months of meet-ups in 10 US cities, 5 international cities + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
Round-3 Prerequisites | Months 5-6
- Publish information on meet-ups held in months 1-4 including attendee counts, any notable contacts and community partnerships, feedback, any other metrics.
- Publish suggestions for months 5-6 using lessons learned in months 1-4.
- Refine and publish standardized lesson plans to be used in meet-up events, including translated presentations for international cities included in months 5-6.
- Refine ambassador application, on-boarding, and event approval process using talk.harmony. Ensure the process is ready for use by the end of month 6.
- Determine cities and recruit ambassadors for months 5-6.
$127,000 | Two months of meet-ups in 15 US cities, 10 international cities + $27,000 [Gov. Pay]
- Moderator approval rate (determined through quarterly evals) - polls or other means.
- Calculated workload measure based on metrics available.
- Targets will be set after 3 months of the pilot.
- Number of new members vs viewing members.
- Trend community activity by hour of day and day of week, if possible.
- Special event (AMA) participation, if possible.
- Number of unique hits to the subreddit.
- Comments per day. Posts per day.
- Trend community activity by hour of day and day of week.
- Special event (AMA) participation.
Time to first response.
- The time it takes to provide an initial response to the originator of the ticket.
Average ticket resolution time:
- The time it takes to complete a ticket while it is active. This should not count time waiting on responses from escalated issues and note that SLA is not guaranteed.
Customer Score (CSAT): if possible, a polling/survey system where the client can rate the help they received would be ideal.
Number of public-facing documents created / refreshed.
Number of KB articles (FAQ entries) created / updated.
In Person Events
- Quantity of attendees.
- Document the number of attendees by event, event theme, city.
- Document and trend growth of the meet-up groups.
- Exit surveys collected from each of our meet-up events.
- Growth of region-specific Telegram group members where meet-ups are held.
- Region specific contacts for events (A/V, venues, caterers, etc.).
- Build a collection of various VIP contacts.