Thread: Developer Introductions

This bio is way too long. I bet fewer people read it because of that…

2 Likes

Lol … I read it … Great Bio

3 Likes

i read it too. thanks for sharing and looking forward to buidling together!

1 Like

Hello developers, nice to meet you all!

I would like to introduce myself, specially for the ones that don´t know me yet.

My name is Bruno Marshall, I have a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, living in Germany. I’m currently working in the automotive sector, mainly in Additive Manufacturing area, and yes… I can 3D print everything :blush:

why am I here? Long story short, I got involved with harmony back in 2019, crazy times with testing, breaking stuff, running Pangaea, validators, etc… I was involved in testing all possibly scenarios, and I found a special family that we call P-OPS and Harmony.

I would like to contribute to the developer community as a captain or some kind of manager/checking/controlling bounties, I have gained so much experience from the last 2 years with Harmony that i feel that i need to stay involved specially now with the Developer DAO.

I´m the co-founder of several apps on Harmony, some started as hackathons, or even bounties:

I´m currently the manager for this P-OPS Bounties:

-Benefits (on-going)

-Mochi.Market (on-going)

-CoinSpider (on-going)

-SmartStake website metrics website (ready)

-HarmonyHUB App (both iOS and Android version) (ready)

-and many more…

I have created several documentation in Notion/ Gitbook last 2 years, and reported more than 75 issues in github related to Harmony network/apps: BrunoMarshall (Bruno Marshall) / Repositories · GitHub

I´m here to help and support each one of us. You can count on me

Bruno

7 Likes

So glad to have someone like you amongst us!

1 Like

Hi Harmonauts

I am Adam I am from Greece but I live in UK since forever.

Personal Profile

Creative and entrepreneurial leadership. Freelance Project management for construction and creative projects. Entrepreneurial Business, design and delivering, on budget and on time. Action-oriented. Understanding the potential in peoples’ skills, forming collaborations. Resourceful & diverse, professional business and entrepreneurial oriented

Leadership

• Running an EU funded high tech project development leasing with Brussels and 3 European companies. Responsible of the finances and reporting to Brussels our progress. Miltertech Ltd 2M Euro budget
  • Team building and project management to deliver a high-profile regeneration artwork project at Burry
  • Team building and project management to deliver STORE51 project PopUp Retail department store
  • Project managing various building contracts largest was the refurbishment of Nottingham café – design team building project management and delivery
  • CMI Project management level 7 as part of Nottingham Trent University Executive MBA

I Work freelance as lighting designer/ regeneration consultant (work has dried up the last few years :frowning: ).

I have set up an online shop brand DEZIGNE www.dezigne.co.uk
I am working to make the brand the new market place that works on web3. I have started the market place www.market.dezigne.co.uk already accepting crypto (not as good as having Harmony) and will be filled with products by September. I also have set up the largest PopUp Department store in UK called STORE51 (Xmas 2015 project) – there will be more into it but one thing at the time.

I have set up a streaming radio in high quality and occasionally stream on THETA, cool music no ads.
https://studio.dezigne.co.uk/radiopopup.html work in progress all part of the DEZIGNE brand.

I studied Electronic Engineering BEng, MSc in Telecommunications and DSP and very recently I finished an Executive MBA with Distinction :blush: !. My dissertation was on the future of retail although I wish it was on the blockchain payments but can’t do everything lol.

Now, I am looking the Harmony Blockchain and how it can have commensal applications run on it.

I am not a full-on developer like writing code etc however I have programmed for 5 years in C++ for embedded firmware for fibre optic TX/RX hardware. Out of necessity I know my way around HTML and WooCommerce. I have set up my GitHub and forked a project but not sure what to do with it.

Well I understand how modules work and can bring them together to make websites and commercial applications. I will call myself creative entrepreneurial project manager lol

I can work my way around Linux and had set up recording studio Linux based PCs to sell them

I also take good photos and minting NFTs on Davinci.

I know crypto since bitcoin was invented. I didn’t get any at that time Agggrr. In 2018 I was going to set up a mining station. I nearly fried 2 PCs ang their GPUs I didn’t make anything and left it due to my MBA studies. Just over a year ago I came back to crypto but this time from a different angle and fresh financial knowledge.

I am learning the ins & outs of DEXs, wallets and commercial high street exchanges. I constantly listening Devs discussions even if I don’t understand detailed technical terms.
Looking Social media discussions and researching projects.

I am looking working on innovative commercial applications.

So, I found Harmony WOW!! I can play at last and experiment with payments NFTs etc without costing a fortune!

I want to create collaborations and build a team. I want to build an innovative business creating web2-web3 protocols and transaction solutions, Payment apps like PayPal and Stripe or offer them the protocol that is web2-web3 interposable. Use of NFTs as currency part payment etc.

Make payments with crypto as simple as existing payment methods including EPOS machines and accounting software.

I thinking big commercial applications and I would like to project manage and test as well as work on the presentation and UI design and marketing.

Also, I would like to create dedicated tokens on Harmony to launch 2 ICOs one for DEZIGNE and one for the apps company and attract big investment

Did I mention the space project :blush: LOL no seriously… but one thing at the time.

Let’s start, one thing at the time.

Nothing speaks better that actually showcasing that crypto works and is not a “mythical asset”.

I want to do something very simple and boost it out there, literally a marketing project that works on everyday life so “Joe public” can use easily crypto.

I forked an existing crypto getaway pay (open source) for WooCommerce. First, I want to strip all other blockchains and tokens and have only Harmony.

Stage 1 to look and function for Harmony and harmony tokens with possibly auto-settlement on one stable coin or an exchange wallet.

I need to link with someone with PHP knowledge and knows Harmony blockchain. I am pretty sure Stage 1 is 1-2 days work and about a week me testing it. Once ready I will set it up on Dezigne Market and off we go!!.
I want to put a dead line the latest end of August 2021 for this. I want to capture the early Xmas trade.
I believe this will be a great marketing for all.

The developer that made the original app is not interested and I asked around the crypto community but only 2 presented themselves as “tech gurus” tried to scam me so I need you Harmony Fam!

I would like Harmony team to help set up a bounty and I am happy to contribute $200. I don’t have spare money but I put my money where my mouth is :blush:. Although, I need to pay my bills but at the same time I want things to happen. Next stop full payment system and the “Wall Street protocol”

I am considering for a Dev Captain application I will see.

Generally, I can offer 10h a week for Harmony and potentially full time working on projects.

With Harmony’s help and bounties, I want to set up an innovative business.

I think this is enough I hope I make sense just ask my anything you wish and let’s start talking Harmony Fam :blush:

To the moon…

My light sculpture to commemorate the 50ys of the moon landing outside the Nottingham Castle next to the Robbin Hood statue

Have a Good Day all

4 Likes

I read it all :slight_smile: nice one :+1:

1 Like

great to meet you. let’s chat more - you can get in touch with us via my telegram: t.me/lijiang2087

1 Like

:wave::vulcan_salute:
Hi everyone, my name is Dylan Kawalec, I own a brand Holdings Company named Chaotic Beauty. I started this brand Holdings company with the intention of creating DAO’s with assets such as developer tools, coins, collectibles and other web2/web3 applications.

aboutMe
I’ve been trading in crypto for 5 years, and did not start developing smart contracts until this year, 2021.
While attending University in Computer Science, I had to look for industries of interest, and blockchain was my favorite. I always loved working with large communities and staying active In creative way. Blockchain & harmony offers this, since the chain is so new. I was a professional actor for years before I was a programmer. I have a love for making content that focuses on my audiences needs before my own, which was what I learned while working as a stage actor.

In my professional career, I teach Python, Javascript and c++ , and have created lesson plans for solidity. I intend to teach the youth of the world how to develop programs of the future.

I excel at

• Python, Golang, Java and partially Solidity. Technical documentation. Conceptual design. Market research. Application design. Branding for start ups.

Applications on Harmony

Bounty Support

• EasyNode - validator set up CLI kit, node monitoring tool for harmony Validators. I helped earn the application community grant funding ($2,000)

Creative projects

• Real Fungible Tokens : This was my first pitch to The Harmony team and I was really happy to see so much support from so many people. I created a twitch and bought 10,000 tree seeds for a single NFT to plant harmomy trees for each NFT sold. The legalities of planting trees surfaced, so now I’m partnering with 8BillionTrees.org to plant them and do a live stream of when the donation happens.

• RNG NFT Albums : I’m working with I Set My Friends On Fire and my Producer friend to release a Full Audio/Art NFT album on Harmony. I intend to do this with other musicians as well.

What would I like to bring to Harmony?
I’m making a best attempt to invite over 100 new developers into the harmony Ecosystem, since the harmony team is seeking at least 1000 within the next year.

Preparation
We’ve started setting up live Blockchain Education events in downtown San Francisco, deeming the Atlas Cafe as a Crytpo Cafe with a group called the Shadowy Coders. My team of programmers started a DAO called the Bridge Builders, aimed at bringing Developers/Company’s and community members together to find teams, build projects, get funding from our existing sponsors to release final products on the Harmony blockchain.

We’ve creating a solid set of lesson plans to show brand new developers how to launch NFTs, Cryptocurrencies, dapps and other kinds of smart contracts. We have guides to set up your blockchain environment in under 30 minutes, to make web3 a user friendly experience. We have a 1 hour lecture that breaks down the entire ethereum documentation to understand the EVM, since it is imbedded into the Harmony Blockchain. We’ve spent many months developing this and we are finally ready to present it to a fresh set of eyes. We already have university’s asking my team to attend our classes as a field trip to learn everything blockchain, Harmony of course will be the headliner of the event :grin:

@%#%@&#%@^@&%@^@&%#%#^@&@%#%#^@
I’m happy to be here in this community. Every second with you guys on Twitter, in person and over chat has been badass. I know we are all passionate about the project and only hope to see it succeed.

One for all :star2:

1 Like

Hi all,

You may remember me from my time at Harmony, here’s a copy of my background

John Whiton has been passionate about software and technology since high school. He graduated from the University of Queensland in Computer Science and travelled globally leading the design and development of many Service Oriented Architectures. He has built private permissioned blockchains on Ethereum and Hypersphere Fabric, grew the ecosystem for a public blockchain at Harmony. He has worked extensively with decentralized financial protocols, bringing a unique perspective by combining his extensive corporate experience with IBM, SAP, Deloitte and KPMG with the disruptive financial models being developed on blockchain.

John has over 20 years of experience. An early entrepreneur, he founded his own consultancy firm which he grew to $800k in revenues and ran from 2000-2009. One of his former clients, EFI ($1.6 billion market cap) brought him on as a Manager in Enterprise Systems Architecture where he remained for 6 years. The next stage of John’s career brought him to Blockchain where he was CTO for Loyyal (BaaS company) and an Ecosystem Architect at Harmony. At Harmony, John helped launch the Mainnet while also being intimately involved with hiring decisions and business strategy.

Since April 2020, John has worked as a founder providing strategy, design and building out DeFi infrastructure including Parachains and Trading Protocols on Polkadot and Solidity Based DeFi applications across multiple chains.

So my main interest in getting involved is helping people and myself grow and succeed.

Recently I’ve been working on a multichain DeFi app which has been launched on harmony and building out some DeFi infrastructure on Polkadot.

I’ll have bandwidth for 4 to 16 hours per week.

Looking forward to DAOing it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great bio my dude. You have a tonne of experience and cover many valuable areas of knowledge. Scream it from the rooftops, do what your name says, stay LOUD! :metal:

2 Likes

hey, John do you have 30 minutes to share your experience with me? I’m brand new to Harmony and am trying to make a mindmap to help myself navigate what the project scope of launching and building on harmony would look like. I have 2 or 3 solid ideas taken to the point of just needing a developer’s bird’s eye view. Hope to hear from you soon

just spent quite some time exploring all the links you posted! thank you :slight_smile: I’m brand new to Harmony and am trying to make a mindmap to help myself navigate what the project scope of launching and building on harmony would look like. I have 2 or 3 solid ideas taken to the point of just needing someone who has an awesome bird’s eye view of things. Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks for all the links you included! gonna be looking through all of it over the next few days. Bruno, is there any chance you have 30 minutes to spare to help the new kid on the block? I’m trying to make a mindmap of what taking my ideas and non-for-profit initiatives in the “real-verse” to the Harmony-Verse look like.

Hi. Im a dentist and a an epidemiologist from India. I have an idea that may help lot people in various ways in healthcare. Im not familiar with the technology of developing parallel block chain. Can someone guide

Hellow! My name is Lucas Pacheco and I’ve been a web developer for about 5 years now. But for my whole life, I’ve been interested in tech and programming in general.

I mostly use MacOS and ARCH (btw) Linux as daily drivers.

I learned about harmony through my roommate. He went to the Ethereum Rio event that took place i guess on march/22 (?) and was already involved in crypto and DAOS. He has a project with Harmony (i think).

I don’t have any project or anything remotely related to WEB3, but I’m here looking for more information and to start to learn about this whole thing.

My experience is mostly with private companies in the financial sector and I’m currently also working for a startup that helps small bakeries bulk purchase supplies and have better negotiation options.

Because of that, my time is pretty limited, so I’m having at most, 4 hours a day to study crypto and WEB3 in general.

If you are a new Developer, feel free to checkout and get engaged with the Harmony Developer DAO
We are supporting you if you have any questiona and are working on learning materials. You can also participate in a growing community of developers :blue_heart:

Discord: Harmony Developer DAO
Telegram: Telegram: Join Group Chat
Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmony_dev_dao