Hey Fellow Validators!
While many call me Hank, I am Coinkin, a member of the HTC team. This is my candidacy for the Validator DAO.
I’d like to take the time to review the VDAO mandates and my comments about them.
1. Decentralization : bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles
- Many of the new validators, I helped with setting them up by providing step by step walk throughs with explanations of each step. My goal is to not only have new validators onboard but also have them understand the whole process of setting up a validator server. Even with Patrick EZ Node Validator 's new installer, I want to continue to help new and old validators with any questions they have about either process.
- If a validator needs advice or has questions, I answer the question or find the answer. Many validators have asked me questions about how to build a community, how to setup a redundant server, how bidding works, etc.
- I also advise new validators by sharing our experiences regarding what works and what doesn’t work from cloud services to marketing to building communities.
2. Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling
- More can be done to improve the security of Harmony’s Validators. Many validators could benefit with assistance in setting up 2FA, SSH hardening and firewall protocols. I would like to improve the Harmony Docs in terms of increasing security. Better validator security will help make Harmony even better.
- My plan would be to update the Harmony Docs to include different/better monitoring tools. It is important for validators to know when something goes wrong asap.
3. Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements
- I didn’t know this was mandate but I was already encouraging new unelected validators to vote. That was something that wasn’t very clear to me as a new validator that even though I was unelected, I could still vote.
- My plan is to also be open and available for discussions regarding proposals and facilitate them as requested.
Thank for reading. If you have any further questions or comments let me know. I look forward to being abled to work with the other council members in achieving the VDAO mandates. If not, I of course will help in any way I am able.
Thank you for considering my candidacy!