Captain's Lounge Validator - by Sev [unelected]

Validator Name

Captain’s Lounge Validator

Staking Profile

Link to Staking Profile

Commission %

Currently the following commission schedule is planned:
0% (First 100 epochs, starting after first time elected)
5%

Infrastructure Setup

Currently my server setup is on Digital Ocean:
4vCPUs / 8GB RAM / 80GB + 500GB

Databases are stored on the external drive.
When it’s feasible I want to expand to a backup VPS.

About Me

Currently the team is only I, Sev. I’m in Harmony since around February,
and was part of the Developer Captain’s since the program started in June and got
successfully elected as a Governor of the Deverloper DAO
You can read more about me here:

Around February I got into crypto and wanted to run a node on any blockchain to generate some passive income, but all projects I found were too expensive to start with. Then I watched a video by CoinBureau about Harmony One and the validator cost were feasible. So I joined the community with the goal to run a validator in the long run.

With my website I want to create an onboarding hub for everybody, and in particular providing information also in German. To show people how to setup their wallets for staking and e.g. provide a button to automatically install/configure MetaMask for Harmony. Also I created a discord server to discuss validator proposals with my delegators.

Thank you for this opportunity,
Greetings,
Sev

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I/We have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s [Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking]

Switched to a new account on the forum. Just leave this to get notified if anything is happening :slight_smile: