Thread: Developer Introductions

Hi everybody,

my name is Severin, I’m a Software Engineer from Germany. I got a Master’s Degree in Computer
Science and I am working as a Developer since 3 years. I’m a Full Stack developer and I am always excited about new technologies. Working mainly with Vue, Javascript and Node, but I have also good experience in C# and Unity3d. I also worked with Python, Java and C(++).

Since my teenage years I’m interested in Graphic Design and therefore I’m a quite decent designer.

Blockchain

I was aware of the Cryptocurrency Space since around 2012 and also ‘started’ to mine Bitcoin for like 10 minutes (I think the program didn’t even work :smiley: ). But I was not convinced with the technology and forgot about it.

Then for a long time the topic popped up shortly and I forgot about it. I never took a deep-dive into etherum, as I (falsly) assumed it was just a Bitcoin clone.

At the start of this year I wanted to deep-dive into machine-learning and AI and was looking for a real world use-case for such a program. I wanted to create a Trading-Bot and because Crypto is way more acessible than the stock markets, it was a logical choice.

But then I got hooked by the technology of the 3rd gen Cryptocrrencies.
And here I am. I really like the approach harmony is taking to “bringing the best research to market”
beeing a ‘silent leader’ in many regards. The community is awesome and I really like the developer ‘on-boarding’ you guys are doing lately.

How I want to get involved

I’m still learning the harmony toolkit and I take part in the Gitcoin bounties.
Im already planing to create a simple DApp, but not anytime soon.

Working part-time and beeing a part-time freelancer my time is quite limited and I’ll
use 0-16h a week to engage with harmony. Shifting some freelancer work towards harmony.

Was nice meeting you all yesterday and I’m looking forward for the next meetings.
Have a good week!

Cheers,
Severin

6 Likes