Introduce yourself here

**We’ve been working on a great proposal, can’t wait to share it with everybody! **

2 Likes

Hi there all you Harmony fans :wave: Great to see the life in this thread. I think good things are ahead for Harmony.
I am born and raised in Canada. I really enjoy outdoor sports like :skier: :woman_climbing: but a car crash messed me up enough to stop flying and sports. Over the last couple years I learned about crypto. First when managing my meager investments. The high yields were appealing but the freedom, security and strength of the new blockchain networks blew my mind.! :exploding_head: I believed right away they would change the world significantly. I dropped just about everything else to focus on cryptoeconomics.

When I read the whitepaper for Bitcoin I got very excited. The empowerment of the population in an almost unstoppable roll-out is thrilling to think about and even more to participate in! I have always enjoyed learning about alternative societies, lived in an eco-village for a year, and since young I have disliked capitalism due to its glaring defects and race-to-the-bottom destruction of the planet in the name of corporate greed. We don’t need to accept the paradigm. New tech is making our societies more equitable and fair for everyone. Redistributing wealth to the many. I love it. We can build the world we wish to live in.

I briefly got swept up in the tsunami of greed. It didn’t take long before I realized chasing five digit APYs left me feeling hollow inside. I started looking for projects aligned with my values and found myself involved in the early stages of creating a UBI project. I offered to write copy for the project and was accepted. The project was changing lives and we were forming a DAO when it fell apart. This lead me to DaoHaus and a shift in focus to human coordination.

Adrift with no project I came by Metagame,Sourcecred and DaoHaus. Then I ended up here somehow. I already like the sense of community, and the explicit guidelines and rules designed to maintain a civilized atmosphere. I am getting that excited feeling. I now understand some of the difference between the Binance Smart Chain and other networks.

I’m not a programmer but I am slowly learning. With my mobility reduced by some crushed nerves plus covid I found new freedom and new frontiers through my computer. Until my mad-hacker skills develop I will assist the community however I can. I enjoy writing and bringing communities together.

Looking forward to working with everyone to spread some Harmony love.

2 Likes

Hi guys
My name is Nikita
I’m digital advertisement manager 30 y.o.

​​​​I became interested in crypto nearly 2 months ago. At first sight, it may be very late, but enough time to learn more.

Now I’m contributing to marscolony.io and we are looking for beta testers who will appreciate the game logic and give us feedback.

I would be grateful for any information where I can find beta testers.

If some of you want to be testers - please fill in the form
And join our Discord.

3 Likes

Hey, hi, hello! :wave:

My name is Cassy and I’m sure excited to be here!

1. My best pal is my rescue pup named Eevee. She’s a Yorkshire terrier, a yorkie, so she’s her own unique breed as I call her a Yorkiémon :paw_prints:

2. I will actively utilize all my superpower skills to help contribute to the community. As of right now they consist of- thinking out of the box with a diplomatic perspective, people op’s/community support/active listening/problem solving, creating art/marketing material, writing, and most importantly the desire to be able to learn from others and give back to the community.

3. Harmony can help me achieve my dreams by remaining true to their cause! As an individual with a disability I have discovered that there are indeed large barriers to overcome for creative minds who truly want to get involved to make their project ideas a reality. Harmony is working to help bridge this gap to help aid mainstream adoption in turn creating a more fair, balanced, equal society.
    That is my dream! I hope to help to play a role in bridging that gap by continuing to learn, participate, have the opportunity to work with the community to turn my ideas into a reality, and then pay it forward to help others.

4 Likes

Hello everyONE!
My name is Austin and I’m a core member of Hermes Defi, a cross-chain defi platform launching on Harmony in the coming weeks. One memorable thing about me is that I am actually a Bioinformatician. My love for the complexity and simplicity of biology mixed with programming and big data has led me down a very interesting career path!
I want to contribute to the Harmony Ecosystem by making your money work for you. As a core principle of DeFi, this is something that I think a lot about to make sustainable systems that grow wealth fairly and easily for everyone.
I’d love to hear from the community what needs they have in the DeFi space. My team is passionate about transparency, and we would love to generate new systems that can address those needs. Feel free to DM me here or visit our discord (Hermes Defi).

8 Likes

Hi All,
I’m John AKA WarTech. I’m a software developer, entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast. I am currently working on a social platform Chedda, which is made up of a dappstore, NFT market and rewards platform. We are looking to bring it to the Harmony ONE network.

I’m looking to connect with like minded people in the Harmony ONE Community. Feel free to connect on here on on Discord.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

We’re finally on this forum! Our apologies to members of the #OneCanFam who were sorely missing our presence.

For those of you who don’t know us, we’re the Harmony One x Toucan NFT project … or OneCans (hehe get it)! Since early September our team has cultivated a beautiful community of just under 1k twitter followers and 350 discord members. Very shortly, we will launch the next phase of our project known as The Island :desert_island: … in which you’ll be greeted with interactive lore and upcoming use cases for your OneCan! At the moment, we have just over 6,800/10,000 OneCans minted. So, visit https://onecan.one/ and join the #OneCanFam if you want! For more detailed info, please visit our Medium page in which we post weekly updates :blush: https://onecan.medium.com/

Links to OneCan Media:
Discord: OneCans
Telegram: Telegram: Contact @OneCans
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OneCanNFT

5 Likes

Hi - Delighted to be here and part of this community - Shout out from Ireland

Something memorable - Well I have 110K+ Students on Udemy and I have been awarded MVP from Microsoft 2 years in a row and now I am winding down my existing online business to move fully into the blockchain space. This is me https://www.udemy.com/user/paulaguilfoyle/ and so is this https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulaGuilfoyle-theexcelclub/videos and this is my website https://theexcelclub.com/

How and what can I contribute - passion, commitment, sharing, helping, organising, taking part, supporting others, creator, networker, web3 advocate :slight_smile: Loving blockchain since 2016

How can you help my dreams - Oh I am so excited about the projects I am working on, but I am going to keep you in suspense, let’s say we can help each other and hopefully have an everlasting partnership :smiley:

7 Likes

Hi !
I’ m Othman originally from morocco, but I’m living in Montreal; French side of Canada, I’m running actually a validator Africa.one. I m in love with blockchain technology and all vision, philosophy behind it. Harmony is my family, my life and my dreams.Running Africa.one is my way to contribute in building a decentralized world, supporting our project Harmony and try to help African communities. In decentralized world we support and help each other .
cheers

4 Likes

Hello this is an assist for @Dayzinn who has been a member for over a year and would like to help help web3 development more accessible @harmony_dev_dao @eddnorris

1 Like

Hello all :slight_smile: Exciting time here in harmony I would love to explore more with the harmony community and add any additional support.

Please tag me in any events or any web seminar / meetup

My journey started in December of 2020 I knew of the blockchain but never really took part in it
but what got me hook to this crypto is the community . The endless support from the discord and telegram . Major claps to @Maffaz for getting me on board and help me with metamask . During 2021 i start to invest and learn more about harmony . I found out so much information and other platform thats building on Harmony . That Spring, I won a contest on Discord for Harmony 2nd anniversary . @HarmonyDragon i still have the shirt in a picture frame.

I am a Dreamer

@Krypto_Kakashi thanks

also I Am a Artist that write poetry and love taking pictures

7 Likes

Great to see you here dude!

1 Like

Hey everyone!

My name is Rieki and I’ve been helping build decentralised economic and governance systems for over 4 years now and LOVE what Harmony is up to.

I was fortunate to meet several of your community builders in Bali and the genuine connection and focus there has encouraged me to come introduce myself to this wonderful community!

My goal is to build regenerative economic systems and villages using Web3 technology to help scale our efforts here.

You can see more about what I’ve been up to here:

My goal is to merge the ecosystems I’ve been building in

Hypha.earth and Joinseeds.earth with Harmony so we can move faster together :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Kia Ora.

I’m Brad, Coming at you from New Zealand. Come and say hi, my door is always open! (but please wear a mask and stay 2m away, then should be pretty safe given the good ventilation from the door always being open)

Still fairly new to web3… and web2… actually, even web1 and web0, now that I think of it.

I created Good Times Coin, to bring the Good Times back after “the year that must not be named”.

I’ve got a few ideas rattling round in the old brain so I’m joining this community to say hi and hopefully get them going.

2 Likes

I love me some GTC. Great to see you here Brad, all those NFTs are hilarious :smiley:

Hey Harmonauts,

I hail from OpenSwap, we are always busy building and coming up with something new and different, lots of things are in the works and while we cannot claim to be majorly successful yet, we have managed to stay afloat and are surviving time and time again against all odds. We have the trust of the community and users, and we are really happy to have such strong believers in our project. It makes us believe in our project even more. Real-world application of DeFi and its services is what we roughly strive for. Can’t wait the moments we deliver it all!

2 Likes

Hello, Marius du Plessis here, or MDP as I’m called.

I am from Namibia, the southern point of Africa and a big Harmony fan and see a big future for us as community.

1 Like

Welcome @MDP glad to have you here.

thanks Kenny my man.

How can I get more involved?

1 Like
  1. my name isn’t Jesse… It’s Jess-eh.
  2. I’m looking to contribute to the growth of collaborating with like-minded individuals who relate to these 2 things: 1. Use GameFi as a medium to increase Blockchain adoption, improve pet owners’ lives along with their fluffy little felines, and create educational opportunities within the blockchain space. 2. open to sharing ideas and putting in the effort to let creativity lead the way.
  3. Drop a comment on this post if you’re looking to grow and learn about gameFi :slight_smile: if this post isn’t for you can you give this post a like for getting this far?
4 Likes

pictures of Namibia look great. What kind of future do you see?