MarsColony 👽 - play to earn, colonization game-fi with full community control [Approved]

MarsColony

Play to earn, colonization game-fi with full (100%) token allocation to the community

Proposal overview

Mars Colony is a colonization framework built into a multi-planet Metaverse starting from Mars that connects gamified concept with elements of DAO, DeFi, and NFT enabling fair power distribution and decision-making process within one Colony.

MarsColony provides its users a unique opportunity to join the project as early settlers, claim land, and start building the Colony, earning CLNY tokens.

Launch stages

1. Initial NFT Land claiming where users will be able to claim a land plot on Mars to become first settlers
  2. Power accumulation, where settlers will start earning and minting Colony’s governance tokens (CLNY)
  3. Economy & governance, where the governance tokens gain decision-making power and economic value
  4. Play to Earn, where settlers will be able to engage in an economic battle to grow Colony and earn

Important: 100% of the minted NFT Land & CLNY tokens will be controlled by the community members directly or via DAO. For details check out the article Tokenomic →

Proposal ask

Since its inception, MarsColony project was established to be community-driven and self-funded. We are on the finish line of the launch project on the mainnet, and are seeking funds to facilitate development and gain early traction.

We are looking for $50k worth of ONE, which should be split into portions and released by milestones:

Milestone Tranche
Launching game contracts on a test-net (NFT land minting, land upgrading, CLNY minting) $10k
After forming a DAO with multisig (ideally 5-out-of-9 ) $10k
After launching MarsColony on the Harmony mainnet with audit $10k
After 1K daily active users (with video launch, full PR promotion) $10k
After 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process $10k

How funds will be utilized:

Metrics for success

We believe that the biggest value of MarsColony is the community, who are at the same time users, investors, players. Within the first year of Colony, we aim to reach 21,000 monthly active members (players)

The world is unpredictable, so we have two growth plans for both cases: if the Launch event is Successful or Unsuccessful. Growth strategy and efforts will be different for both options, but both targets are more than achievable.

Succesfull Launch Event Unsuccesfful Launch Event
KPI: N of Users KPI: N of Users Month
1180 10 Month 1
1534 20 Month 2
1994 40 Month 3
2592 80 Month 4
3370 160 Month 5
4381 320 Month 6
5696 640 Month 7
7404 1280 Month 8
9626 2560 Month 9
12513 5120 Month 10
16267 10240 Month 11
21147 20480 Month 12

Our public road map

Gaining experience

Objective Date Status
Forum launch Jun 2021 Done
Landing page launch Aug 2021 Done
Land NFT minting contract (on BSC) v1 Sep 2021 Done
Web app alpha version launch Sep 2021 Done
CLNY Tokenomic Sep 2021 Done
Land NFT minting contract v2 Sep 2021 Done
Gamification concept v1 Oct 2021 Done

Colonizing Harmony blockchain

Objective Date Status
MarsColony landing page v2 Nov 2021 Done
Web App beta version release Dec 2021 In progress
NFT Land + Improvements + CLNY minting contracts (test net) Dec 2021 In progress
NFT Land + Improvements + CLNY minting contracts (mainnet) Dec 2021 Todo
CLNY token listing on Sushiswap Dec 2021 Todo
Liquidity mining contract Feb 2021 Todo
Stage 2: Game Story Feb 2021 Todo

Governance

Objective Date Status
Getting first colony governors Dec 2021 In progress
Setting up multisig Dec 2021 To do
Governance framework Feb 2022 Todo
Releasing treasury fund to CLNY holders Upon DAO’s decision Todo

External links

1. Colony WP →
  2. Tokenomic →
  3. Web APP → (try it on app.marscolony.io or see below screenshots of the MVP)

Screenshots of current Web app (alpha version):

1. Connect wallet

1. Choose the land plot you want to claim by navigating the map

1. Claim your NFT land

1. Upgrade your land (design)

Mainnet ETA

Mainnet launch and the first NFT Land distribution event will take place in Dec 2021 via Mars Colony web app → . Stay tuned

We are actively looking for more members and active contributors to join MarsColony :blue_heart:

Justification

MarsColony has a unique advantage that will allow One users to fully govern the project, earn CLNY tokens, and receive extra rewards for purchasing the upgrades (building on land).

Core contributors

16 Likes

Hey everyone!
This is Eugene, I’m a product lead @MarsColony. I look forward to hearing your feedback and happy to answer any questions.

10 Likes

So much yes. This looks great, this is now making me want to jump into the BSC version too :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit - Then I see the plot prices :open_mouth: Have you had any thoughts on the Harmony plot prices?

Hey @NetworkNotFound thank you for the feedback) I am really happy that you found it exciting. To be honest, personally, I can’t wait until the contracts are deployed to start my own colony :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon:

BSC contracts are not active. Please do not claim them.
It was the first version of our contracts and from the game perspective, they are outdated. I do recommend you to wait until we upgrade and re-deploy them. Claimed NFT pieces will be migrated to new contracts.

The price is not finalized yet, but we think about 250 ONE per one plot for early supporters and 500 ONE for those who will want to join MarsColony when it’s already established.

@NetworkNotFound we would love to hear your thoughts on how many ONE tokens should be worth one plot? :thinking:

2 Likes

Approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out on the with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

4 Likes

I think your right on the money with around the 200-500 mark for the quantity of available land. I would feel comfortable buying a couple of plots. There are lots of NFT projects, some with utility and some without that have far less total supply and are struggling to sell them all. The cost is a hard one.

But it’s a fantastic idea and I can’t wait to see some videos on how it’s all going to work.

Grats on the instant approval!

Edit: Also would be happy to jump on testnet and have a play. I usually do with most projects if it’s available.

1 Like

Wow, that was fast! The proposal was approved within 24 hours :blue_heart: Thank you :blue_heart:

Do you guys have a betta tester community that we can collaborate with? :thinking: Or what is the best place to announce the testnet release?

Is that mean that we can start talking with the first 9 governors?

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. What about the idea if we set up two variables for discount, by time and by amount. How many pieces do you think should be sold with the bottom price and how many with high price ?

:blue_heart:

Hey, are you going cross-chain, or will Harmony be the only chain for MarsColony deployment?

1 Like

Let’s link on Telegram so we can discuss things like KYC, fund distribution schedule, etc. See the Telegram link above. You’re certainly encouraged to continue using this thread to discuss with the community, and most definitely for sharing updates and offering transparency on the project. Please see your messages.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @shestov as you see we have deployed some contracts on BSC earlier, but it’s on pause not. For now, the priority is to launch the game on Harmony and gain real users in Colony.

Obviously, the future is multichain, and Colony Settlers could be deployed on chains where MarsColony gets user interest.

Responded :wink:

2 Likes

I would like to participate in beta testing. Are there any Social channels where I can follow you guys?

1 Like

Thank you for your interest in the project. Feel free to follow our telegram and/or twitter channels

2 Likes

Hey Martians

We are going to launch MarsColony on test net and looking for beta testers!

Claim your land plot, build improvements.

Benefits

1. Unique opportunity to test out interface and learn the functionality.

2. Direct contribution to product development.

The most active testers will be eligible to claim a piece of land on the mainnet. The exact list of Airdropped NFT will be defined during the testing process.

What need to do:

1. Join our Discord

2. Fill in the contact form

Beсome the first to try our new gamified concept on Harmony.

5 Likes

Hey Martians! MarsColony testnet is live!

100 NFT Land plots will be distributed to beta testers :money_mouth_face:

Join us

1. App for testing —>

2. Instruction for beta testers —>

3. Tutorials —>

Together we can colonize the world :rocket:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this here @Nikita_live. Can the team please post to the official Discord, Reddit, and Telegram communities for maximum exposure? The post should introduce the community to the project, speaking to what it’s about (since most of our wallets/holders are not on this forum), and invite them to the testnet beta.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I think your project will bring Nice Gamifi & after trying the test environment I’m very confident that the community will give feedback as it is a really attractive project.
I’ll be around helping, testing,… Anything the team would need. Marketing, Social Network… Holler and I’ll be there trying to help.
Congrats on such a great project, idea, and good-looking first feeling.
Let’s rock in the Harmony Mars Land.

4 Likes

Congratulations!!! you guys shoudl come to one of our Africa meet-ups and explain your project. Great success story!! :slight_smile:

I just bought my three plots!

1 Like

Thanks, sure. We want to tell more people about MarsColony.

2 Likes

Hey guys, we just reached our first two milestones needed for the grant. Details here First two milestones are reached - Mars Colony

3 Likes