Harmony Builders and Creators Day in Kyiv, Ukraine

Name of Event/Project

Harmony builders and creators day
Kyiv, Ukraine
02/19/2022

Proposal overview

Since December 2021 there were 8 approved grantees that have teams/team-members based in Ukraine.

source link ONERuDAO - a community type of a DAO for the ru-speaking cryptans - #23 by nickv

Majority of these teams have already started implementation for grant’s milestones, some of them even ready to the public launch of a full-featured products on the harmony mainnet.

Following this, there’s a request to organise an off-line meet-up showcasing features of our grantees on harmony to the wide community. Each team’s representative will give a speech for the community about their product and how and why they decided to go with harmony.

The goal of the meet-up to focus on the community of developers, entrepreneurs and creators from Ukraine to make them apply for more grants and brining new best projects to harmony mainnet.

Proposal ask

Organizers of each event follow our templates to bring in new builders. Harmony has success with Gitcoin, DoraHacks, ETH Global and DevPost with $2M+ campaigns. We recommend hosting our own quarterly hackathons with $1M prizes each, sponsoring $100K workshops for industry-wide conferences, giving $50K keynotes in regional events, and empowering 100 local organizers – with $1K budget for a 20-attendee 2-speaker event, or $5K for 50 with 4 speakers, and $10K for 100 with a co-sponsor.
harmony.one/apply

# special purpose expenditures funds
1 venue for 300 ppl $4500
2 video support for the event $1000
3 swag * $800
4 snacks and beverages $2500
5 press wall $500
6 reserve (promo campaigns, cash withdrawal fee) $700
Total $10 000

/* - t-shirts: 100 pcs $8/item;

Metrics for success

built on top of harmony porjects (speakers) participating: 6 - 10;

atendees: 300+;

External links

meetup.rudao.one

6 Likes

Hey, I am Andriy from Allbridge, would be happy to attend the event and speak there

3 Likes

Great initiative @nickv !
I would be happy to attend on behalf of @DaVinciDAO - RU speaking space has a great potential :ok_hand::blue_heart:

3 Likes

CyberGothica team will be there!

3 Likes

We will be happy to share with other participants and show the progress of Tower of Babel !

3 Likes

@nickv thanks for the invitation! The bRing team is going to be right there to show our unwavering support for ONERuDAO and :harmony: Harmony! :blue_heart:

1 Like

this event has been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

2 Likes

Congratulations, this should be a great event!
Will attend it in person and will invite friends

2 Likes

Congratulations, our Trustee Wallet team will be there too.

2 Likes

our update on the event

1. registration is live https://meetup.rudao.one/;

2. venue is secured, 10% pre-payment done

1 Like

this was an amazing event with more than 300 ppl came there! i’m really excited for such a huge interest to harmony and its ecosystem growth in eastern europe

have a look how it was and join us for the next meetings!

full video is here Harmony Developers and Creators Day - YouTube

3 Likes

@nickv Thank you for this event, it was a perfect day! I think that now more people in Ukraine will know about Harmony and we will also promote this in Trustee Wallet.

5 Likes

Very cool event!
I was pleasantly impressed by the number of the young and talented guys running their projects, learning Harmony and trying to create something brand new.
This is a great achievement for the Ukrainian market!

1 Like