Minority Programmers DAO

Doing our tokenomics workshop with H.E.R. DAO in 3 hours https://twitter.com/minorityprogram/status/1502299553961320457

1 Like

For those who want to join, fill out this form https://forms.gle/GGAryj4XP1eUnebL8

Just filled up the joining form. Really excited for what’s next :grinning:

1 Like

when is genadrop coming on harmony?

1 Like

EVM implementation coming soon! Maybe 1-2 months until alpha version

1 Like

H.E.R. x Minority NFT Drop going toward Web3 womxn developers scholarships is dropping on March 31st! herdrop.com

1 Like

HER DAO drop tomorrow to fund womxn in Web3 travel scholarshpis. Check out the twitter spaces today in 25 minutes https://twitter.com/_HerDAO/status/1509204913326379010

1 Like

RSVP Link to NFT Gallery today for the H.E.R. x MINORITY NFT Collection https://par.tf/T5Zk

1 Like

Hello, @minorityprogrammers and forgive Harmony and myself that nobody has gotten to this proposal yet!

Thank you much for bringing this to Harmony and congratulations on all the success the DAO has seen so far. Consider me, @frwrdslosh, your contact for this DAO proposal.

You’ve already accomplished a great deal. I would like to point the DAO and the author of the proposal to Harmony’s DAO Funding Guidelines. Please note, that a DAO proposal cannot be considered for approval until it meets the necessary criteria:

1. Mandates: 3 mandates. Specific. Precise. Each mandate to have two sub-clauses to provide further clarification on these mandates. All three mandates and their sub-clauses should fit within a tweet.
    1. EXAMPLES:

Developer DAO:
      Support -
      Resolve daily issues on forums & channels, drive weekly meeting agenda
      Bounties - Prioritize bugs & features with task management & contributor retention
      Advocacy - Hold workshops & events, content marketing with talks & blogs

Basic DAO:
      Timesheets -
      Help contributors track work hours & deliverables in public
      Payroll - Setup paid challenges, wallets, streaming payments & taxes
      Reviews - Follow up performance feedback for bonus or penalty, rage quits, or kicks.

2. Deliverables: Looking forward for the next 3 months only, identify key deliverables directly tied to the mandates of your DAO that you will be focused on accomplishing. Be specific. Chart, in steps, how you will get from where you start to delivering your goal.
  3. Metrics: Quantifiable and verifiable. List the “stretch goal” metrics that you and your DAO will be using to measure your impact in furthering your mandate. Low bars of success indicate a certain level of disengagement, while high bars and stretch goals indicate confidence in yourself and your community to accomplish that about which you are passionate.
  4. Signatories: List the 9 signatories that will start your DAO. NOTE: As we have said in the DAO Funding Guidelines (Guidelines for Harmony Grants) being a signatory is not about having a part-time job. Think about your three mandates and try to find passionate individuals that have the skillset and expertise to help you accomplish those goals.
  5. Gnosis Safe Multisig Wallet: Establish a multisig wallet that requires 5 out of the 9 governors to approve the disbursement of funds.
  6. Schedule the Next Community Vote: DAOs are not kingdoms. The initial signatories do not rule by divine right, nor are they supposed to be “Signatories-for-Life”. DAOism is about community. About passionate participation in projects. It is vital that we have a regular rotation of community members experiencing the responsibility of managing the DAOs treasury.

Please update the mandates to 3 clear-and-concise mandates. The deliverables and metrics look mouth-watering! There are 4 signatories. Please set up a Harmony Multisig wallet at your convenience, and schedule a second election.

I would also like to point the DAO’s attention to this bit in the guidelines:

The Minimally Viable DAO - Milestone Payments:

As we have learned in the Launch Grant program, it is best to create milestone payments. In that spirit, we have studied the DAOs that have been successful both in Harmony and on other chains and have determined three vital components for success. We refer to this as a “ Minimally Viable DAO ” and will pay out the bootstrap grant according to the following:

1. Create a Multisig Contract ($15K) : This milestone is covered in step 5 of the “Mighty Six” above. This is required as all assets of a DAO are shared amongst the community. Without a multisig, this would be impossible. All withdrawals from the DAO multisig should have a matching community vote to approve that withdrawal. This is how a DAO Shares Assets .
  2. Hold a Community Vote for Multisig Signatories ($20K): 9 signatories will be selected out of a field of 12 candidates. Over 100 community members vote. The role of the signatory is to approve transactions out of the DAO multisig wallet in accordance with the community vote. These signatories rotate every 3 months based on a community vote. The responsibility for the success and failure of the DAO is a shared responsibility for all of the members and this is the milestone we look for as proof.
  3. Social Token ($15K): All DAOs need to share a common interest, something that binds them together. By issuing a social token, you can identify your community, your tribe, your teammates and co-conspirators. A social token and an NFT are not the same thing. Social tokens are similar to membership cards, but they operate on-chain. They are fungible so that one is the same as another and - if the DAO wishes to sell them, rather than issue them - they all are at the same price. By deploying a social token, the DAO has shown it has a Shared Interest .

The total bootstrap grant is $50,000 and a DAO that qualifies for this grant will have the minimal attributes. The grant will be paid out as the DAO satisfies each of the MVD milestones.

I’m very much looking forward to the updates to the proposal. And please, @minorityprogrammers, let me know of any questions, comments, or feedback there may be! :smile: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Following up on this @minorityprogrammers :slight_smile:

I would like to deliver a brief update from Harmony.

All approvals and proposals for DAO Bootstrap Funding is still paused. This is a temporary measure. Please do not let this dissuade you and your team from building.

note: this comment is not an approval of this proposal

Hello, @minorityprogrammers

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal. The funding request is out-of-scope.

New DAO Funding Guidelines will be available soon and you will be able to find them on the talk forum.

The bar to receive a DAO bootstrap grant is now higher than it has been historically. In order to receive a bootstrap grant going forward, DAOs will need to evidence a high level of transparent reporting, robust community involvement and a business plan that reflects a commitment to self-funding. Further guidelines are being finalized and should be released in the coming week.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAOs patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. Harmony is integrating new tools to help build a robust DAO ecosystem. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.