People DAO

Hey @frwrdslosh we’ve been prepping for outreach to Regional DAOs. The plan is to lay the groundwork for intercultural exchange, begin recruiting translators into our network, and start exploring opportunities to translate/interpret between Regional DAOs.

One challenge we’ve encountered: it’s hard to clearly see what Regional DAOs exist, which are active, and what their respective contact information is (Discord, Twitter, Telegram, etc). We’re working on creating and maintaining a living document, a directory that aggregates all this information. We were thinking we can offer it as a public good to the space.

This is what we have so far (research done by @enfin):

What do you think about this project? Is it duplicative of some other resource we’re not aware of? We figure you have the best knowledge out of anyone about the landscape of Regional DAOs in Harmony.

2 Likes

People Dao is doing wonders and I’m a part of it, I’m glad to be, I look forward to more. $people

Hi there @frwrdslosh.

I would like to announce the success in improving LanguageDAO internally over the last couple weeks to adhere to Harmony’s standard in becoming a Minimally Viable DAO. We have concluded our first multisig election held in our very own Discord during the last two weeks of May.

Please do join our Discord if you have time: https://dicord.gg/languagedao. We held our election via a free-for-all self nomination process with a total of 12 self-nominees. We elected the 9 most voted people as the new Governors of LanguageDAO, serving from June 1st to September 30th 2022. The last two weeks of September will be our second round of election for multisig.

Our newly elected 9 Governors are as follows:

1. Zerohash - A core contributor to the PeopleDAO ecosystem, including its LanguageDAO subDAO. Academician with a research focus on the blockchain-growth nexus, and econometrics in general.

2. MatterTurbulent - Core contributor to PeopleDAO ecosystem and its LanguageDAO subDAO. Works in a policy office for a major municipality in the United States. Holds a Masters Degree in Community Organizing and is finishing up another in Health Policy.

3. BeanBun - A Vietnamese contributor and translator to LanguageDAO. BeanBun excels in community management and crypto research with 3 years of experience.

4. Cai - A skilled marketer for the PeopleDAO ecosystem and LanguageDAO. Cai is also a Chinese translator since the very beginning when LanguageDAO was still a Translator Team of PeopleDAO, when the subDAO status was not established yet.

5. Damilola - Dami is of Nigerian origin with experience in French-English translation, having worked with PizzaDAO’s Bitcoin Pizza Day event in facilitating French translation tasks. They are also a content writer and research.

6. FINE - FINE is the community manager and translator for LanguageDAO’s Indian community. They excel in the Indian language to English translation and have been a long-term writer for PeopleDAO’s Writer Team. Their content are usually educational DAO tooling articles that explains the perks of DAO tools that help with governance, treasury and community management.

7. Kaien - A long standing Chinese-English translator for the PeopleDAO community since the creation of the Translator Team during its inception. Kaien is also a moderator for the PandaDAO community, which is also a subDAO under the PeopleDAO ecosystem. Main translation focus of Kaien are meeting notes technical articles translation tasks delegated to LanguageDAO.

8. прыетранкаOG - OG is an active contributor to PeopleDAO’s Developer Team and is currently working closely with LanguageDAO to develop its own website and platform to welcome future operations. OG is the sole lead in developing the technical aspects of LanguageDAO.

9. Emmzii - A core contributor to the Marketer Team of PeopleDAO and leads the community for PeopleDAO Africa. Emmzii leads the onboarding team for both PeopleDAO and LanguageDAO in welcoming newblood and assigning tasks to newcomers.

With this, I hope that we are able to fulfill 2 of the 3 Milestone Payments as previously stated, which are:

1. Create a Multisig Contract ($15K) : This milestone is covered in step 5 of the “Mighty Six” above. This is required as all assets of a DAO are shared amongst the community. Without a multisig, this would be impossible. All withdrawals from the DAO multisig should have a matching community vote to approve that withdrawal. This is how a DAO Shares Assets .

2. Hold a Community Vote for Multisig Signatories ($20K): 9 signatories will be selected out of a field of 12 candidates. Over 100 community members vote. The role of the signatory is to approve transactions out of the DAO multisig wallet in accordance with the community vote. These signatories rotate every 3 months based on a community vote. The responsibility for the success and failure of the DAO is a shared responsibility for all of the members and this is the milestone we look for as proof.

We have yet to decide on a Social Token to represent our shared interest and to-be used as our governance token. We hope that as we develop as a DAO, we can fully explore the options before settling on a Social Token that can facilitate our growth with full preparedness.

With that, I would like to ask if we are eligible for the total funding of $35K in $ONE token as of now, as it will greatly help our growth, especially on the harmony platform.

Our multisig address on Harmony is Harmony Multisig Wallet.

I have also invited our Governors to the new Discord server by Harmony, called the 1DAO Alliance and they have been granted the Language DAO role by the DAO Operations member StrongMindsHold Validator.

Since you have sub languageDAO that aims to translate documents, articles etc, let me be the one to pave the way and make the translation of your post:

“We haven’t done anything meaningful but it took us 2 months to create multisig and find 9 potential freeloaders who held a vote in discord, give us 35k”

If you let me be part of your language subDAO, here are my billable hours for this translation: 2 x 75$ = 150$ (trust me, it’s years of experience)

2 Likes

Typical example of a person who read it for 5 minutes and sprout shit to feed their ego. If you took 20 minutes research on what we are actually doing then you won’t have to embarrass yourself here as a troll.

Just realized my biggest mistake is feeding the troll…

1 Like

What a meaningful riposte and clear retort with quantitative arguments to rest your case.

Translation:

I am angry this person has called me out and is actively reducing my chance for getting unjustified 35k. Please make them stop, I hate not getting free money

Billable hours: 2 x 75$ = 135$ incl. applied 10% returning customer discount, Total to date 285$

Improving language accessibility can expand markets and onboard customers, increasing activity on the Harmony chain and raising liquidity locked in protocols. Do you have any direct leads in terms of Harmony projects that would want to hire our translators or interpreters, @Sbae?

There are no projects that need that. If they do they can HIRE someone to do the translations for them, no need for a DAO. It’s what efficiency of markets is for.

Don’t steer away from the crux of the problem that this DAO should not be funded and certainly not 35k for creating a multisig wallet. It feels like this has been a goal in and of itself for many (majority?) of DAO’s rather than being a milestone marking a place in timeline of development. It’s so bad.

Efficiency is when you are an organization that can assemble a team of translators readily to take on tasks for up to 7 languages currently, that’s what we are capable of with secondary reviewers for each language to ensure quality. Your take on we are only a multisig with nothing to show for clearly has not done the slightest digging at what we have accomplished the last two months, translating constitution documents and whitepapers, as well as articles that are educational in nature.

We call ourselves the Language DAO with aims at to promote advocacy, interpretation services and translations service. But clearly you have to follow along the lines of narrative that best suit your opinion which is to size us down to a group of money-scamming translators who are actually freeloaders.

We also do not dictate the funding amount, we merely fulfil the conditional needs as set forth by Harmony in order to qualify for the $35K as we have fulfilled 2 of the 3 conditions. Before this, we have also clearly set out our success metrics where we will applying the obtained funding from, but this was not really needed, as we were given the conditional funding offers.

If you have something to say, go to the source and speak with Harmony and make a change to their DAO funding guidelines. What is the point of trying to look down on a DAO that is doing much more than what you have described here?

The simplicity of human ego and shallowness, pathetic.

And just for your information, all DAO members are not paid based on hours, we are paid based on proof of work. Translators are paid based on our translation algorithm to determine their best pay rate, which factors in different variables which we developed in-house to better compensate them for their work.

The other members are paid based on their contribution as well, we don’t even pay out a $75/hr which is the minimum pay suggested by Harmony. Core contributors get paid approximate 5,000 $PEOPLE token per month, which is about $100 at current market price. Everyone here is taking this as a passion project to advocate for language transparency and openness in the web3 space, in no way are we just a group of freeloading translators from what you described.

Have some self respect and stop embarrassing yourself here. Its web3 and DYOR is the bare minimum someone can do for themselves. At least understand us, LanguageDAO, enough before you start talking shit.

I would like you to refrain from talking about my self respect and any ad hominem comments for that matter and focus on explaining what language DAO is about only.

Sure. Do check out our LanguageDAO Whitepaper here: SubDAO Incubation: LanguageDAO Whitepaper — PeopleDAO