Pixel Pirates

We realize peoples’ time and attention are extremely valuable. I agree it would be great to see more interaction on all posts in the forum because there are some exciting things happening here. We hope the people we brought in will look around the forum when time permits them.

“I honestly wouldn’t be able to differentiate this project and any which one from Reddit r/NFT but people love Logan Paul and I know there’s somehow money to be made off that.”

This statement seems to be very uninformed. I’m not sure what either of the Paul brothers have to do with our project, although we would certainly welcome them if they were interested. We would be happy to help you learn about some of the amazing communities forming around NFTs and the capabilities of the underlying smart contracts.

Yeah sorry, I meant in the expression I don’t know why the Paul brothers are so popular but they are and people go crazy over it. Maybe a better example would have been Cryptopunks, the question is what makes yours project stand out?

I seen some really beautiful artwork on Reddit r/NFT, what is stopping them from asking 50K to help them market and design future work? Well clearly anyone can ask for it but I’m trying to learn this space for myself and better my site. What is so unique about yours, Cryptopunks, or any other NFT for that matter asides from popularity?

Are you guys anticipating with an injection 50K you’ll just get more buzz or what am I missing? Are people just trying to find the new ape yachtclub?

In the event that you legitimately hold these concerns, and are not simply attempting to spread fud on another project, I will attempt to supply you with a very reasonable and simple explanation:

The names/accounts you’ve mentioned are active members of the discord and TG communities. Speaking for myself, and likely for the others, I have had a blind spot to the talk.harmony.one forum. It wasn’t until the Pirates team posted a link and requested that their supporters speak up that I created an account in order to comment. Now that I’m on the forum, I will likely engage with other proposals and discussion threads.

You are welcome to your opinions But thus far they’ve been void of substance and flush with unfounded accusations. To key up on the date of account creation as a suspicious indicator, you are hardly in an advantageous position, with only about 10 days seniority. The age of your account is less meaningful than any constructive criticism you might provide, which has been lacking, as you’re primarily levying a blind character assault on individuals that you don’t know.

Although my avouchment may not be credible to you, I have personally interacted with MikeMike, BallZ, and Erexere on numerous occasions all the way back to the March/June timeframe when many of us met for the first time after finding Harmony/Viper/Punks/Harmonauts. They are reliable community members with verifiable reputations. I can’t say the same for yourself, though perhaps you are as well-known in your own circles as most of these are in the NFT space.

I’ll leave it at this. You’ve said your piece and been heard. I’ve said mine. I’d like to move on and get back to the work of supporting the projects we’re passionate about. This space is too young, there’s plenty of room for all of us, and a win for PixelPirates is a win for the community at large. The same can be said for any of the grant recipients who are operating in good faith.

Best of luck, and I’m sure we’ll see eachother in other forums. Hopefully not at odds.

2 Likes

Crypto Punks and BAYC, now you’re speaking my language! These projects are examples of teams we are trying to emulate.

Our project is unique because of 6.9% reflective redistribution to minters, 4.2% to theoceancleanup.com and 6.9% to incentivize the creation of Pixel Pirate holder led DAOs. The DAOs are the most unique aspect of our project. 10 holders have already formed the first incentivized DAO with the goal of providing short-term liquidity to NFT holders. @HarmonyUniverse is helping lead the formation of another holder led DAO to support new validators and the decentralization of the Harmony network.

I think having more NFT artists from Reddit or wherever getting grants to build NFTs on Harmony would be amazing for the ecosystem.

2 Likes

I’m not judging other aspects, i’m just judge code and it’s a disaster. Front end makes no sense, plenty of errors and 0 UX. The contract is a basic contract, same than a lot of NFT project in this chain and another ones EVM compatible. The 4.2% to the theoceancleanup.com is your word, personally i don’t believe you, no offense.
And no public repos, no docs, no roadmap, hidden profiles. It’s really hard trust in this project.

1 Like

Thank you for the constructive criticism

You’re welcome. I think to learn to code well it is the minimum to demand before launch a project, at least before apply for a grant.

PD: if you want to other people or a team trust in your project, first show your identities and code.
:wink:

1 Like

We absolutely intend to go through KYC with Harmony if approved for a grant. It is a requirement.

1 Like

May I ask why you created your account & joined the forum 1 day ago just to bash our project behind a secret identity?

profile: Profile - Special - Harmony Community Forum

As an experienced developer can you tell me what stack you would use to build a similar application? Also again maybe share your portfolio or some past work experience :slight_smile:

It’s not about stack, you could use Hardhat or Truffle, Vue or React or vanilla. Its about know how to code.
I won a bunch of bounties solving issues on Gitcoin and harmony team knows. But probably you don’t nothing about i’m talking, its normal.

I’m haven’t nothing against you guys, but this project looks really amateur and not offer nothing new to ecosystem. Try to learn more and think another better idea than copy nfts project without any utilitie. That’s my advice.

lol you are extremely pretentious and rude sir. I think if you are going to treat people like this it shouldn’t be anonymous but I assume it makes you feel better about yourself.

I’m not sure there is anything we can do to change your mind or that I care to, but for anyone else who would like to spend the time to look into our project more and are a little more open minded.

We’ve already completed the generative minting site and it works as well as any other minting sites on Harmony as far as I’m concerned, if not better considering we’re one of, if not the only NFT projects to generate art on the fly and not before the fact.

We are also 1 of a handful of collections that properly use decentralized standards and IPFS. As not only a dev but an NFT collector on Harmony since they launched NFTs, I can say that for a fact. Saying our NFT collection is a common rip off is an uninformed oversimplification fueled by your ego.

You don’t believe we will give the 4.2% donation we promised? Okay? Sorry you feel that way? Maybe we can start donating now to put similar FUD to bed but your feelings at the end of the day are your feelings.

The real meat and potatoes of the Pixel Pirates project is the DAOs. We’ve spent months building a community of NFT lovers ranging from OG’s to noobies and their minds are coming together to form these DAO’s and utilize these funds the best way they see fit.

Pixel Pirates is a project that aims to empower the community.

I hope you get to feel the joy of empowering others at some point in your life :slight_smile:

Thank you for your PoV and I’m sorry our work isn’t up to your standards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lots of tension here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfect bro, i’m not rude. I’m just give my opinion as dev. Sorry if you don’t like it, but it’s just an opinion.

Thanks @HODLen for answering my questions about Harmony and nfts. You are so patient explaining to me about Kucoin and Binance CEX and DEX like viperswap and sushi :sushi: I have more questions now than ever but I got ONE on Kucoin and set up a wallet. Not your keys, not your crypto, right? Staking with an independent validator soon. I’m not ready for nfts quite yet but thank you for introducing me to this forum :hugs:

2 Likes

It is a pleasure to be able to help :pray:

1 Like

Unfortunately, your proposal is not ready for a Launch grant based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO due to the following reasons:

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit.

We hope you continue to build on this concept and circle back when it is ready to be discussed further. Thank you for choosing Harmony.

3 Likes

First let me say thank you. Thanks to you and the rest of the Harmony core team for developing this amazing protocol and community. Discovering $ONE has been truly life changing. I am forever grateful for this technology and the opportunity to build here with the Harmony community.

Our original post on this forum was on 10/5/21 and Pixel Pirates went live on testnet shortly thereafter. Our dapp launced on mainnet on 10/15/21 while the grant proposal was still being evaluated. After reading Harmony Funding FAQ we were encouraged to continue the application process.

What if my project is already live on Harmony Mainnet?
For projects already live on Harmony Mainnet, Harmony’s Launch Grant can boost traction with a $50K retroactive funding: $10K for forming a DAO like above, then four additional $10K grants with each doubling of key user metrics.

We are continuing to actively develop Pixel Pirates. We are currently seeking to grow our team and develop partnerships in order to be able to execute the next phase of our long-term plan. I will update this post once details of our next phase of development are ready to be released.

HSTW Merchant Front HSTW Merchant

For the next phase of our project we are hoping to garner support for our plans to venture into the world of blockchain gaming. Support for our proposal from Harmony would go a long way to help us attract the developers we will need to launch this venture.

We plan a reimagination of a classic text based BBS door game incorporating blockchain technology to incentivize gameplay. In “High Seas Trade Wars” Players must strategically use limited moves and resources to navigate their ship around the islands and ports in 1,000 interconnected sectors along with other players, NPCs, and hazards to establish themselves as the best traders on the planet. Players may gain access to various special areas within the game including fishing NFT mini-game and Pirate Tavern RPSEH duel. Our game is inspired by Trade Wars 2002 which has a cult following.

Metrics and timeline for success

Q2 2022: formation of DAO to guide development and long term success of the game composed of Pixel Pirate holders, Pixel Pirates core team members, and governors from Harmony DAOs
Q3 2022: game launch on testnet with beta testers from Harmony community
Q4 2022: game launch on mainnet with goal of 1k active users by EOY 2022
Q1 2023: expansion and stratification of game servers to accommodate 10k+ users

2 Likes

There are some hard working people on this team! The OneCan team is wishing Pixel Pirates nothing but success :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s great to see Pixel Pirates get into the blockchain gaming sector which is a thriving sector in the cryptocurrency economy, and Harmony looks like a blockchain that could benefit from it.

With all the feet of DAOs that are coming with Pixel Pirates, I hope that we can see users and developers come to Pixel Pirates, form a DAO, and help build the future of Pixel Pirates on Harmony.

Let’s go Pirates. :pirate_flag:

1 Like