OpenWorld Metaverse

Name of Project

OpenWorld

Proposal overview

OpenWorld is a blockchain enabled open metaverse with a sound circular economy based on real monetary flow. Our vision is to open a new dimension for everyone to connect, play, express themselves, and find happiness.

Even though we started building the project as a GameFi (with already built-up P2E and PvP feature) on BSC, we want to upgrade our project into building a synthetic digital world that mainly base on Harmony as our main chain, and then spread out multi-chain from there.

Our digital world will have all current DeFi features buildable in the market: DEX, Single-Asset Staking, LP Staking. GameFi features P2E, PvP (already proved capability with our current mini-game CryptoWar xBlade), and many more metaverse features in the long run: Avatar, Avatar customization, circular economy, digital value creation, social networking inside synthetic world, etc.

Currently we have 20 members (8 blockchain/smart contract dev), the team mainly bases in Vietnam. The project and token are live in BSC and ThunderCore, about 200 active gamers with our mini-game, 60K+ transactions in game, 1000+ NFT sold. We are looking for $500K in Series Seed at target valuation at $5M to build up the metaverse prototype (the prototype will include on-chain DeFi and GameFi features that we built: staking, bond, P2E PvP, and may have on-chain/off-chain structure (we are debating this, not quite sure if we have enough time to put this in prototype of this will come after the prototype)). After that we aim for $5M-$10M on Series A to build the actual metaverse in MMORPG style with a major focus on digital value creation and circular economy.

For the next 6-9 months, we focus on the Seed round, build up all-star team, and build up prototype. The recruitment will need: 1 Chief Product Officer (Game Director), 2-3 Senior Game Dev, 2-3 Artist (including 1 Art/Creative Director). We also need to build up our Advisor Board. The fields of Advisors we target is: 1 PE/VC, 1 Blockchain (Hopefully one from Harmony), 1 Game (Management - Background in MMORPG), 1 Game Tech, 1 Blockchain Tech.

We need help on every front: building this up is challenging because we need to build a good MMORPG with thoughtful economy design with an on-chain/off-chain structure that is secured on blockchain. A lot of things have to be well designed and worked well together. So we are very much appreciate any help into our direction.

Proposal ask

$50k

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$40K after launching on our mainnet with audit

All of this money can be used toward liquidity pool on Harmony.

We are quite far ahead from the actual product. For the next 6-9 months we will only focus on the prototype. So our target is to move our project into Harmony ecosystem first. Complete the prototype, raise Series A, and go from there.

Metrics for success

• Bridge over to Harmony (target 30 days)
  • Seed Round complete (target 30-60 days)
  • Prototype complete (target 6-9 months after Seed Round)
  • Series A complete (target 1-2 months after Prototype)
  • Launch game (6 months after Series A)

External links

White Paper:
https://docs.openworld.vision/

Deck:

Medium:
https://medium.com/@openworldvision

Youtube:

[Project link, demo, whitepaper, video]

1 Like

Isn’t the project’s whitepaper just a copy and paste from “CryptoWar” whitepaper on BSC? The story about Phuong and her friends group are the same lmfao.
By looking at CryptoWar, I say yall don’t deserve the grant. The game look mid and feel likes there is barely any real efford put in it

Thanks for the response,

Yes we are CryptoWar and we rebrand to OpenWorld. The story is written by me.

CryptoWar is just a mini-game that take us 3 months to build, showcasing we can do P2E and PvP. But we stop building that game since Dec 2021 in search for a better idea to spend effort in. You can check on other essays on why we don’t believe in P2E and PvP. That’s why you find that game is under-developed. We can develop more on that direction for sure, but the core concept about P2E and PvP is not a good foundation to pour efforts on top of it.

I appreciate the comment,

Tri

P.S.: This market intelligence research might help you understand why we drop out of P2E and PvP:

We study about 70+ gamefi projects in Vietnam and except from Axie, I don’t see the token price reflect value creation and sustainability. We better stop doing CryptoWar and build something better under better thinking foundation.

Axie is still sustained because: (1) They learned the lesson and neft P2E quite significantly, (2) They have the Ronin Side Chain that provide finance to finance the GameFi, (3) They are very well funded. Axie is different than any other GameFi out there.

Thanks for your proposal, it has been assigned and the team will review and respond shortly :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Mattyontap!

Please feel free to come up with any question or request any further info/update from us. Our dev team is ready for the technical bridge should we receive instructions,

Tri

How is the fundraising going? You don’t need to answer here in public, but we’d like to know if you have a lead investor, who it is, and committed amount. Knowing that will help us better make a decision.

Overall, I like what I see. I like that you are clear that cryptowar on BSC was just a demo game, but you want to truly build that out on Harmony and reach it’s full potential.

My concern is what can your team truly accomplish in 6 months. Grants are meant to be a jumpstart for teams, not meant as seed funding. And, from our perspective, we would like to see some deliverables within the next 6 months.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Note: I know real games take years to build. I fully recognize that. While that might be a fact, we’d prefer to work with teams that are further along in their game development.

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

We’re raising Seed $500K and I have soft circled enough money to initiate the round. We had a VC that are willing to take the lead and Im working with them on details, documents, procedures, and legal matters, about how to make this happen. I connected Jack (Jacksteroo) to the VC so Harmony is in the loop of knowing the lead already. For the amount, we are between $200K-$300K of the lead. I have interests for the rest of the money and upon we have everything straight out from/by the lead, we should be good to go with the round.

Yes - Thank you for your comment about what we built on BSC and what we are after. I also appreciate very much on your understanding about the scale of the project we are after. I do believe in order to truly solve this in-game economy, we need to build something more significant than just another whatever-to-earn mobile-type game/application. Thus we need to balance between going for this solution we envision, and make sure the iteration loop is short enough so stakeholders see the progress and support us along the way.

For the next 6 months we can achieve:

• Build up the 1st iteration of our digital world so everyone can go there and see how it looks like
  • Have basic DeFi features: Single-Asset Staking, LP Staking.
  • Have basic Avatar features: Participant can choose avatars (customizable probably after 6 months)
  • Have basic structure of in-game circular economy: Set up different professions for Avatars so the P2E part can kick in immediately, gamer can play right after this.
  • At this point, this is still likely 100% on-chain

After this iteration. The next iteration, within 6 months is:

• Move 100% on-chain into on-chain/off-chain structure
  • Avatars can interact, chat, form relationships with each other.
  • More complete and sophisticated professions form up, building stronger foundation for circular economy.
  • DEX
  • Virtual land build up and ready for first offering.

The most challenge part for us according to my view right now is the on-chain/off-chain structure. Still, we identified some paths we can take and who we can bring into the team to help us with this already. Im in the middle of the Pacific Ocean writing these on a trip to Vietnam, meeting with a few people who can help us with this task. All the 100% on-chain part is within our reach with the current team and budget (we have 8 months run way even if we fail the Seed Round, and we have internal budget to continue after that).

Lastly, I also identified and talked to a few VCs that can invest into us at Series A on $1M-$5M check per entity should we prove that we are capable after what we will deliver in the next 6 months.

We want to emphasize this that doing a startup is of course a risky endeavor. And what we want to build is reasonably sophisticated. However, we are strong on fundamental/value-creation thinking on the idea. We should not face concept-risk such as P2E games. We are well aware of where we are at, and what we need to do. We identified who can help us both on product building, and funding. Execution is always challenging and nothing is guaranteed. But we commit ourselves to this project and will do our best.

P.S.: In fact we briefly talk to each other right after your session at GDC, the line was long and many people you interacted with so I don’t expect you to remember me :slight_smile: but we did encounter.

Approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

Read about our Harmony Ventures Network program if you are seeking to raise capital.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

1 Like

Thanks Peter,

Such a great news for us!

We will do next:

• Start working on the Testnet Launch
  • Study further on Harmony Funding FAQ, join Harmony Grants channel and discord
  • Study Harmony Ventures Network
  • Bring-in our tech team here and will post update frequently on what we do to keep the community posted with our progress!

Much appreciate the support from Harmony team and we will do our best to build a great product on top of Harmony chain!

Congratulations on your Grant winning and wishing you luck to prosper!
I am part of ArchiDAO, we are DAO for Architects and have been into Metaverse space for some time now. I will be excited to see OpenWorld Metaverse coming up soon and we do some hands-on!

2 Likes

@Richa_Gupta
Thank you Richa! Hopefully our two projects can work together!

@papi
Hi Peter - I sent the email to kyc@harmony.one. My email is tri@openworld.vision. Please let the team know and check spam/junk inboxes as well. In case your team doesn’t receive it, please let me know as well.

@papi
Hi Peter,

There is update from us. Product update - April 2022

1. We successfully bridge our token on Harmony with the same smart contract as on Binance Smart Chain. The address is: 0x27a339d9b59b21390d7209b78a839868e319301b
  2. It has been verified as well.
  3. Our next steps: Mint 15 million $OPEN on Harmony & Burn 15 million $OPEN on Binance Smart Chain
  4. The map of OpenWorld’s digital world is done
  5. MVP will be released in June. Our initial launch day is 6th June 2022.
  6. As a part of OpenWorld initiation, our mini-game CryptoWar will be discontinued on 6th June 2022 too.
    We’re going to a new era after our rebrand since March 2022.

Additionally, I attached some images as well.

Background for Blacksmith profession

Background for Supplier profession

@papi
Hi Peter,
There are some updates from a technical team.
1. We’ve successfully built the Profession feature in the Harmony testnet.
2. Beta testing is planning, and everything will be ready for the early birds can experience and feedback in 1 month.
3. We’ll release 3 features (Food Court, Blacksmith, Castle) in testnet in May.

Hi Harmony team,

For the progress:

• We will be able to test-net launch very very soon
  • After that we will deploy mainnet
  • We will then release an early prototype so that participants can join in and explore our works out and play around with some of our DeFi features, this will happen at the beginning of June,

As we want to build a digital world which is very different to building another mobile type/hyper casual type gamefi. We won’t have any DAO to build yet around this stage of our project, and as we don’t go traditional course of building a mobile game then rush in doing the marketing (then fall into the trap of P2E that gamers flock in, mine the token out, and dump the token and the project die).

Can we release the the proceed releasing as 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 for the 3 milestones I mention above (testnet, mainnet, early-stage prototype)?

We do commit to build a strong project in Harmony ecosystem that will last over all kind of hype in the crypto market and we need capital support to build the thing up,

Tri

Hi Harmony team,

Please allow me to share with you this weekly YouTube series overview video, which provides investors and holders with brief information about what happened and our development throughout the previous week.

Link: OpenWorld Weekly News #2 May 11, 2022 - YouTube

Key points:

• This week is tough for all so we wish you all are fine
  • The market verifies how strong $OPEN is :v::muscle:
  • Moon we go :waning_gibbous_moon:

Big news :fire:

• OpenWorld prototype is 80% done
  • First demo, this weekend (internally)
  • Coinmarketcap fully updated info for us
  • Submit Coin360 for listing, to make $OPEN visible in red days
  • Mr. Long Pham joins us as our Chief Growth Officer :+1:
  • AMAs with 2 projects next week

Dee - Community Lead

Exciting guys. Apologize for the late reply, but exciting. When ready, just tag me here to verify milestones completed and send request here for distribution: https://harmony.one/grant-funding

1 Like

Will do! Also our team members can’t post update here after they have 3 posts, can you advise how to lift this cap so they can post weekly update about the project?

We should be able to deploy Testnet in 10-15 days.

Hi Harmony team!

In this week’s OpenWorld Weekly News #3, we cover what’s new for the previous week:
Link : OpenWorld Weekly News #3 May 2022 - YouTube

It’s been a great week for OpenWorld. We’ve made some big strides in the internal demo, and it’s looking better than ever. We’re also moving forward with the multi-sign wallet (3/5 co-signers approval)

As far as funding goes, we’re doing great which shows just how much support we have behind our product. We’re also excited to announce a new partner in AlphaBatem.

Lastly, $OPEN price is strong as ever!

We hope you enjoy the video and find it helpful. Let us know if there are any topics you’d like to see covered next week or If you have any feedback or questions about our summary (or anything else), let me know @papi

Stay tuned for next week’s recap!