Tower of Babel 🏗 - Decentralized gamified marketing platform

Name of Project

Tower of Babel - Leave your digital footprint

Proposal overview

Decentralized marketing gamified platform.

This is a smart contract and a network of mirror sites that allows users to build a single building - the Tower of Babel.

The tower consists of blocks and from the tech side it is a binary tree with the maximal width of 16 blocks.

Each block is an entry in the smart contract, which contains the name, serial number in the tower, a link to the banner and a link to the site. If simple, each block is an advertising banner.

The whole emphasis is on decentralization and the ability for anyone to deploy a mirror. Thus, the growth of the tower is not limited.

To motivate participants to leave their digital footprint, two systems have been implemented:

1. Each subsequent block is more expensive than the previous one by a fixed step - d. Each subsequent block falls to the top of the tower and gradually descends with each new contribution. The cost of each block is divided between the 6 blocks on which it is based. The two blocks on which he directly relies receive 25% of the price of the block. And the 4 blocks that support the top two receive 12.5% of the block price.

Thus, by purchasing a block in the tower, for the next 6 blocks you will get back the cost of the block + an additional bonus, which is provided by the fact that each subsequent block is more expensive.

The bonus amount is calculated by a simple formula:

d x 0.25 + 2d x 0.25 + 3d x 0.125 + 4d x 0.125 + 5d x 0.125 + 6d x 0.125

1. Affiliate program.

It is also possible to highlight your own blocks and view and share your own “tower”, which consists only of your blocks.

CrossChain

Technically, we are going to implement 6 blockchains to build the Tower.

You can see the list of networks below.

The main tower will be built based on block timestamp, while the user will be able to choose in which tower he wants to add a block: in the general (which contains blocks from all networks) or in the Tower of a particular blockchain.

Basic principles

There are a few important things to know about the tower:

1. No backend is used - the project is completely decentralized.
  2. Anyone can deploy a site mirror.
  3. By purchasing a block and placing ads in it - you will get a small profit from the following blocks.
  4. Promotional materials (block images) are not stored on servers. This means no censorship.

Use of funds

The project team uses its own funds to develop the project.

However, we see the opportunity for scaling, for this we need external funds. Below we explain how we plan to spend the funds received. We have exact values ​​in dollars, but we give the values ​​of the costs in the percentage distribution for ease of perception.

• Deployment of block nodes 5%
  • Deployment of backup nodes 5%
  • Creating site mirrors 5%
  • Reviews from bloggers - 15%
  • Bonuses to the owners of the most efficient units - 10%
  • Marketing campaign - 40%
  • Reserve - 20%

As you can see, we plan to spend a significant part of the money on marketing, as the cost of development goes to zero (because we develop ourselves).

We have already prepared a list of bloggers that we will consider for the purchase of advertising and learned the approximate prices. The final decision will be made only after reviewing the detailed statistics for each individual advertising channel.

We are sincerely convinced that no matter how good a project is, without proper marketing, it is threatened with unpopularity and death. We are also confident that the project will receive strong support from network marketing projects. This will attract a huge number of visitors.

Our public road map

Week Tasks Status
1 Idea development Complete
1 Design concept Complete
2-3 Design development Complete
2 Smart contract architecture design Complete
2-4 Smart contract development Complete
3-4 Site layout making Complete
4 WEB3 wallet connection (Metamask, WalletConnect) Complete
4-6 Frontend logic Complete
5 Affiliate program development Complete
5 Integration the affiliate program into a smart contract Complete
6 Running BSC testnet Complete
6 Running HARMONY testnet Upcoming
6 Running ETH testnet Upcoming
6 Running MATIC testnet Upcoming
6 Running FANTOM testnet Upcoming
6 Running AVALANCHE testnet Upcoming
7 Integration of the BSC contract Upcoming
7 Integration of the HARMONY contract Upcoming
7 Integration of the ETH contract Upcoming
7 Integration of the MATIC contract Upcoming
7 Integration of the FANTOM contract Upcoming
7 Integration of the AVALANCHE contract Upcoming
6 Making changes to the distribution scheme Upcoming
8 Crosschain tower display service Upcoming
6 Service for displaying towers for each chain separately Upcoming
9-12 Implementation of the tower block as NFT Upcoming
12-14 Integration with OpenSea Upcoming
15 Launch an advertising campaign Upcoming
16-20 Launch a network of mirrors to ensure wider decentralization Upcoming

Team

Our team is working on this project because it is fun and interesting. (Links to our profiles will be a little lower in the relevant section) Let’s get acquainted!

• Roman is a team lead. He was one of the first who start building a tower.
  • Max is the main programmer. He is responsible for all technical issues.
  • Andrew - smart contracts, their creation and testing.
  • Vova - everything related to the front end.
  • Elena - layout and design. The most beautiful builder of our tower.

Perspectives and ideas

• Traffic tracking system
  • Platform for the NFT blocks trading with the right of ownership and content editing
  • Blocks efficiency tracking system
  • A system of additional rewards for the best blocks
  • Batch purchase of blocks
  • Automatic competitions

Proposal ask

We are looking for $50k worth of ONE, which should be split into portions and released by milestones:

$10K after launching a product on HARMONY testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after launching a product on all other networks
$10K after finishing of the last point from public roadmap

Metrics for success

We divide the success of the project into 4 components:

1. Technical component. We will consider the project successful if we manage to implement all the functions listed in the road map (including NFT blocks) and connect at least 3 chains.
  2. Initializing component. We will consider that the project is successful if our community manages to build all the tower blocks visible at the first stage: namely 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 = 31 blocks.
  3. Active component. We will consider the project a success if the tower receives at least 30 new blocks a day and the brands/companies/tokensales will fight for the top blocks (which will obviously give the most traffic to their owners).
  4. Decentralization component. We will consider the project successful if there will be at least 10 independent mirrors of the tower sites in the network.

We expect this level of development of quantitative indicators in the first stages after launch:

Stage Blocks number Mirrors number
1 1000 5
2 4000 7
3 7500 8
4 15000 12
5 30000 20

External links

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrii-hais-0bb7921b2/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/roman-zamlynskyi-b53046134/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vova-saenko-8a0b28192/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/olena-arsenii-03292a1b6/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maxim-turovets-0b38011b8/

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal @Andrew_M. Out of curiosity, may I ask from what inspired this idea? The project reminds me of a website called “Million Dollar Homepage”, where anyone can pay $1 per pixel on a 1000 x 1000 pixel page to place an advertisement.

Q: Each chain will have its own tower, and that tower will be forever expanding in height, correct?

Q: Referring to this line – “The main tower will be built based on block timestamp, while the user will be able to choose in which tower he wants to add a block: in the general (which contains blocks from all networks) or in the Tower of a particular blockchain.” – Will the project have one tower for each blockchain, and then one “master” tower that represents all blocks across all chains?

Q: Can you describe how brands will compete for top blocks? I feel I’m not following closely enough to understand the incentive and competitive aspect.

Thanks for the clarification and looking forward to reading more about the project.

Adding to my previous reply, can you also share your Twitter account and any other social media channels you have? It would be great to share them with the community here on talk.harmony.one. Thanks and I’m looking forward to continuing our conversation.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I’m so glad there are still people who remember the Million Dollar Homepage.
This is absolutely the right answer. It was one of the first sites I saw on the internet many years ago and it inspired the team to concept. It’s really cool that you guessed it :slight_smile:

Q: Each chain will have its own tower, and that tower will be forever expanding in height, correct?
A: Yes, this is the idea of the Tower of Babel. However, we conduct tests to avoid excessive load on the front end.

Q: Referring to this line – “The main tower will be built based on block timestamp, while the user will be able to choose in which tower he wants to add a block: in the general (which contains blocks from all networks) or in the Tower of a particular blockchain.” – Will the project have one tower for each blockchain, and then one “master” tower that represents all blocks across all chains?
A: Yes, exactly!

Q: Can you describe how brands will compete for top blocks? I feel I’m not following closely enough to understand the incentive and competitive aspect.
A: The main competitive incentive is the percentage of traffic which the blocks will receive.
According to our research (we relied on click statistics on the Google search results page).
The first three blocks will receive more than 70% of all traffic.
And the traffic itself will be received by a large number of people wishing to receive their reward from the placement of the block. We have experience in developing gambling projects, so there is reason to believe that there are many users who want to get their reward and at the same time advertise an affiliate link to some project. This is how it works.

And regarding social networks, I’ll be honest, we haven’t created them yet. We have been developing our own blockchain for many years and we always have a customers for it, so there was no need for social activities. However, we understand that this is important for projects like this. Therefore we will correct a situation with social networks.

Despite the fact that there are no official pages of the project on social networks yet, the team’s accounts on linkedin are open and we will be happy to communicate with like-minded people.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/roman-zamlynskyi-b53046134/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maxim-turovets-0b38011b8/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vova-saenko-8a0b28192/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/olena-arsenii-03292a1b6/

Thanks for the detailed response.

Another question - has the team considered how to incentivize visitors to look and browse through the towers aside from the novelty of it? I’m sorry if I missed anything that touched on this aspect of your plans, and perhaps the simple answer is “marketing”, but I would have to imagine that to have recurring visitors, the tower has to provide useful information aside from a logo; something visitors can’t easily get elsewhere about the advertising company.

For example, if I knew that Tower of Babel was my “go to” place to get discount codes from my favorite online shops, I would likely favorite the site and visit every week to see what new discounts were built on the tower.

This is unrelated to funding but I wanted to throw this idea out there.

1 Like

Thank you for the right question!

Yes, we’ve thought about it a lot, and some of the ideas are outlined in the “Perspectives and ideas” section.

Example:

• the opportunity to sell your block as NFT (with the right to edit)
  • extra bonus on a random block
  • automatic (through a smart contract) competition among the most effective blocks
  • Bonuses for building a floor
  • Ability to paint the entire tower only with your brand (batch purchase of blocks)
  • Quick indexing of new links by search engines
    and more.

Your idea with discounts is also super cool. We will definitely include it as a case for partner projects.
But to be honest, we were very hesitant, because it is important to keep the simplicity of the project. So we improved the idea ourselves, added multichain, NFT and some additional game mechanics. But so that there were not too many of them.

Going back to the million dollar site, you can compare that it became popular because it was new and very simple and clear!

It is very important for us that the project is clear and understandable.

1 Like

Hello guys! Due to the New Year holidays, we could not avoid decorating our tower :christmas_tree:
We also want to tell you great news - this week we will complete the development of a combined (crosschain) tower. You will soon be able to buy blocks in several networks :tada:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the detailed reply. The examples you gave are great but it seems that focuses more on incentivizing the purchase of blocks and advertising spots, not so much on attracting visitors to the website but perhaps I missed something.

For example, if the purpose is to market a brand, but the average Web2 user has no incentive to visit, then what incentive will a company have to buy blocks to market their product? Ads go where the users visit, and users visit where there’s benefit to using the platform.

That said, can you tell me how attracting users will fit into the funding structure? See original structure below.

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Thanks!

Your question is completely clear to me.
Let me explain our point of view.

We are developing our project not blindly. We try to balance between scale and simplicity.
To get users to return on the project and create a lot of traffic, we need to provide them with some benefit (as in your example), some entertainment or direct earnings.

An important point that should not be missed is that the owner of the block has the opportunity to earn extra money by purchasing the block.

As I said, our team has experience in developing gambling projects and even for us it has always been very surprising why so many people play dice. Where a refund or additional earnings are not guaranteed.

It’s a passion, excitement. After purchasing a block, user will visit the site several times a day to check whether the block was purchased above his block and whether a corresponding transaction has occurred in the blockchain. And after the 6th transaction, when the user is sure of profitability - he will buy another block, because the mechanics are simple and clear.

From the statistics we have, the conversion rate for similar projects is approximately 0.075%.

To reach the planned targets (30 blocks per day), we need a target coverage of 40,000 audience, which is quite realistic for the requested budgets.

But this is only the first component.

Having received the first portion of users, we will be able to analyze heat maps and start expanding the functionality.

Personally, I really want to introduce the mechanics of likes and make it possible to change the position of the block not only for money, but with the help of “likes”. Thus, after spending a few tokens to vote for a block, you will be able to raise its position in the tower and after a while, with a sufficient level of popularity, he will be able to get to the very top.

Now remember that each block will be presented as NFT with the right to edit and imagine how much the demand for top blocks with a large number of likes will increase.

I have no doubt that it will be a very exciting process that will make people experiment, build different schemes and return to the site again and again to build their popular block, which will be high in the tower with a correspondingly high price on the marketplace.

But unlike the points we wrote in the roadmap - the functions I mentioned above are just ideas.
Which we will be able to proceed only after receiving the initial feedback.

I will be happy to talk more about our ideas if you are interested.
Thank you for helping to overcome the syndrome of excessive conciseness :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply @Andrew_M and I think perhaps my confusion was that I assumed your target audience was the common Web2 user coming to the site to view the advertisement (e.g. McDonalds advertising to John Smith looking for a deal or discount code). But it seems the target audience is the Web3 user visiting to mint blocks (e.g. John Smith minting a block to advertise his blog). I hope my understanding is correct.

Last question is to make sure we’re on the same page in terms of grant milestones. The last two milestones track user traffic. In this case, the $10K for 1K active daily users and $10K for 10K active daily users would be specific to the Harmony tower, tracking 1K daily transactions and 10K daily transactions.

Do you agree to these terms?

Yes, now you understand everything correctly. :slight_smile:
I think you were confused by the promotional images (big brands) in the test version of the tower.

Regarding daily users - to achieve such level of activity we have to make the step of each subsequent block price change very small (coefficient d).

Our team does not see a problem in this, but there are some counter questions:

1. How exactly in our case the “active” user is defined? Is it about transactions in the Harmony network only? Correct? (Just to clarify).
  2. How limited will we be in time? From a technical point of view, we are able clearly calculate and predict everything, but it will be difficult for us to estimate time of achieving traffic goals.

I will be grateful for the answers, @dpagan-harmony

That’s exactly what I was thinking as well.

How exactly in our case the “active” user is defined? Is it about transactions in the Harmony network only? Correct? (Just to clarify).

With this new understanding of the project, and since we’re needing to measure the value our grants bring to the ecosystem, I propose that we measure # of daily block purchases and/or edits on the tower. So one milestone is 1,000 daily block purchases and edits, and the other would be 10,000 daily block purchases and edits.

How limited will we be in time? From a technical point of view, we are able clearly calculate and predict everything, but it will be difficult for us to estimate time of achieving traffic goals.

There are no strict timeline limitations for achieving traffic goals, though the combined $20,000 will be withheld until those milestones are reached.

Please let me know your thoughts on the active user metrics proposed above.

Thanks for the explanation, @dpagan-harmony

Sounds good!
Ambitious but achievable goals are what we need :slight_smile:

Excellent.

This project is approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

2 Likes

Thank you for the good news and interesting questions, @dpagan-harmony!

One more motivation to work on the New Year’s holidays :slight_smile:

1 Like

We would also like to thank you @nickv for your great help in polishing the concept and preparing our proposal.

Thanks to you, we were able to successfully format everything and make it available to the community so that everything was simple and clear.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello guys! Today we have great news :partying_face:. We’ve already verified our NFT smart contract on the Harmony testnet. And very soon we’ll update our platform with the Harmony testnet and let’s start :rocket:

1 Like

Hi! We are glad to announce very happy news! Today we launched our project in Harmony Testnet, so we’ve already completed 1st milestone💥@lij @dpagan-harmony . In the future, we continue to work on the combined tower. You can get more information about our project on our website https://putyourblockon.top :rocket:

3 Likes

congrats my friends,

this is a strong beginning of the journey towards a full integration within the harmony ecosystem! I know you’ll deliver even more and share with us at Kyiv

meanwhile, if you're heading to receive funding for the 1st milestone reached, I suggest you to create the harmony multisig with 5-of-9 and settle a dao of 9 governors.

for example, you can follow this suggestion:

As for DAO formations, we recommend a 5-of-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.

2 Likes